Windows 10: New Window 10 desktop cannot detect audio devices plugged into the motherboard, new drivers...

Discus and support New Window 10 desktop cannot detect audio devices plugged into the motherboard, new drivers... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I've recently built a new PC, and am having trouble with my audio. I only have the AMD High Definition Audio Driver from my GPU, but no audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AndrewLawrence299, Aug 11, 2020.

1. New Window 10 desktop cannot detect audio devices plugged into the motherboard, new drivers...

Hello!

I've recently built a new PC, and am having trouble with my audio. I only have the AMD High Definition Audio Driver from my GPU, but no audio driver from my motherboard ASUS Prime B550M-A wifi. I downloaded and tried installing the driver from Asus' website Realtek audio driver V6.0.8955.1 For Windows 10 64-bit, but no new driver appears, and the Realtek HD Audio Manager software does not load.

I have already read through the 13 steps to fix sound problems in Windows 10 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4520288/windows-10-fix-sound-problems, and I believe the lack of motherboard audio driver is the issue, though I am open to other solutions.

Thank you!

-Andrew

:)

AndrewLawrence299, Aug 11, 2020

2. Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version [2]

I just built a new rig with a ASRock X470 Taichi motherboard and Win 10 64bit 1903. I downloaded the driver from my motherboard's site (Realtek high definition audio driver ver:8668_UAD_WHQL_DTS) and then ran the powershell script to detect the driver type.

Since I couldn't get more than 1 output, I also tried the latest driver in the 1st post (HDA DRIVER VERSION: 6.0.8716.1).

No matter what is plugged in, I only have 1 playback/output device.

• I plug my speakers into rear panel = audio plays out the speakers and listed as Speakers (Realtek Audio)
    • I plug my headphones into front panel = audio plays out my headphones and listed as Speakers (Realtek Audio)
    • I plug my headphones into front panel and speakers into rear panel = audio plays out of front panel and listed as Speakers (Realtek Audio)

I used to be able to switch between front and rear when both were plugged in. Anyone have any suggestions?

monsterenergy22, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Windows not recognizing motherboard audio device

If the HD Audio device only appears in Device Manager as a Hidden Device (it displays with a transparent icon) then, yes, Windows is not detecting the device. Could be the chip failed. But here's a trick that sometimes works....

HD audio connects like this:Windows <===> HD Audio Controller <=======> HD Audio Device
    Your HD audio device connects downstream to an Audio Controller. Sometimes the controller needs to be reset.

Look in Device Manager under System Devices. Do you find a device named something like "High Def Audio Controller" or "Realtek HD Audio Controller"?
    • If not there, it's the controller that failed
    • If you find the HD audio controller:
      • Right click it, select Uninstall. If asked, do not choose to delete driver files.
      • Reboot. The driver will reinstall and the audio controller will attempt to re-detect the HD audio device. Does it find it this time?

If that doesn't work, i'd also check if any BIOS updates.

ComputerGeek, Aug 11, 2020
  4. Durelzo Win User

New Window 10 desktop cannot detect audio devices plugged into the motherboard, new drivers...

I need a new audio driver that works with Windows 10 that is not Realtek.

My computer just underwent the recent Windows update and with it the updated Realtek audio driver. I don't know if I had been using a Realtek driver before that point, I never had a reason to pay attention to it. My audio input through any mic I connect
    since the update is horrible and I need a new driver that is not Realtek, as I have updated it again, un and reinstalled it and followed all the steps listed in other similar questions such as:

"I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run the Audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab03

If the issue persists, then try to uninstall and re-install the audio driver.

1. Press Windows Logo Key+X. Click on Device Manager.
    2. In the list of hardware categories, look for the device that you want to update, and then right-click on it to Uninstall.
    3. Follow onscreen instructions to uninstall it.
    4. To re-install, either you can restart the system or install the driver from the manufacturer’s website (recommended as they will have updated drivers).
    For reference:

Try all the steps provided in the link below and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this helps in resolving the issue with Audio. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you."

This has not worked for me; I need an option that is either a guaranteed fix which I don't think is available, or a new compatible driver.

Durelzo, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

New Window 10 desktop cannot detect audio devices plugged into the motherboard, new drivers...

1. New Window 10 desktop cannot detect audio devices plugged into the motherboard, new drivers... - Similar Threads - Window desktop cannot

2. External audio device detected when no audio device is plugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External audio device detected when no audio device is plugged: My pc detects audio device when no audio device is plugged.I have not plugged any audio device but there is speaker in playback. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-audio-device-detected-when-no-audio/1e426f44-a7eb-478f-a523-2eb923a2eb12
  3. Windows cannot detect audio device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows cannot detect audio device: Windows suddenly stopped detecting my audio device today. I ran the troubleshooter, DSMI, sfc, updated BIOS, reinstalled factory drivers, and nothing has worked. Anyone have any ideas?...
  4. New build. All audio has stopped. Audio devices are detected as well as new ones. Drivers...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New build. All audio has stopped. Audio devices are detected as well as new ones. Drivers...: Build is about a month old. Audio recently decided to stop working. I have looked through event viewer but haven't had much luck finding the cause. I have tried to uninstall/reinstall the driver, but that didn't work. I have tried to switch the driver manually but still...
  5. Windows 10 not detecting devices plugged into 3.5mm audio jack

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 not detecting devices plugged into 3.5mm audio jack: I've seen people online having problems like this one but its not the same. I've spent 3 days straight trying to fix this. The problem I'm having is ANYTHING I plug into the audio jack does not even show up As screen shots show. I currently have my mixer board plugged into...
  6. No Media Drivers / No Device Drivers Detected on fresh install on a new Desktop CPU

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Media Drivers / No Device Drivers Detected on fresh install on a new Desktop CPU: Hello Everyone, I have recently built a desktop CPU and when I am installing Windows 10, I get the error message No Media Drivers Detected, and after that the continuous error message is No Device Drivers found. I have fresh installed windows 10 several times and this is...
  7. windows 10 on a new motherboard

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 on a new motherboard: I recently had my old5 months motherboard burn out on me. I bought windows OEM for a customer computer DIY build. can I transfer my old SSD with windows straight to the new motherboard that is the same model?...
  8. New motherboard, new windows 10?

New motherboard, new windows 10?: Do I need to get a new version of windows 10 if I'm upgrading to a new motherboard + CPU but still using the same HDD/SSD which will have windows 10 installed on it? Also when changing my CPU and motherboard will I need to mess around with the BIOS for anything? I'd be...
  9. New PC and motherboard drivers

New PC and motherboard drivers: Hi. On Monday my new PC been delivered and cant wait. Its a new windows 10 pc so should I install mother board drivers first or should I just activate it and leave it a loan. Windows 10 will already be installed too and windows 10 installs drivers any way. Just don't want to...
  10. Motherboard Drivers on a new Windows 10 Installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Motherboard Drivers on a new Windows 10 Installation: Hi all, Have been struggling a bit with getting an error free clean install. Going to be trying again tonight....... One thing I am not 100% sure of on the MOTHERBOARD drivers - can I get away by just installing the current Intel Chipset Driver? My Device Manager shows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtek driver FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_1220&SUBSYS_18492221&REV_1001