Windows 10: New window not Active when opening from Taskbar

Discus and support New window not Active when opening from Taskbar in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; We have encountered an issue with Dell E7490 laptops. After the units are imaged, if you open a program, like the command prompt by Clicking on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Todd Foughty, Sep 11, 2018.

1. New window not Active when opening from Taskbar

We have encountered an issue with Dell E7490 laptops. After the units are imaged, if you open a program, like the command prompt by Clicking on the Windows' button, and typing CMD, when the application opens, it's not "Active". You have to click on the application to make it active. Any suggestions?

:)

Todd Foughty, Sep 11, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 11, 2018
  3. Bplockard Win User
    Help!, windows taskbar disapeared!!!

i installed a new vga into my computer and everything is fine, except that the Taskbar dosnt show up!! i have windows xp home edition. hitting the Windows button on my keybored dosnt open the start menu either, some 1 please help!

Bplockard, Sep 11, 2018
  4. New window not Active when opening from Taskbar

Taskbar disable, key command to activate

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps. I would suggest you to auto hide the taskbar. Follow the below steps.

• Right click on the taskbar and select properties.
    • Check on the box Auto-hide taskbar, click on Apply and click on
      OK.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

New window not Active when opening from Taskbar

1. New window not Active when opening from Taskbar - Similar Threads - window Active opening

2. Open Taskbar Icons Only Highlighting When Active

in Windows 10 Customization
    Open Taskbar Icons Only Highlighting When Active: Hello,Apologies if the wording of my initial question is a bit confusing. Essentially, if I open an app, it will show up on my taskbar as normal. But instead of all of my currently open apps being highlighted, only the one that's "active" or I'm currently using is...
  3. Open Taskbar Icons Only Highlighting When Active

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open Taskbar Icons Only Highlighting When Active: Hello,Apologies if the wording of my initial question is a bit confusing. Essentially, if I open an app, it will show up on my taskbar as normal. But instead of all of my currently open apps being highlighted, only the one that's "active" or I'm currently using is...
  4. Open Taskbar Icons Only Highlighting When Active

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Preview of an active window from the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preview of an active window from the taskbar: until a few days ago, when I hovered my mouse over the peek preview of a window in the taskbar, the full window was brought to the front for as long as the mouse was over the preview window. When the mouse left the preview window, the original active window came back to the...
  6. Preview of an active window from the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preview of an active window from the taskbar: until a few days ago, when I hovered my mouse over the peek preview of a window in the taskbar, the full window was brought to the front for as long as the mouse was over the preview window. When the mouse left the preview window, the original active window came back to the...
  7. Skype Error when it's open from the taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Skype Error when it's open from the taskbar icon: [ATTACH] Hi Everyone! Maybe someone could help me. When i open Skype from the icon in the taskbar it throws an error. (If i open it from the windows menu it doesn't.) the error when open from the icon on the right. my skype version submitted by /u/auchiya [link]...
  8. Why does Chrome open a new icon on the taskbar when I open it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does Chrome open a new icon on the taskbar when I open it?: On my work machine which runs windows 10 anything I open that is pinned to the taskbar just opens from the taskbar, so if I minimize it there aren't two different icons for that program on the taskbar, just the one with a grey line under it. However on my personal laptop,...
  9. when i open a window from the taskbar it will not stay open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    when i open a window from the taskbar it will not stay open: when i open a window from the taskbar it will not stay open it goes away and I have to click on it again to keep it open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-open-a-window-from-the-taskbar-it-will-not/74b05e90-be27-4720-acef-6ab7620ee650"
  10. Tiles on Taskbar opens new tile when app opened

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tiles on Taskbar opens new tile when app opened: Recently I've noticed that when I open a a program from the icon on the taskbar, a new icon appears on the taskbar with a blue line underneath. I get that that is showing me an open application but I'm pretty sure that it used to just put the blue line under the first icon....