Windows 10: New Windows 10 build - Random crashes/reboots

Discus and support New Windows 10 build - Random crashes/reboots in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I have just built myself a new Z370 system and very happy with the system itself but now I find (without knowing) that the Z370 system is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ymo1965, Dec 18, 2018.

1. ymo1965 Win User

New Windows 10 build - Random crashes/reboots

Hello,

I have just built myself a new Z370 system and very happy with the system itself but now I find (without knowing) that the Z370 system is windows 10 only and this has come as a shock. I am getting random reboots and it is basically driving me crazy. I game in vr (vive) and the pc seems to reboot at the slightest thing. I look at the event log and only just now it rebooted just because windows couldn't add an exception to the firewall rules.

Why can't the system just error and let you know without rebooting all the time. I have a 750 watt psu, so there's no power problems. I haven't been able to enjoy gaming for fear of it rebooting at random times and if it wasnt for the event log, I wouldnt have any info at all. I have turned off the reboot option incase of failures but it seems to still do it for any little reason. Is there anything I can do please without messing with stuff under-the-hood? (i.e settings)

Do other people experience gaming with constant reboots? I really feel trapped here because I have a vive setup with a wireless adapter and windows seems to be the only OS with drivers/software that supports the vive system and wireless adapter. Even Linux seems to be not an option for me with my setup.

I installed Windows 10 with an old installation disc I burned last year and because of reboot problems, I decided to download a newer .iso and reinstall with that. Seem the same is occuring. This is slowly driving me mad and I fear I have a real expensive system that is not going to be usable. I hate the spyware as it is, but how can Microsoft release an such a train-wreck of an os? I'm beginning to hate it more by the minute.

Many thanks in advance,

:)

ymo1965, Dec 18, 2018
  2. diznanl Win User

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR - Random reboots and 0x124 error

Thanks, axe0

How do I explain what steps I took... I ran dm_log_collector.exe but not sure how results were actually acquired/interpreted.

I need to be able to explain steps I took and steps taken to reproduce.

New Windows 10 build - Random crashes/reboots [​IMG]

thanks, in advance!

diznanl, Dec 18, 2018
  3. vinsterX Win User
    Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, Dec 18, 2018
  4. New Windows 10 build - Random crashes/reboots

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

New Windows 10 build - Random crashes/reboots

1. New Windows 10 build - Random crashes/reboots - Similar Threads - build Random crashes

2. New PC randomly and frequently crashes and reboots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New PC randomly and frequently crashes and reboots: I recently built a new PC which has been getting frequent crashes. Can anyone help me solve this issue, included below is a Minidump from the most recent crash, as well some computer part information if that helps. Please let me know if you need any more information and...
  3. Windows 10 Crashing randomly on new AMD build... possible driver issue?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Crashing randomly on new AMD build... possible driver issue?: I have built a new desktop PC recently and randomly the PC is stuttering to a frozen state everything is non-responsive except the mouse moves perfectly around the screen - this typically happens once per day - and sometimes crashing fully and rebooting on its own. I have...
  4. Windows randomly crashes and keeps rebooting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows randomly crashes and keeps rebooting: Yesterday I was playing a game, which suddenly crashed. After restarting the request, it crashed again. At first I thought it was the game itself having bugs, but when I was using my webbrowser, I noticed that the mouse and keyboard barely repsonded. That's the point I...
  5. Random windows freeze/crash/reboot

Random windows freeze/crash/reboot: For the past few days my PC has been freezing/crashing and then rebooting. I have not changed anything, I just moved and was not having this issue until I started using my pc in the new location! .DMP file below. https://gofile.io/d/abc123...
  6. Windows keeps crashing and rebooting randomly

Windows keeps crashing and rebooting randomly: My computer has been restarting randomly. Not sure if its my PSU or GPU failing and I dont really know how to read the event logs in depth. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AizfND8h1Mggk346qZFlR1oUAKH_?e=hC8U3K...
  7. New pc build random crashes

New pc build random crashes: Hey there, hoping to get some quick help with a new pc build for my son. For some reason it has random crashes/hangs and reboots from blue screen to bios. Which then cannot see the nvme drive until I physically hold case power button to shut down, then let it sit for a couple...
  8. New pc build random crashes

in Windows 10 Support
    New pc build random crashes: Hey there, hoping to get some quick help with a new pc build for my son. For some reason it has random crashes/hangs and reboots from blue screen to bios. Which then cannot see the nvme drive until I physically hold case power button to shut down, then let it sit for a couple...
  9. random crash on brand new build

random crash on brand new build: just as the title says this is a brand new build specs are as follows motherboard asus x99 deluxe ii cpu intel core i7 6800k cpu cooler hyper 212 gpu asus strix gtx 1070 8gb crucial ballistix 32gb ddr4 2400 1tb ssd (os) brought over from old system 1tb wd red...
  10. New Skylake Build Randomly Freezing/Crashing

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New Skylake Build Randomly Freezing/Crashing: Hi, I just created my first build and am having some major issues. I have tried everything I can think of and am at my wit's end. :??: I am having trouble with my computer randomly freezing or going to a black screen with my monitor saying there is no connection. The...