Windows 10: New Windows 10 1809 update rolls out: Mapped-drive bug finally fixed.

Discus and support New Windows 10 1809 update rolls out: Mapped-drive bug finally fixed. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The new Windows 10 (October) V1809 Update rolls out (again) today. Hopefully without problems.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Davy-Delliott, Dec 6, 2018.

1. New Windows 10 1809 update rolls out: Mapped-drive bug finally fixed.

Davy-Delliott, Dec 6, 2018
  2. CD[#]KM Win User

Windows 10 mapped drives not reconnecting after updating to 1809

This is definitely an issue with the 1809 update, as here is what we see and have done:

1. First, this is only affecting drives we have mapped to 2012 servers. It is not affecting a couple drives mapped to an old 2003 server (for testing).

2. If I create a new logon/profile, and map a drive, it connects fine. But after logging off and back on, it has the red x and needs to be opened to refresh. This happens if I map from Explorer and using the net use command.

3. Since the mapping to the old 2003 server works (SMB1.0), it is not likely a network or DNS issue. Plus the systems on my network that I have not installed the 1809 update on do not have the issue, just the few I updated.

4. I also tried mapping with the FQDN of the share and it still does the same thing with the red X's

5. Three patches/updates to 1809 update just came out, and I installed them, and they do not resolve the issue.

This issue is not listed as a known issue on the Windows 10 Update History/info page, so I am not confident that Microsoft is aware of this issue and is working on fixing it: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4464619/windows-10-update-history

CD[#]KM, Dec 6, 2018
  3. AmirGh1 Win User
    Windows 10 mapped drives not reconnecting after updating to 1809

We have a few mapped network drives. These have worked until the Windows 10 1809 update. Now, none of the drive letters will automatically connect- the folders are all listed with their associated drive
    letters and each has a red cross. If I click on the red cross, they all connect OK and stay mapped while the PC is in use. After a restart, it’s the same.

Anyone any idea how to cure this?

AmirGh1, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

New Windows 10 1809 update rolls out: Mapped-drive bug finally fixed.

Minecraft Bug fix update for Pocket and Windows 10

Source: Bug fix update for Pocket / Win 10

Brink, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

New Windows 10 1809 update rolls out: Mapped-drive bug finally fixed.

1. New Windows 10 1809 update rolls out: Mapped-drive bug finally fixed. - Similar Threads - 1809 update rolls

2. Please roll out a fix in updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please roll out a fix in updates: Hello Microsoft,I am posting this because of who I work for.In December 2021, an update was rolled out when the issue was first rolled out. My computer started to slow down. Keep in mind, my computers are not old. All of the computers in my home started to slow down. My main...
  3. Please roll out a fix in updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Please roll out a fix in updates: Hello Microsoft,I am posting this because of who I work for.In December 2021, an update was rolled out when the issue was first rolled out. My computer started to slow down. Keep in mind, my computers are not old. All of the computers in my home started to slow down. My main...
  4. Please roll out a fix in updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 21H1 is finally rolling out to testers with a few new features

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 21H1 is finally rolling out to testers with a few new features: The Windows 10 21H1 ‘Spring 2021’ update is now official and it’s rolling out to millions of users in the Windows Insider program, and it brings a few improvements, including new features for Windows Hello. Unlike the last year’s Windows 10 version 2004 update, this new...
  6. Windows 10 update will finally fix the frustrating bug with PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 update will finally fix the frustrating bug with PCs: Windows 10 is braced for an update that will come with fixes for a frustrating flaw that users have been reporting for about a year now. For some devices, Windows 10 has been going seriously wrong when applying updates from Windows Update. In some cases, users are presented...
  7. Microsoft is rolling out Windows 10 updates to fix Privacy settings bug

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is rolling out Windows 10 updates to fix Privacy settings bug: Microsoft is rolling out new updates for Windows 10 to fix a bug that broke privacy settings on a small number of devices. Microsoft explains that the issue impacted only a small fraction of devices running Windows 10 version 1809, version 1803 and version 1709. As per the...
  8. Windows 10 mapped drives not reconnecting after updating to 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 mapped drives not reconnecting after updating to 1809: We have a few mapped network drives. These have worked until the Windows 10 1809 update. Now, none of the drive letters will automatically connect- the folders are all listed with their associated drive letters and each has a red cross. If I click on the red cross, they...
  9. Windows 10 mapped drives not reconnecting after updating to 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 mapped drives not reconnecting after updating to 1809: We have a few mapped network drives. These have worked until the Windows 10 1809 update. Now, none of the drive letters will automatically connect- the folders are all listed with their associated drive letters and each has a red cross. If I click on the red cross, they...
  10. Windows 10 Build 17134.137 is now rolling out with bug fixes

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 17134.137 is now rolling out with bug fixes: The second patch for Windows 10 April 2018 Update (version 1803) is now rolling out with a long list of bug fixes. The direct download links for Windows 10 KB4294848 are available on Microsoft’s Update catalog website, and you can use the offline installer to manually upgrade...