Windows 10: New Win10 Machine Can Only See Two of Three Other Machines on Network

Discus and support New Win10 Machine Can Only See Two of Three Other Machines on Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a 3 machine Homegroup network consisting of one Win7 and two Win10's, and 1 network printer. All 3 machines can see everything on the other two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChaosAgent, Oct 2, 2019.

1. New Win10 Machine Can Only See Two of Three Other Machines on Network

I have a 3 machine Homegroup network consisting of one Win7 and two Win10's, and 1 network printer. All 3 machines can see everything on the other two machines and the printer.

All 3 machines, and the new machine, are on the same WiFi network.

I'm trying to add a new Win10 machine with no Homegroup access. So I have used Network Sharing to allow the new machine to access the other machines. The new machine can see the Win7 machine folders and the Shared Printer, and it can see one of the Win10 machines and its Shared Printer.

But no matter what I try, the new machine cannot see the other Win10 machine. I shared the C:/ and every folder all the way down to the folder I need to access, which is the WSTD folder under the UPS program.

I have also gone through and set the permissions to allow EVERYONE to have full control over everything.

I can however ping the target machine from the new machine and I can ping the new machine from the target machine. And the Firewalls are turned off on both machines.

The new machine also cannot see the Network Printer, even if I try to connect it using the IP address. But I can ping the printer with no problems.

Anyone have any idea what's going on here?

I'm stumped.

:)

ChaosAgent, Oct 2, 2019
  2. MikeBr47 Win User

Some machines missing from File Explorer networks on Windows 10

My Win10 file explorer was listing all the machines on my private network, then I tried to install an Android VM called 'Andy' which also installed VirtualBox. After the installation my network was unusable. I uninstalled both Andy and VirtualBox, but the
    network was still inoperable. I ran the network troubleshooter and got partial communication. I tried comparing their network settings with other Win10 PCs which could see the whole network. I tried changing the login method and not logging to Microsoft account.
    Still no improvement. I can open the machines shared directories by running \\machineName. I can see one other Win10 machine when I should be able to see two. I know the share settings are corrects as my other Win10 PCs can see them all. My troubled PC cannot
    even see itself on the network.

Any suggestions?

MikeBr47, Oct 2, 2019
  3. Running activated Win10 on a new machine

My desktop is running a genuine Win7 Pro N retail. Can somebody tell me what happens if I upgrade to Win10 Pro on my old machine and later get a new one? Will I be able to install activated Win10 directly on my new machine, or will I have to reinstall
    Win7 and upgrade again to Win10? Or do something else? I'm not sure will I loose my licence if I buy a new computor, although it's a retail version? Thanks.

DragoŠtajduhar, Oct 2, 2019
  4. New Win10 Machine Can Only See Two of Three Other Machines on Network

Network Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 machines

I am trying to net work 2 computers, a Windows 8.1 machine and a Windows 10 machine. The network on the Windows 10 machine shows both machines, but the network on the 8.1 machines shows the Windows 10 as a media device.

Suggestions?

JerryLehnus, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

New Win10 Machine Can Only See Two of Three Other Machines on Network

1. New Win10 Machine Can Only See Two of Three Other Machines on Network - Similar Threads - Win10 Machine Three

2. Recognising machines on new network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recognising machines on new network: We moved house and changed ISP. The original ISP set 192.168.178.xxx / 255.255.255.0 as our network scheme. The new ISP has 192.168.0.xxx / 255.255.255.0 as their scheme. Our home server was set with a fixed IP 192.168.178.100 and when I came to pack up I didn't think to...
  3. Installing Win10 on new machine

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Win10 on new machine: Hey everyone, I'm selling a PC and am looking to install Windows on it for the new user. I have my own system with an ISO for Windows 10, as well as a blank 1TB hard drive intended for the PC being sold. I'm not entirely sure how to install the ISO on the blank hard drive so...
  4. Three Win10 Machines connected via switch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Three Win10 Machines connected via switch: I have one server, two pcs, a laptop and two xbox's all connected using the following network scheme: Modem > All-in-One Router > 8-port switch > everything else (server/pc from switch, phones/laptops via wireless) My question is: Why does my Network Explorer window not...
  5. New Win10 Machine Can Only See Two of Three Other Machines on Network

New Win10 Machine Can Only See Two of Three Other Machines on Network: I have a 3 machine Homegroup network consisting of one Win7 and two Win10's, and 1 network printer. All 3 machines can see everything on the other two machines and the printer. All 3 machines, and the new machine, are on the same WiFi network. I'm trying to add a new Win10...
  6. Only one of two Windows 10 machines can connect to XP machine

Only one of two Windows 10 machines can connect to XP machine: I have an XP Machine that has several shared resources (USB Drives, partitions, folders, etc.) and have had an XP LAN for years. I want to be able to access the shared resources from two other Windows 10 machines. Problem: The Acer (Win 10 Home) can see shared resources on...
  7. HTTP on my Win10 machine only?

in Browsers and Email
    HTTP on my Win10 machine only?: I'm considering opening a website development section, a test-bed of sorts, on my Win10 machine, which is limited to my machine and does not connect to the WWW, and is only accessible from my machine. Is this doable? How easy it it to setup? Are there any easy-to-follow...
  8. HTTP on my Win10 machine only?

in Windows 10 Support
    HTTP on my Win10 machine only?: I'm considering opening a website development section, a test-bed of sorts, on my Win10 machine, which is limited to my machine and does not connect to the WWW, and is only accessible from my machine. Is this doable? How easy it it to setup? Are there any easy-to-follow...
  9. Unable to see networked devices but can on other machines

Unable to see networked devices but can on other machines: Hi all! I wouldn't normally ask for help as I'm usually pretty damned good at sorting issues myself but this has got me stumped. I've got 2 PC's and a laptop. Laptop behaves the same way as PC2 so I'll discount that for now. The issue: PC1 appears to have an issue with...
  10. My machine is recognising only itself.No other machine in network.

My machine is recognising only itself.No other machine in network.: I have written before and my question was answered.But it made same problem again.I Have done all which was said me.But it doesn't work now.My machine is recognising only itself.No other machine in network. Sincerely ! Mursit Hakan Cil...