Windows 10: New Windows 10 APIs to improve inking in Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome

Discus and support New Windows 10 APIs to improve inking in Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; According to code commits reviewed by us, Microsoft is working on a number of improvements to inking in Chromium-based browsers, such as Edge and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Mar 28, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

New Windows 10 APIs to improve inking in Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome

According to code commits reviewed by us, Microsoft is working on a number of improvements to inking in Chromium-based browsers, such as Edge and Chrome. The software giant decided to do something about inking in Chromium after receiving feedback from users regarding how inking felt a bit jittery due to latency problem.

Microsoft also received complaints about Edge’s inability to distinguish between pen and finger input. As part of a project called “Web Ink Enhancement“, Microsoft has been considering new APIs to address latency problems when using a pen or stylus.

Ink prediction is “pretty bad in its current form”. For example, there’s a bug where delegated ink trail will continue briefly even when the left mouse button is raised and inking should stop.

This happens when the browser isn’t aware of anything about the ink trail and is unable to stop the forwarding points.

In a new post to Chromium Gerrit, Microsoft has confirmed that it plans to use upcoming Windows 10 APIs – StartNewTrail, AddTrailPoints, RemoveTrailPoints and more – to indicate the starting point of the trail and add additional points as more arrive.

“This allows the browser process to send points directly to the GPU main thread in preparation for these points to be consumed by OS APIs and reduce latency while inking by more,” Microsoft noted.

Microsoft is still working on these new Windows 10 APIs and they’ll be added in a future SDK.

It’s not yet clear when these enhancements will land in Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome.

Web apps improvements in Chromium

In addition to inking, Microsoft is also working on a number of changes to improve the quality of web apps when installed using the Chromium browser. For example, a future Chromium update will allow users to restore web apps via the browser session restore system.

In terms of Edge-specific changes, Microsoft is adding support for resizable vertical tabs and a new toggle to turn off the “tabs fading” effect when the sleeping tab feature is enabled.

The post New Windows 10 APIs to improve inking in Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Mar 28, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

New Inking experience improvements in Microsoft Edge

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/.../2098598#M4501

Latest Microsoft Edge released for Windows

Brink, Mar 28, 2021
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Google Chrome not working windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Are you facing any issues with Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer?
    • Is the issue confined to Google Chrome?
    • Have you tried uninstalling/re-installing Google Chrome?
    There could be several reasons for this cause. I would suggest you to try the steps below and check the result.

Uninstall Google Chrome and then re-install

Press Windows key + X and click Programs & Features

Right click Google Chrome and click Uninstall

Re-install Google Chrome and check.

If the issue still persists, please contact the developer of Google Chrome.

Google Chrome Support Forum

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Arul_D, Mar 28, 2021
  4. Marco Gav Win User

Windows 10 Google Chrome not working

Hi,

We suggest that you submit your ideas for improvement for Microsoft Edge as a feedback. You can submit a feedback by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Windows Feedback.

• Select Add new feedback.

• Fill out and submit the form.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

1. New Windows 10 APIs to improve inking in Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome - Similar Threads - APIs improve inking

2. Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome: I have both of them web browsers for my windows 10 pc, i mostly use chrome for my google account to link with my other devices that use my google account and i am wondering which one is best or better for video streaming with the likes of netflix and youtube etc?...
  3. Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome: I have both of them web browsers for my windows 10 pc, i mostly use chrome for my google account to link with my other devices that use my google account and i am wondering which one is best or better for video streaming with the likes of netflix and youtube etc?...
  4. Microsoft is improving Windows Spellcheck on Google Chrome, Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is improving Windows Spellcheck on Google Chrome, Edge: Last year, Microsoft said it was moving away from the default spell checking feature in open-source Chromium and Edge was updated with the new Windows Spellcheck API. This was also added to Google Chrome as an optional feature and it’s obviously limited to Windows 10....
  5. New Inking experience improvements in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    New Inking experience improvements in Microsoft Edge: We are very happy to announce a bunch of experience improvements we are bringing to the inking experience inside Microsoft Edge. We have heard feedback about the writing experience in Edge especially on PDFs where writing feels a but jittery. There were also complaints about...
  6. Microsoft, Google are improving Chrome’s dark mode on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft, Google are improving Chrome’s dark mode on Windows 10: Windows 10 and Chrome’s dark mode gives your eyes a welcome break when you’re browsing the web at night. While Google Chrome’s dark mode works fine and it also respects Windows 10’s theme preference, it only changes the colour of the top-level UIs of the browser. Google is...
  7. Microsoft adding a new privacy API to Chromium (Chrome and Edge)

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft adding a new privacy API to Chromium (Chrome and Edge): On the privacy front, Microsoft is working on another new feature so users don’t have to compromise between privacy projects and embedded content will continue to function correctly. Last year Apple added a new privacy API called ‘Storage Access’ to its Safari browser that...
  8. New policies for Google Chrome extensions and Google Drive API

in Windows 10 News
    New policies for Google Chrome extensions and Google Drive API: Third-party apps and websites create services that millions of people use to get things done and customize their online experience. To make this ecosystem successful, people need to be confident their data is secure, and developers need clear rules of the road. That’s why...
  9. Microsoft to improve Edge and Chrome’s incognito feature on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to improve Edge and Chrome’s incognito feature on Windows 10: Microsoft appears to be working on an interesting feature that could improve user privacy when running Chromium-based browsers, such as Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome in incognito mode. When you use a Chromium-based browser in the incognito mode, the browsing history,...
  10. Comparison of Google Chrome with Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Comparison of Google Chrome with Microsoft Edge on Windows 10: [ATTACH] Microsoft Edge gets better with each upgrade of Windows 10. After three years of its initial release, I am comparing it against Google Chrome as an end user to see how it fares when it comes to battery usage, and [...] This post Comparison of Google Chrome with...