Windows 10: New Windows 10 install - Chrome cannot connect to Internet however Edge and Firefox work fine

Discus and support New Windows 10 install - Chrome cannot connect to Internet however Edge and Firefox work fine in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to use chrome on a new windows 10 install. It sometimes works on 1 wesbite and then I get "site can't be reached" error. It seems to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AfshinMoshrefi, Apr 14, 2019.

1. New Windows 10 install - Chrome cannot connect to Internet however Edge and Firefox work fine

I am trying to use chrome on a new windows 10 install. It sometimes works on 1 wesbite and then I get "site can't be reached" error. It seems to be stuck on "trying to establish a secure connection".

I have also installed Opera and Firefox.

Edge and Firefox work just fine, while Chrome and Opera both fail.

I have tried to reset chrome to default settings multiple times. After reset, it seems to work slowly with 1 or maybe 2 websites, then fails with the same issue "Site can't be reached".

How can I fix this issue?

:)

AfshinMoshrefi, Apr 14, 2019

2. Edge doesn't connect to the Web; other browsers work fine.

After the Oct. 2, 2018 Windows 10 feature update, Edge does not connect to the Web. It does connect to the router, so this looks like a connection problem.

Firefox and Chrome both work fine. Indeed, I'm writing this in Firefox. Edge works fine on another Win10 machine on the same network.

Tried the following with no success:

• Turned off the Windows firewall;
    • Removed and reinstalled Edge;
    • Replaced the router;
    • Ran DISM;
    • Ran SFC

I'm out of ideas.

Cosmo4209586, Apr 14, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Upgraded to Windows 10. Edge doesn't connect to internet, but Chrome Firefox do

Hi TracerX,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to refer to the following suggestion provided by SpiritX MS MVP replied on October 14, 2015.

Edge not connecting to internet. Chrome and other programs work fine.

Edge not connecting to internet. Chrome and other programs work fine.

Hope it helps. For any further Windows related assistance, feel free to contact us and we will be glad to help.

Arul_D, Apr 14, 2019
  4. New Windows 10 install - Chrome cannot connect to Internet however Edge and Firefox work fine

Google chrome, Internet Explorer and firefox wont connect to the internet

I upgraded my windows 8.1 laptop to 10 and before I did Google Chrome IE and Firefox were all connecting to the internet fine but when I upgraded to windows 10 the only browser that connects to the internet is Microsoft edge please help

Alex12345678910.M, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

New Windows 10 install - Chrome cannot connect to Internet however Edge and Firefox work fine

1. New Windows 10 install - Chrome cannot connect to Internet however Edge and Firefox work fine - Similar Threads - install Chrome cannot

2. FTP not working in Chrome, Firefox or Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    FTP not working in Chrome, Firefox or Edge browser: [ATTACH]If FTP is not working in your Chrome, Firefox or Edge browser on Windows PC, and you are looking for resolution, then you have come to the right place. We decided to write this post since we received emails asking us why FTP was not working in their browser. You...
  3. Sound works in Firefox but not Chrome, Brave, Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound works in Firefox but not Chrome, Brave, Edge: I am running Update 20H2 19042.867. After the update I think the sound stop working. I don't know why it works in Firefox. I even went to sound settings and those other 3 browers don't even pop up. Tried restarting computer. Anyone have any suggestions? submitted by...
  4. Firefox and Chrome not working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Firefox and Chrome not working on Windows 10: Hello, i just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. I started it off with installing Firefox but when I try to launch it nothing happens. I looked at Task Manager and when I launch Firefox, 2 or 3 Firefox processes appear but they dissappear after 1 second. The same thing...
  5. Windows 10 is not connecting the internet where chrome is working fine on the same PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 is not connecting the internet where chrome is working fine on the same PC: Hi - since defragmenting my system disk, Windows 10 is not connecting the internet although Chrome is working fine on the same machine. Since a week my windows 10 is not connecting through net therefore I am totally unable for any updates of windows apps. Chrome is working...
  6. Internet works just fine however Windows cannot connect to Microsoft services.

Internet works just fine however Windows cannot connect to Microsoft services.: Hello there, For some reason Microsoft services can no longer connect to the internet--including but not limited to; Onenote, Update, Store, Edge Developer ect. I reset my firewall to default settings with no success. What is going on? Thank you [ATTACH]...
  7. Google Chrome is not working and Firefox is very slow, yet somehow Edge works prefectly fine.

Google Chrome is not working and Firefox is very slow, yet somehow Edge works prefectly fine.: I just "upgraded" to Windows 10. I am having nothing but problems trying to use Google Chrome and Firefox. I do not like the Edge browser at all. I've been using Chrome for a very long time. Chrome will no longer display web pages. So I figured I would try Firefox, it...
  8. Edge has no Internet connection. But Chrome works fine.

Edge has no Internet connection. But Chrome works fine.: Hi guys! Thank you for reading my problem! I got my laptop last year with Windows 10 preinstalled. For some reason, Edge doesn't have Internet connection. Every time I open it, it will say show the following:  Hmmm...can’t reach this page Try this Make sure you’ve...
  9. No sound with Chrome. firefox fine.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound with Chrome. firefox fine.: Suddenly I have no sound when using Chrome. Okay w Firefox. Windows Control Panel indicates I can adjust apps individually but I can't find where to do that. Anyone help me? Thanks...
  10. Links work in Edge, but not in Chrome or Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Links work in Edge, but not in Chrome or Firefox: I sometimes get this sort of error in firefox and chrome Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at www.goodsync.com. The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments ... blah blah blah blah blah But when I open the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome cannot connect to internet windows 10

2. edge connect to the internet and chrome dooesnt