Windows 10: New windows 10 install can't connect to internet.

Discus and support New windows 10 install can't connect to internet. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently built a new computer with a new install of Windows 10 Pro and cannot connect to the internet. Troubleshooting gives the standard "Ethernet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HP_Strangelove, Jan 1, 2020.

1. New windows 10 install can't connect to internet.

Recently built a new computer with a new install of Windows 10 Pro and cannot connect to the internet. Troubleshooting gives the standard "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration" .

I've been searching around and have tried just about every solution and nothing is working.

- Turned off fast boot

- Checked network adapter settings - IPV4 set to obtain IP / DNS automatically

- Disabled Ipv6

- Uninstalled network adapters and installed latest ones. Disabled and reenabled the device and this did nothing.

- DHCP service was enabled / automatic. Attempting to restart the services shows an error stating access denied. I've tried doing the registry edit to add permissions and it still has access denied.

- Tried just about every command prompt as admin.

"ipconfig /release" gives the message -" An error occurred while releasing Interface Ethernet : An address has not yet been associated with the network endpoint."

"ipconfig /renew" gives the message "Unable to contact your DHCP server. Request has timed out."

I'm at a loss on how to fix this. I can connect to the internet just fine on this computer (the old one) using the same router and ethernet cable so the router and cable are fine. A laptop I just picked up awhile back with windows 10 also has the exact same issue.

Anyone have a solution for this?

submitted by /u/HP_Strangelove
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HP_Strangelove, Jan 1, 2020
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jan 1, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 1, 2020
  4. r.h.p Win User

New windows 10 install can't connect to internet.

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

New windows 10 install can't connect to internet.

1. New windows 10 install can't connect to internet. - Similar Threads - install can't connect

2. Can't install windows 11 without internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install windows 11 without internet connection: I've made installation media on USB flash. Installed windows 11 and here goes "welcome screen" let's setup your computer...Oh no, you can't continue without Internet connection, use other device to get help. Funny part that computer has wifi6 adapter connected and drivers are...
  3. Can't connect to the internet Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to the internet Windows 10.: I can't connect to the internet with WiFi or with the ethernet on my Dell computer. I can connect to the internet with my other computers and other devices. So, the modem and router is working as it should. I have tried all of the suggestions that are on the Microsoft support...
  4. Can't connect to the internet Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to the internet Windows 10.: I can't connect to the internet with WiFi or with the ethernet on my Dell computer. I can connect to the internet with my other computers and other devices. So, the modem and router is working as it should. I have tried all of the suggestions that are on the Microsoft support...
  5. Can't connect to the internet Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. can't connect to internet after installing windows 10 on mac.

can't connect to internet after installing windows 10 on mac.: I recently installed windows on my mac using bootcamp and it began by the windows setup. It asked: please connect to the internet or something, but it shows no networks. So I clicked on "don't have internet" and it continues with the installation. after it was finished I...
  7. After new install of Windows 10 on a new drive, unable to connect to the internet.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After new install of Windows 10 on a new drive, unable to connect to the internet.: This is a fresh install on a new drive. During and after completing the install I am unable to connect to the internet through my ethernet or WiFi No Internet Connection.There is no problem with my internet service. Is this a driver issue? If so how do get the correct...
  8. Can't connect to the internet after building a new pc Windows 10

Can't connect to the internet after building a new pc Windows 10: When building my PC I decided to put in an M.2 Wifi card that I knew worked. On my computer I don't get an option for wifi anywhere. I tried Windows Troublshoot and that didn't do much and then I tried downloading new drivers. I'm confident that I downloaded the drivers...
  9. Installed windows vista can't connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installed windows vista can't connect to the internet: Okay so I had a HDD crash. I have no windows 10 recovery disk or usb or anything. I did have an old vista disk so I got a new HDD installed and installed vista on it. Well it's not recognizing any network drivers and my other laptop just entirely died. So my question is how...
  10. Windows 10 can't connect to internet

Windows 10 can't connect to internet: Hello. My laptop suddenly cannot connect to my wifi. The wifi password or configuration have never ever been changed. All my other devices can use the same wifi except this windows 10 laptop. The laptop has no problem scanning and showing the wifi's nearby. But after the...