Windows 10: New Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10074 now available

Discus and support New Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10074 now available in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; @ any difference? (ref upgrade today's iso over yesterday's) No Dude, only thing I found, after stressing it as much as I could, the 1 day newer,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 29, 2015.

1. JimWiz1 Win User

New Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10074 now available

(ref upgrade today's iso over yesterday's) No Dude, only thing I found, after stressing it as much as I could, the 1 day newer, bigger one, doesn't keep asking me to verify who I am. People still doesn't work, just like Gabe said, update kept trying to download an older version of my NVIDIA video driver even though I have the newest one...it finally gave up after 2 hours. First time opening every app and program was painfully slow, then they worked after that. Not seeing what they did to make it bigger.

JimWiz1, Apr 29, 2015
  2. BillyBob Win User

I don't know exactly what they've done, but everything just looks nicer, maybe it's the Aero, don't know, but it's starting to look really good. Mail and calendar aren't working for some reason, they've changed the weather app and the Xbox app, probably a heap of other stuff, but I'm liking it.

Spartan seems to be working better for me, I've had a few problems with it before, it's very fast on my 6 year old computer. I was getting Windows 8.1 withdrawal but I'm liking 10 more all the time.

Oh, I just updated, no new ISO, and everything worked smoothly.

BillyBob, Apr 29, 2015
  3. fireberd Win User
    Upgraded over night. Not sure how long it took but I know over 3 hours. I'm posting this using Spartan

fireberd, Apr 29, 2015
  4. jamos316 Win User

why does installing the update take so long. i swear its been like over an hour now.

jamos316, Apr 29, 2015
  5. Davy49 Win User
    Right now I'm running build 10061, instead of downloading the build 10074 ISO file and doing a clean install, isn't ok just to install the latest build (10074) right over build 10061, like I've been doing ? Using this method didn't seem to cause any MAJOR issue's for me.
    David *Huh

Davy49, Apr 29, 2015
  6. Edwin New Member
    I've never had a problem with it. If you do, then go the clean install route.

Edwin, Apr 29, 2015
  7. Gary Win User
    I got it from Windows update, no problems at all. It was the smoothest upgrade so far. Spartan (Edge) still does not work for me though.

8. Davy49 Win User

Edwin,
    Thanks for your quick reply..I'm typing this reply using windows 8.1, I changed back to this o.s. as my default because windows technical preview build 10061 was still somewhat buggy for me. But now with the release of build 10074, I'll install it and give it a 'test drive', who knows..I might actually like it.
    David *Tongue

Davy49, Apr 29, 2015
  9. LittleJay Win User
    I upgraded a copy of my W8.1 install to Build 10074 yesterday and its running very smoothly. All the programs I had installed in W8.1 work just fine in W10.

LittleJay, Apr 29, 2015
  10. Gary Win User
    I just read on the Insiders forum that there is a known issue with Spartan crashing so thankfully it is not only me.

11. ramram55 Win User
    Good for you, the upgrade worked. I have a question what media did you create (dvd or usb drive) to install build on your PC ? what software did you use to create the media ?

ramram55, Apr 29, 2015
  12. GQMax Win User
    I always keep my Windows 8.1 as my current default. When Windows 10 is ready to go then I will change it to that version. I'M on 8.1. It only makes sense.

GQMax, Apr 29, 2015
  13. LittleJay Win User

I downloaded the esd file for Build 10074 and used Kari's tutorial to convert it to an iso file.
    ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File
    I then ran the upgrade directly from the iso file.

Please beware that I first restored an image of my W8.1 Pro installation to another disk and then ran the upgrade over that copy.

LittleJay, Apr 29, 2015
  14. RSC
    rsc Win User
    "
    • You can now launch Win32 (desktop) apps from the Start menu again. Sorry about this bug!"
    WOW!
    But now I can't pin anything to start menu and all my shortcuts are WIPED!
    Thank you M$ :|

New Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10074 now available [​IMG]

15. dmholt57 Win User
    I'm happy I got my icons back from 49...they were still blank untill about the third reboot after install finished. *Smile Still a problem running in full screen...most apps have to be run in a window frame, but xbox is signing in again.

dmholt57, Apr 29, 2015
Thema:

1. New Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10074 now available - Similar Threads - Insider Preview Build

2. New Skype Insider Preview build 8.37.76.26 available

in Windows 10 News
    New Skype Insider Preview build 8.37.76.26 available: Our commitment to enhancing screensharing now includes the ability to share individual application windows in Skype which is available in the latest Insider build. [ATTACH] Try it out and let us know what you think! The Skype Team Source: Skype Insider Preview Share...
  3. New Skype Insider Preview build 8.36.76.26 available

in Windows 10 News
    New Skype Insider Preview build 8.36.76.26 available: Hello, Skype Insiders! We are rolling out a new preview build. Check it out and let us know what you think! Store app version 8.36.76.26 for Windows 10 PC (14.36.26.0), iPhone, iPad, Android 6+, and Android tablets Desktop app version 8.36.76.26 for Windows, Mac, and Linux...
  4. New Skype Insider Preview build 8.35.76.65 available

in Windows 10 News
    New Skype Insider Preview build 8.35.76.65 available: Hello, Skype Insiders! We are rolling out new preview builds of Skype for Android, iPhone, iPad, Web, Mac, Linux, Linux Snap, Windows 10 PC & Android 4+ today! 8.35.76.65 is available for Android, iPhone, iPad, Web, desktop apps for Mac, Linux & Windows 10 Skype Lite...
  5. Windows 10 Build 18272 is now available for Insiders with new features

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 18272 is now available for Insiders with new features: Windows 10 Build 18272 is now rolling out to those subscribed to the Fast and Skip Ahead Rings. Windows 10 Build 18272 comes with several new changes and improvements as the company continues to work on the next major feature update due in the spring of 2019. What’s new in...
  6. Windows 10 Build 18267 is now available with new features for Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 18267 is now available with new features for Insiders: Windows 10 Build 18267 is up for download and it comes with several improvements. The latest preview build 18267 is part of the next major Spring 2019 update and it is rolling out to the Insiders in the Fast and Skip Ahead Rings. What’s new in Windows 10 Build 18267...
  7. Windows 10 Build 18262 now available for Insiders with new features

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 18262 now available for Insiders with new features: Microsoft has been busy fixing issues and bugs reported after the rollout of the Windows 10 October 2018 Update. Today the company is releasing a new Insider preview build 18262 from the 19H1 branch for Insiders enrolled in the Fast and Skip Ahead Ring. What’s New:...
  8. Windows 10 Build 17713 is now available with new features for Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 17713 is now available with new features for Insiders: Microsoft is today rolling out a new Windows 10 preview build for the Windows Insiders in Fast Ring. Windows 10 Build 17713 comes with significant changes for Edge browser and Notepad. Microsoft Edge Improvements Microsoft Edge features a new media autoplay controls. You...
  9. New Windows 10 Technical Preview build now available for phones

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows 10 Technical Preview build now available for phones: UPDATE: We have fixed the server errors and you should be get updated. If you don’t see an update, keep trying. UPDATE: We discovered this morning that there was an error in the database for provisioning record data, which is required for new phones to join the Fast Ring...
  10. Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10080 for phone now available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10080 for phone now available: Hi everyone, We’re releasing Build 10080 of the Windows 10 Technical Preview for phones to the Fast ring today (will show as 10.0.12562.84 in Settings > System > About). We’re excited to get this build out because it brings many improvements but also because it adds...