Windows 10: New Windows 10 audio driver update not letting me choose internal mic over headphones mic

Discus and support New Windows 10 audio driver update not letting me choose internal mic over headphones mic in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The new audio driver update is not letting me choose the internal mic over headphones mic. This happened once but I rolled back the driver update and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Winchester_9, Jun 3, 2020.

1. New Windows 10 audio driver update not letting me choose internal mic over headphones mic

The new audio driver update is not letting me choose the internal mic over headphones mic. This happened once but I rolled back the driver update and everthing worked fine again. but yesterday Windows 10 "obligatory" update updated the driver again and this time not letting me roll back to the previous driver. First, how do I fix this issue? and secondly, how do I stop these stupid auto updates permanently since every update causes a new problem?

:)

Winchester_9, Jun 3, 2020

2. Mic/Headphone ports not working correctly - Acer Aspire 7745

Hi all,

I have an Acer Aspire 7745 that I have been trying to get the external audio ports to work correctly on since I upgraded it to Windows 10 - it was originally a Win7 machine from the factory. It's got three external audio ports:

New Windows 10 audio driver update not letting me choose internal mic over headphones mic [​IMG]

Win10 runs fine on it (Core i3 @ 2.27Ghz, 4GB RAM) and sound through the speakers works fine, as does the internal mic, but PLUGGING IN a mic or headphones is the issue - external plugged in mics are not picked up at all, and plugging in headphones disables the internal speakers, but no sound comes through the headphones.

I found this thread (Determine the HDA Realtek driver needed for your Audio) and was trying to follow the instructions to find the correct driver to use by looking at the 'Driver Details' lists, but I am a bit confused. When I upgraded to Win10, Windows 10 installed generic drivers for the sound card and I had the same issue - sound through speakers and internal mic was fine, but the jacks didn't work.

So, I thought I would go download some specific drivers...the latest drivers listed for audio on Acer's site for this machine are the Win7 64-bit drivers, so I installed those and, as mentioned, sound still worked fine other than the external jacks (I know the external jacks are not broken/damaged, by the way, because they used to work fine under Windows 7). When following along the list of 'special files' the aforementioned thread asks me to look for, I find both 'FMAP064.dll' from the 'FF01' 'Special Files' list...but I also see 'MaxxAudioAPO20.dll' and 'MaxxAudioEQ.dll' from the FF06 'Special Files' list...?

....so which one of those drivers do I get (FF01 or FF06)?

Where it gets even more confusing is that when I try running the Powershell script suggested in that same thread to suggest a driver, it tells me this:

New Windows 10 audio driver update not letting me choose internal mic over headphones mic [​IMG]

...so should I follow the Powershell script's suggestion and look for ANY new driver that has the 'hdxrt.inf' file in it? (Like the one listed here: Determine the HDA Realtek driver needed for your Audio )?

Sorry for the novel, but it's a tad bit confusing as to what driver I should be looking for...

Could anybody link me to a driver that might work?

Thanks so much in advance!

Darkstrike, Jun 3, 2020
  3. vindows Win User
    Front Panel Headphones and Mic not working.

Hey Everyone,

Mobo : ASUS M2N MX SE
    Processor : AMD Athlon X2 5200+

My Rear panel Speakers and mic works all fine. I got a new set of headphones(with mic) when i connect it to the front panel they don't work. NO SOUND OUTPUT.

I updated the audio drivers. I tried a few many things but I still can't get them running.
    My default Sound Manager is Realtek HD Audio Manager.

Please help me get my Front Panel working. A step-by-step guide would be better.
    Thanks.

vindows, Jun 3, 2020
  4. New Windows 10 audio driver update not letting me choose internal mic over headphones mic

headphone mic not working.

Thank you for this reply I finally figured it out , the main problem is when we install the Conexant audio driver it overwrite the previous Realtek audio driver so the headphone mic not work. to fix this you must reinstall the Realtek audio driver download
    from realtek.com it will work with any laptop device and any mic like headphone with inbuilt (eg. Microsoft Lumia 650 headphone).

Please give other this soluction who have problem with headphone and mic and tell then to install Realtak audio driver.

Again thank you for all your replies, I finally figured out the solution.

Hemantgehlot, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

New Windows 10 audio driver update not letting me choose internal mic over headphones mic

1. New Windows 10 audio driver update not letting me choose internal mic over headphones mic - Similar Threads - audio driver update

2. headphone mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    headphone mic: hello guys,I'm having a problem with my headphone microphone. i have window 11pro. The blue line on microphone does not move, i have update the audio driver, made headset and mic default device and even got a new headset. once i get on game to test my microphone with sound...
  3. Headphone with mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone with mic: I am trying to re-use an old headset phone called "Gembird"onto windows 11.But failing.Can you please help.Unsure of Topic so took a guess. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-with-mic/ed3820b0-432b-4aef-be09-78edad48ab41
  4. Headphones/mics

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones/mics: My mic system for my laptop is just not working and I don't know why. my mics used to work for my laptop but one day they stopped and i don't know why. I know its not the headphones because they work fine on my ps4 and Xbox. I also tried another pair but they didn't work...
  5. mic and headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mic and headphones: i dont know why but my headphone and mic jack doesnt work when i plug it in it only has a option of line in , mic in , headphones in and i can only choose one even tho from the pc it shows me both mic and headphones can go in and i use a 3.5 mm jack and it should work with...
  6. realtek audio manager wont let mechoose mic and headphones

realtek audio manager wont let mechoose mic and headphones: i am trying to play games with my friends but when i plug in my headphones the reltek audio manager comes up and say which device did a plug in i click on headphones and i can hear stuff but my mic wont work then i click on mic and my friends can me but i cant hear them plese...
  7. Bluetooth Headphones Mic - no audio output when mic is on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Headphones Mic - no audio output when mic is on: hey there!I'm having a hard time with windows 10 to configure my headphones (sony WH-CH500) which I connected with bluetooth. The mic is working, the output to the headphones is also working but as soon as the mic gets switched on the audio output is gone, so can't hear...
  8. Realtek audio manager only lets me use mic or headphones and not both

in Windows 10 Customization
    Realtek audio manager only lets me use mic or headphones and not both: Hello, I was recently playing a game with my friend and I wanted to talk to him with my mic. I have a turtle beach headset with a built in mic. My pc has 2 headphone ports on the front, one for just headphones, and one for both headphones and a mic. When I plugged my headset...
  9. Realtek audio manager won’t only lets me use mic or headphones and not both

in Windows 10 Customization
    Realtek audio manager won’t only lets me use mic or headphones and not both: Hello, I was recently playing a game with my friend and I wanted to talk to him with my mic. I have a turtle beach headset with a built in mic. My pc has 2 headphone ports on the front, one for just headphones, and one for both headphones and a mic. When I plugged my headset...
  10. Realtek HD Audio Driver and Internal Mic Problem

Realtek HD Audio Driver and Internal Mic Problem: Hi guys, I have some issue with my internal mic. I've updated to the latest Realtek HD Audio Driver from this forum, I then used windows "Voice Recorder" program to record my voice to see if the mic was working, but it did not register a single word i said. I then...