Windows 10: New window opens in foreground instead of background

Discus and support New window opens in foreground instead of background in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I recently got a new laptop running windows 10 and when i click on any file on Windows Explorer, it opens up the new window in the foreground. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JoJoCheng248, Jun 22, 2020.

1. New window opens in foreground instead of background

Hi,

I recently got a new laptop running windows 10 and when i click on any file on Windows Explorer, it opens up the new window in the foreground. For Example, this gets quite tedious when I want to open up multiple Powerpoints to study, when i click on a powerpoint it opens up on top of the windows explorer so I always have to open the windows explorer up again.

On my old laptop running Windows 10 when I clicked on a powerpoint from Windows Explorer the powerpoint opened up in the background, so it was a lot easier to open up multiple files without switching back and forth between windows explorer and each Powerpoint file every time I click on a powerpoint file.

I was wondering what setting I can change to get any files videos, powerpoints, word files, and etc to open up in the background when I am using file explorer instead of on top of windows explorer.

Thank you

:)

JoJoCheng248, Jun 22, 2020
  2. Lars Gard Win User

An app is suddenly running in background instead of foreground as it should

I run Windows 10.

When I tried to start an app it suddenly started to run in the background instead of foreground as it should, as seen in the Taskmanager.

It is an "external" app and is thus not listed in the Settings-privacy- background apps list

I want to force it back to run as foreground app again.

Is it possible?

Lars Gard, Jun 22, 2020
  3. microsoft edge open new tab in foreground

Has anyone figured out how to open a new tab in the foreground in Microsoft Edge? (Right click a link, "Open in new tab"). The default is background.

BradChristenson, Jun 22, 2020
  4. New window opens in foreground instead of background

In Windows 10 new windows open in the background

In the past few weeks new windows open in the background not the foreground. For example if I have Outlook open and then open Excel the Excel window will be behind the Outlook window.

Any ideas? This is in Windows 10.

Ira Horowitz, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

New window opens in foreground instead of background

1. New window opens in foreground instead of background - Similar Threads - window opens foreground

2. SOMETIMES an java application windows opens in the foreground and SOMETIMES in the background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SOMETIMES an java application windows opens in the foreground and SOMETIMES in the background: Hello AllI am working on Java desktop application for Windows which is able to opens multiple windows. Opening a new windows of the app maybe triggered via REST call. To test the scenario of opening a new window via REST call I have a command application that sends a request....
  3. SOMETIMES an java application windows opens in the foreground and SOMETIMES in the background

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SOMETIMES an java application windows opens in the foreground and SOMETIMES in the background: Hello AllI am working on Java desktop application for Windows which is able to opens multiple windows. Opening a new windows of the app maybe triggered via REST call. To test the scenario of opening a new window via REST call I have a command application that sends a request....
  4. Applications and dialog boxes are opening in the background instead of foreground in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applications and dialog boxes are opening in the background instead of foreground in Windows 11: I just got a new laptop with Windows 11 and this issue is driving me crazy. Applications and dialog boxes are all opening in the background BEHIND already opened applications. Sometimes the application or dialog box will open in the foreground for a couple of seconds then...
  5. Applications and dialog boxes are opening in the background instead of foreground in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applications and dialog boxes are opening in the background instead of foreground in Windows 11: I just got a new laptop with Windows 11 and this issue is driving me crazy. Applications and dialog boxes are all opening in the background BEHIND already opened applications. Sometimes the application or dialog box will open in the foreground for a couple of seconds then...
  6. Windows 11 - New Windows/Apps Default to Background instead of Foreground

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - New Windows/Apps Default to Background instead of Foreground: This has been asked a few times I'm sure. Other tips I've seen either aren't active anymore, don't work, or were never confirmed to work. I feel like I saw some setting somewhere that would let me change the default open to foreground instead of background. It's very...
  7. Windows 11 - New Windows/Apps Default to Background instead of Foreground

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - New Windows/Apps Default to Background instead of Foreground: This has been asked a few times I'm sure. Other tips I've seen either aren't active anymore, don't work, or were never confirmed to work. I feel like I saw some setting somewhere that would let me change the default open to foreground instead of background. It's very...
  8. Moving open applications from foreground to background or tray?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Moving open applications from foreground to background or tray?: There are some applications I like to leave open but that I do not need in my taskbar. They sometimes need occasional interaction, messenger most of all. picturedIs there a way or a mod to force these applications in general to run in background, perhaps minimized to the...
  9. Open windows in foreground

in Windows 10 Customization
    Open windows in foreground: All of a sudden, the windows I open are in the background and cannot be brought to the foreground by clicking on them. Also the task bar has quit sliding out if I have a window opened full screen. I have to downsize the window to get the task bar to slide out from the side....
  10. An app is suddenly running in background instead of foreground as it should

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    An app is suddenly running in background instead of foreground as it should: Hi, There was a thread on this, but the advice wasn't helpful and the thread was locked. So here is a new thread. Win 10. I installed an external app (so doesnt appear in the Settings-Privacy-Background Apps list. The app runs fine, until I minimise it. then it moves...