Windows 10: New Win10 installation with online accounts or not?

Discus and support New Win10 installation with online accounts or not? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi all, Ill soon install my first Windows 10 PC and have therefore some questions related to the accounts. As far as I know Microsoft want users to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by MPREv2, Mar 31, 2021.

1. MPREv2 Win User

New Win10 installation with online accounts or not?

Hi all,

Ill soon install my first Windows 10 PC and have therefore some questions related to the accounts.
    As far as I know Microsoft want users to use the Microsoft online accounts - is it even possible to use offline accounts only? And what is the difference in between using online accounts and offline accounts?
    Is there somewhere a comprehensive but not to exhaustive list that compares the two models.

• What are the actual benefits of one and the other?
    • What special features are enabled when using the online accounts?
    • What services/features/functions are not working with offline accounts?
    • What services/features/functions do need a different way of configuration with offline accounts?
    Is there a way of using as Administrator account an offline account but as normal user account a MS online account?

Further - as I usually tend to split my system into two parts:

• Partition A containing the system (operating system and applications)
    • Partition B containing all the user data and for some applications as well configuration/databases
    That way I can backup these two parts separately (with different strategies) and can as well restore or reinstall the OS independent.
    Would there be a problem doing so with the access to the data if I user account was an online account and therefore the permissions bound to that user ID in the system and later reinstall with the same user (or even with another)?

KR,
    Maxwell

:)

MPREv2, Mar 31, 2021
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Mar 31, 2021
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Mar 31, 2021
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

1. New Win10 installation with online accounts or not? - Similar Threads - Win10 installation online

2. New Win10 Logged in with wrong account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New Win10 Logged in with wrong account: Upon setting up my new PC I used the wrong Microsoft Login. It's now rebooting and using this incorrect account. How do I remove this account and log in with the correct Microsoft account? 180444
  3. New Win10 Logged in with wrong account

in Windows 10 Support
    New Win10 Logged in with wrong account: Upon setting up my new PC I used the wrong Microsoft Login. It's now rebooting and using this incorrect account. How do I remove this account and log in with the correct Microsoft account? 180444
  4. Continually being asked for Admin permission in Win10 online account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Continually being asked for Admin permission in Win10 online account: Hi, I have just set up a new Win10 laptop, and signed in with my Microsoft Hotmail account. I am set up as an administrator. However, every time I copy files, or start up a program I am asked for admin permission to complete the task. This is a bit annoying but not a...
  5. new installation of win10 program

in Windows 10 Customization
    new installation of win10 program: where can I get a valid copy of win10 and will it be suitable to install on the latest eufi bios via a flashdrive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-installation-of-win10-program/512202ad-eea3-404c-8409-5ef003c789c0
  6. WIN10 Source Online

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIN10 Source Online: I've got my new desktop about done. Just need to plug in one Sata cord and done. I have a couple of empty USB sticks to download WIN10 onto. Research says to use Microsoft website for a creator? or something? Do I get that and buy a code key off a website online? I see...
  7. BSOD on new Win10 install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on new Win10 install: I have been getting continuous BSODs after a clean install on windows 10. Mostly IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL or DRIVER_IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL but also some other kinds. I have tried installing all I think... the drivers, but am still having issues. I thought it might be a RAM...
  8. Installing Win10 on new machine

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Win10 on new machine: Hey everyone, I'm selling a PC and am looking to install Windows on it for the new user. I have my own system with an ISO for Windows 10, as well as a blank 1TB hard drive intended for the PC being sold. I'm not entirely sure how to install the ISO on the blank hard drive so...
  9. How to copy user accounts in Win8 to online accounts in Win10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to copy user accounts in Win8 to online accounts in Win10: Hi I'm surprised that nobody else has this problem, but I've searched and can't find an answer...apologies if I've not looked hard enough but I decided to post a question because this is 'urgent' to me. I had 2 children's accounts in Win 8, and had local Parental...
  10. BSOD on new Win10 install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on new Win10 install: Hi, I was getting BSODs on a Win10 upgrade installation every time I run DOTA; sometimes it would take 2 minutes, sometimes it would take 10minutes. It would also rarely crash randomly when I left the PC on after web browsing. Pretty much it would crash every time I use it....