Windows 10: New Windows 10 Desktop PC

Discus and support New Windows 10 Desktop PC in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; First I am 76 yrs old so please bear with me. When Windows 10 first came out and we could install it free, I did. As much as I tried I did NOT like it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by huffman, Oct 4, 2018.

1. huffman Win User

New Windows 10 Desktop PC

First I am 76 yrs old so please bear with me. When Windows 10 first came out and we could install it free, I did. As much as I tried I did NOT like it.

Now I have a great opportunity to get a desktop PC with 16 gb memory and two hard drives (200gb sata drive and a regular 1 TB harddrive. I am not sure which version Windows 10 it has.

I will hard wire it into my internet system and should make it very easy to deal with internet.

I want to get off on the right foot and NOT be too biased against Windows 10.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to ease into using Win 10 without too much frustration?

:)

huffman, Oct 4, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 4, 2018
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Oct 4, 2018
  4. r.h.p Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

1. New Windows 10 Desktop PC - Similar Threads - Desktop

2. Brightness Control in Version 1809 Desktop?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Brightness Control in Version 1809 Desktop?: Hello: I gather there isnt a brightness slider in the action center in Version 1809--though its been added to 1903. However, Ive seen that one of those rectangular panelsin the Action Center is supposed to offer a way of calibrating brightness in 1809. It's supposed to have...
  3. Windows just deleted the desktop settings and user profile

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows just deleted the desktop settings and user profile: i am unable to access any files beyond a desktop which first showed just the empty recycle icon. It comes up with my user name ... when I type in my PIN it accepts it spins for a minute and screen goes black. Nothing happens ... no desktop display at all now. Even the...
  4. Recent Upgrades - Window Desktop a mess

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent Upgrades - Window Desktop a mess: I was wondering if recent upgrade has messed up the desktop for three users. My lock screen (which is good) image is same for my background but the background has gone very fuzzy, as has the other two users and their image. Also desktop icons have moved themselves around the...
  5. Recent Upgrades - Window Desktop a mess

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Recent Upgrades - Window Desktop a mess: I was wondering if recent upgrade has messed up the desktop for three users. My lock screen (which is good) image is same for my background but the background has gone very fuzzy, as has the other two users and their image. Also desktop icons have moved themselves around the...
  6. desktop is hidden, can't recall it

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop is hidden, can't recall it: Don''t know what I clicked but my normal desktop is not visible. It has been replaced by the icons for my start menu, which no longer appear when I hit the start button. I can switch from that to a view of all my apps, but that is all. The options for switching are shown...
  7. desktop background color

desktop background color: to whom it may concern, how do I change the desktop background color to white with black text, that I can read and see, i'm color blind thank you, for the help..e.h....
  8. Shadow font on desktop icons

Shadow font on desktop icons: I want to remove shadow font on desktop icons in Windows 10. I have tried doing this from Advanced Settings but the shadows persist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shadow-font-on-desktop-icons/912d5448-3aa4-4d59-bb3e-add9f5021727
  9. Desktop shortcuts

Desktop shortcuts: Recently all my desktop shortcuts have an overlay. A white sheet of paper. I have tried the Thumbnail and Cache Rebuilder, but it did nothing. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-shortcuts/e0376408-1405-4ba7-9240-ee9d06766731
  10. restore corrupted file hp desktop pavilion 64bit os 17763.557

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    restore corrupted file hp desktop pavilion 64bit os 17763.557: version 1809 hp pavilion 64bit OS17763.557 error 0x800f081f when running DISM how can I access correct files and remove incorrect files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-corrupted-file-hp-desktop-pavilion-64bit/23777b7b-a41f-4428-9be3-f57307ab8a55