Windows 10: New Windows 10 Desktop PC

Discus and support New Windows 10 Desktop PC in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; First I am 76 yrs old so please bear with me. When Windows 10 first came out and we could install it free, I did. As much as I tried I did NOT like it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by huffman, Oct 4, 2018.

1. huffman Win User

New Windows 10 Desktop PC

First I am 76 yrs old so please bear with me. When Windows 10 first came out and we could install it free, I did. As much as I tried I did NOT like it.

Now I have a great opportunity to get a desktop PC with 16 gb memory and two hard drives (200gb sata drive and a regular 1 TB harddrive. I am not sure which version Windows 10 it has.

I will hard wire it into my internet system and should make it very easy to deal with internet.

I want to get off on the right foot and NOT be too biased against Windows 10.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to ease into using Win 10 without too much frustration?

:)

huffman, Oct 4, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 4, 2018
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Oct 4, 2018
  4. r.h.p Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

1. New Windows 10 Desktop PC - Similar Threads - Desktop

2. Bluetooth is suddenly incompatible on Windows 10 Home Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth is suddenly incompatible on Windows 10 Home Desktop: I've recently restarted my computer after using Bluetooth devices just fine and they've stopped working. I'm told that Bluetooth is off and no matter how hard I try I can't turn it back on. I've used services.msc to start and restart Bluetooth services, I've installed...
  3. No Access to Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Access to Remote Desktop: Does Windows 10 REALLY NOT support Remote Desktop? Only a couple days ago I could have accessed my Remote Desktop; now I can't. Microsoft is saying that Windows 10 does not support Remote Desktop and is suggesting an upgrade that costs over $300.00. REALLY?...
  4. No Access to Remote Desktop

No Access to Remote Desktop: Does Windows 10 REALLY NOT support Remote Desktop? Only a couple days ago I could have accessed my Remote Desktop; now I can't. Microsoft is saying that Windows 10 does not support Remote Desktop is suggesting an upgrade that costs over $300.00. REALLY?...
  5. Create Ethernet adapter shortcut on the desktop.

Create Ethernet adapter shortcut on the desktop.: your article on how to put an ethernet shortcut on the desktop to allow the ability to easily turn the web connection on and off was a beauty. Been trying for days to find out how to do it. ***Title Modified Original: not a question***...
  6. Restore defaults of desktop folder.

Restore defaults of desktop folder.: I merged desktop folder with windows folder, now all the contents of windows folder are visible on my desktop. I want to restore the defaults, please help me to do this ?...
  7. Dual display (extended desktop)

Dual display (extended desktop): difficult to get mouse cursor to go from display 1 to display 2 (set to extended desktop. Cursor stops at right end of display 1 and will only move to display 2 after multiple tries—sometimes taking 2 or 3 minutes....
  8. Start Maintenance From Desktop Shortcut?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Start Maintenance From Desktop Shortcut?: Hello, As it is now, I have this desktop shortcut shown below. [img] . Which opens to the page seen below. However, I still need to click on "Start Maintenance". In order to activate Windows Maintenance. [img] I was wondering, if a shortcut can be created. Which will...
  9. Right lick desktop - Cannot select New Folder option

Right lick desktop - Cannot select New Folder option: When I right click the desktop, the window opens nicely. All of the options within the window are selectable EXCEPT "New". When I click on "NEW", the computer freezes for about 20 seconds and then closes all windows that are open on the desktop. I haven't been able to find...
  10. As of today I cant log in to my w10 desktop pc.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    As of today I cant log in to my w10 desktop pc.: As of today I can't log in to my w10 desktop pc. The login password is not the same as the hotmail account. Message given is "user profile service failed the sign in used profile cannot be loaded". I am using the onscreen keyboard. There is only one user set up for this...