Windows 10: New windows 10 install and wrong extension file

Discus and support New windows 10 install and wrong extension file in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hoping to get some help with a program i just installed. you can see the database is a blue folder but it should be a .RTB extension. On my windows 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Driver170, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Driver170 Win User

New windows 10 install and wrong extension file

Hoping to get some help with a program i just installed.

you can see the database is a blue folder but it should be a .RTB extension. On my windows 7 its showing the correct file.

:)

Driver170, Apr 19, 2019
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Apr 19, 2019
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Apr 19, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

1. New windows 10 install and wrong extension file - Similar Threads - install wrong extension

2. Edge is not installing any new extension

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge is not installing any new extension: I'm facing persistent issues with Microsoft Edge. Despite reinstalling, extensions won't download, and profile syncing is stuck completely. Any guidance or solutions would be greatly appreciated....
  3. Edge is not installing any new extension

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge is not installing any new extension: I'm facing persistent issues with Microsoft Edge. Despite reinstalling, extensions won't download, and profile syncing is stuck completely. Any guidance or solutions would be greatly appreciated....
  4. Files Downloading with the Wrong Extension

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files Downloading with the Wrong Extension: Whenever I download .zip files, they get saved as .bbz that is the extension that goes with the BrailleBlaster program I use for Braille transcription. It's not a huge issue because I can just change the extension in the downloads folder, and it works fine, but it's annoying...
  5. Files Downloading with the Wrong Extension

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files Downloading with the Wrong Extension: Whenever I download .zip files, they get saved as .bbz that is the extension that goes with the BrailleBlaster program I use for Braille transcription. It's not a huge issue because I can just change the extension in the downloads folder, and it works fine, but it's annoying...
  6. Files Downloading with the Wrong Extension

7. .msi extension file not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .msi extension file not installing: .msi extension file is not installing. It stuck on installation window. I have tried other .msi file but still failed. I have attached a screenshot hope it will help....
  8. .msi extension file not installing

.msi extension file not installing: .msi extension file is not installing. It stuck on installation window. I have tried other .msi file but still failed. I have attached a screenshot hope it will help....
  9. This file that installs an extension keeps reinstalling itself and the extension

This file that installs an extension keeps reinstalling itself and the extension: the file is at C:\ProgramData\Oexsnj\Ligfxc\DAE36356 and that is from where it download this extension called "uPrivateFast" and there was a manifest.Json file and this other ryiz file so I scanned it with Malwarebytes two times and nothing showed up so I tried deleting it...
  10. Wrong alphabetical sort in Windows Explorer when "show file extensions" is ON

Wrong alphabetical sort in Windows Explorer when "show file extensions" is ON: Movie titles is a great example, if you got 3 files, Lord of the Ring Lord of the Ring 2 Lord of the Ring 3 and turn ON "show file extensions", then it sorts like this: Lord of the Ring 2.mp4 Lord of the Ring 3.mp4 Lord of the Ring.mp4 This happens because Windows...