Windows 10: New windows 10 desktop extremely slow, experienced lots of freezing and crashing

Discus and support New windows 10 desktop extremely slow, experienced lots of freezing and crashing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently built a new pc, and after a few days I noticed that the pc is getting extremely slow and app will often freeze or crash. There are no new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MiloK2, Jan 16, 2021.

1. MiloK2 Win User

New windows 10 desktop extremely slow, experienced lots of freezing and crashing

I recently built a new pc, and after a few days I noticed that the pc is getting extremely slow and app will often freeze or crash. There are no new drivers or windows updates. I tried changing settings on BitDefender to help improve performance, but after an hour or two I had the same issues as before. Is there any way to fix this?

Desktop:

i7-10700k

16gb 3600mhz ram

Nvidia GTX 1060 6Gb

Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB

:)

MiloK2, Jan 16, 2021

2. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jan 16, 2021
  3. Windows 10 constantly crashing and running extremely slow

As the title says, ive had trouble with Windows 10 recently. When i turned on my pc today, i noticed that Windows was extremely slow, and it kept freezing. It then froze completely, so had to force the shut down by pressing and holdong the off button.
    After that, i turned my pc back on and it took around 5-10 minutes to take me to the login screen. Once i log i notice that Windows was still running very slow and kept freezing. I then restarted, had to wait another 10 minutes, and after logging back in,
    i get this black screen, with my loading pointer only. I had to wait around 15 minutes to finally be able to access my desktop. Then, after so many restarts, Windows is still running extremely slow and constantly freezing. I have paid anti malware software,
    so i doubt that i may have a virus. What should i do?

Anthony Loor, Jan 16, 2021
  4. peach1971 Win User

New windows 10 desktop extremely slow, experienced lots of freezing and crashing

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

1. New windows 10 desktop extremely slow, experienced lots of freezing and crashing - Similar Threads - desktop extremely slow

2. New Lenovo laptop extremely slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New Lenovo laptop extremely slow: Hello! I recently bought a new Lenovo Ideapad 3, and immediately noticed how slow it is, even compared to my 5 year old previous laptop. It seems that even if its idle, the memory and the disk is always has a very high usage in Task Manager memory around 40-60%, disk 100%....
  3. Windows 10 is extremely slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 is extremely slow: I have no idea why this is. I was running Windows 10 perfectly on my Dell Latitude E7440 but now everything just runs so slowly. I tried resetting my laptop twice but the same errors still persist?? I also attempted to modify the minimum and maximum amounts of ram Windows...
  4. What was causing my PC to run extremely slow and freeze lots?

What was causing my PC to run extremely slow and freeze lots?: So I had my PC running all day and I left for about an hour and when I came back my PC suddenly started being extremely slow and freezing constantly and the mouse was lagging and everything. Any program or window I opened would freeze everything and make everything extremely...
  5. New 1909 update freezes/crashes a lot of games on startup

New 1909 update freezes/crashes a lot of games on startup: So I updated to Windows 10 1909 from 1903, and now a lot of games just freeze and will not respond anymore. The only way to close them is through task manager. Some examples of these games are: Hunt Showdown, Rocket League, Warhammer Vermintide 2, Dishonored 2, Shadow of...
  6. New Windows 10 laptop, extremely slow internet??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Windows 10 laptop, extremely slow internet??: A couple weeks ago I bought a new laptop, the MSI PS63 Modern to replace an old HP laptop half the price of that. Both laptops are Windows 10, but for some odd reason the new one's internet is extremely slow? It has nothing to do with the internet connection itself because...
  7. Experiencing random crash when idle New Dell Desktop

Experiencing random crash when idle New Dell Desktop: I have a new Dell Optiplex 7060 desktop with 512GB SSD and 16GB RAM. It is randomly crashing several times a day with a generic 0x124 error code in the Memory Dump. The process name associated with the error is system. I have uninstalled three large applications (Adobe...
  8. Windows 10 constantly crashing and running extremely slow

Windows 10 constantly crashing and running extremely slow: As the title says, ive had trouble with Windows 10 recently. When i turned on my pc today, i noticed that Windows was extremely slow, and it kept freezing. It then froze completely, so had to force the shut down by pressing and holdong the off button. After that, i turned my...
  9. Brand new windows 10 laptop is extremely slow

Brand new windows 10 laptop is extremely slow: My brand new laptop came with windows 10 installed. It literally takes 20-30 minutes to boot up or login, completely unacceptable. Any ideas what may be causing this problem?...
  10. Windows 10 extremely slow

Windows 10 extremely slow: Hello, I have problem with my computer speed. It gets so bad that it take me 2min to press start-power-shut down when turning off computer shut be 3s thing. Laptop has intel core i5-4210U, 500GB (only 138 is actually used), 4GB of RAM. Windows 10 Pro is installed and without...