Windows 10: new windows 10 2004 update

Discus and support new windows 10 2004 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; when i open an app such as discord or stream labs on my second monitor i get a thin white line on the left of my main monitor does anybody know how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EDGHOST, Oct 21, 2020.

1. EDGHOST Win User

new windows 10 2004 update

when i open an app such as discord or stream labs on my second monitor i get a thin white line on the left of my main monitor does anybody know how to fix this???

:)

EDGHOST, Oct 21, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 21, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Just a tiny step closer before I'll upgrade to windows 10....

P4-630, Oct 21, 2020
  4. blzmn Win User

2004 update windows 10 error 0x80070002

Hello everyone,

thanks to some of the suggestions here and to some from other sources I have managed to fix the 0x80070002 error breaking up my feature update to 2004.

For completeness' sake and since it may help others, the following steps worked for me.

1. Download Media Creation Tool from Microsoft's official website
    2. Create a bootable USB drive with the MCT
    3. Boot up from this USB Drive
    4. Choose install settings, click 'Next', but on the next screen select "Repair your computer" instead of "Install"
    5. Choose "Troubleshoot" -> "Startup Repair" and let it finish
    6. Restart into Windows and attempt the usual Windows update
    It looks like the BCD on my computer had been damaged by the boot loader (Windows 10 + Recovery partition) and running the "Startup Repair" from the installation USB Drive corrected the errors.

blzmn, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

1. new windows 10 2004 update - Similar Threads - 2004 update

2. PC updates to 1909 only. Won't proceed to 2004 or beyond. Really?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    PC updates to 1909 only. Won't proceed to 2004 or beyond. Really?: I was just showing off my new PC in another thread when I noticed it won't update past 1909. I'm getting this -- [img] That should already be ready. Don't you think? We're already a feature update ahead of that. I thought I once went to a MS site that tries to update for...
  3. I still cannot get the 1909 to 2004 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I still cannot get the 1909 to 2004 update: Well, after three times or more I still cannot get the 1909 to 2004 update my wife's Dell laptop so she will just stick with what works. By the time M$ figures out how her PC will have to be pitched out and she gets a MAC. Yeah, I have tried almost every stupid suggestion...
  4. How to update from 1909 to 2004 instead of 20H2?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to update from 1909 to 2004 instead of 20H2?: Hi guys. I am running windows 10 1909 but i postponed the feature updates. I was wondering if is possible to update to 2004 instead of the latest one. I prefer to stay one version behind to avoid bugs. 1909 is running smoothly but unless i stop windows updates i will need to...
  5. Windows 10 2004 updates - Keep removing pwd from Credential Manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 2004 updates - Keep removing pwd from Credential Manager: Hi, After getting Windows 10 ,2004 updates my System keep refreshing pwd from Credential manager. I did try to add them manually but it refresh in few hours. These issue creating problem with Outlook and mapped network drives. Are there any fix for this? thanks,...
  6. PC updates to 1909 only. Won't proceed to 2004 or beyond. Really?

in Windows 10 Support
    PC updates to 1909 only. Won't proceed to 2004 or beyond. Really?: I was just showing off my new PC in another thread when I noticed it won't update past 1909. I'm getting this -- [img] That should already be ready. Don't you think? We're already a feature update ahead of that. I thought I once went to a MS site that tries to update for...
  7. BSOD After 2004 - HD Radeon 6840 No more Supported - How to avoid features updates

BSOD After 2004 - HD Radeon 6840 No more Supported - How to avoid features updates: Hi all. I have lost several days trying to resolve my issue. I give up. My PC with Windows 10 Home with video card ATI RADEON HD6850 was working fine until version 1909. After updates to version 2004 random BSOD started. kmode exception non handled, seems related to...
  8. 2020-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64 based Systems KB4586781

2020-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64 based Systems KB4586781: I am told "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.". Apparently these are contained in the subject update. I have tried to install the update for several days and repeatedly get the message, "Failed to install on date this- 0x80073701." The update...
  9. 3 times yesterday: Blue Screen after Win 10 version 2004 attempted update

3 times yesterday: Blue Screen after Win 10 version 2004 attempted update: Yesterday my Win 10 64 machine prompted me to restart to install an update it noted this is a big one, will take some time. After several minutes a restart resulted in the Blue Screen, leaving me no option but to force a shut down and re-start. Upon re-start the display...
  10. BSOD since Windows 10 May 2004 as well as 20h2 update

BSOD since Windows 10 May 2004 as well as 20h2 update: Hi there, I've been randomly having BSODs everyday 1-3x/day since the aforementioned update, usually with this message: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. The BSODs occurs randomly - while surfing the internet/gaming/video editing/benchmarking, etc. Most days i would be able to...