Windows 10: New Windows 10 Install, Now Can't Connect to Wireless Display

Discus and support New Windows 10 Install, Now Can't Connect to Wireless Display in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; First time poster here. . . I have an Asus ZenBook UX305FA laptop that I recently upgraded to Windows 10. Prior to the upgrade, I was able to share my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TimeBandit, Apr 20, 2020.

1. New Windows 10 Install, Now Can't Connect to Wireless Display

First time poster here. . . I have an Asus ZenBook UX305FA laptop that I recently upgraded to Windows 10. Prior to the upgrade, I was able to share my laptop display wirelessly with my Sony TV and Blu-Ray player, using the player's Screen Mirroring function. Since the upgrade, I can still connect the laptop and Blu-Ray player, however, the laptop display is not actually shown on the TV. In other words, both laptop and Blu-Ray player say they are connected, but nothing appears. I called Asus tech support, and they sent me the newest WiFi driver to install, but that didn't make any difference. Suggestions?

:)

TimeBandit, Apr 20, 2020

2. connect windows 10 desktop to new roku tv as a wireless display.

Hi Alex,

Miracast is a wireless technology that you can use to project your computer screen to TV's, projectors, and streaming media players. If you're having issues with connecting your computer to a new TV, you may try these troubleshooting steps:

Method 1:
    Install the latest drivers
    for your computer and the latest firmware for your wireless display or Miracast adapter. To update firmware on your wireless display or adapter, go to the Support section of the manufacturer's website, search on your specific
    device, and follow their instructions to download and install that firmware.

Method 2: Try removing and adding the wireless display or adapter. Here's how:

• Go to Settings > Devices.
    • Choose Connected Devices.
    • Click the wireless display, and then click Remove Device >
      Yes
    • Go to Devices > Project, and then click
      Add a wireless display
    • Choose the wireless display in the list of devices found, and follow the instructions.

Feel free to post back should you need further assistance.

Rachelle Gra, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    Windows Wireless Display Adapter-not connecting anymore

Hello Phillip,

Did you notice any changes on your PC prior to the issue? I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in this support article:
    Troubleshooting Wireless Display Adapters.

Since updating drivers did not work, in addition, you can try to reset the Wireless Adapter.

1. On the adapter, press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds.
    2. When the message " Ready to connect "shows, open the
      Action Center.
    3. Select Connect, and in the list of displays, select
      Microsoft
      Wireless Display Adapter.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Carlo Fer, Apr 20, 2020
  4. New Windows 10 Install, Now Can't Connect to Wireless Display

wireless display adapter model 1628

Hi Rudy,

Connecting to a wireless display requires a device that supports Miracast. For us to identify the cause of this issue, please answer the below questions:

In the meantime, we suggest performing the given steps on this article:
    Fix connections to wireless displays or docks

We look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

New Windows 10 Install, Now Can't Connect to Wireless Display

1. New Windows 10 Install, Now Can't Connect to Wireless Display - Similar Threads - Install Can't Connect

2. Can't connect to wireless display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to wireless display: Whenever I try to use a wireless display, I get an error message saying, "Couldn't connect". I've tried several different TV's, all the same. I have other Windows 11 machines that can display just fine to those TVs. I do see an attempt being made on my TV, as I'd expect. I...
  3. Can't connect to wireless display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to wireless display: Whenever I try to use a wireless display, I get an error message saying, "Couldn't connect". I've tried several different TV's, all the same. I have other Windows 11 machines that can display just fine to those TVs. I do see an attempt being made on my TV, as I'd expect. I...
  4. Can't connect to wireless display anymore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to wireless display anymore.: I have a Yoga 7i Lenovo with Windows 11, and I've been able to cast to my television just fine until about a week ago. It's a TCL Roku TV. I haven't changed any settings and I've restarted both devices several times, but I still says, "Couldn't Connect." My iPhone still...
  5. Can't connect to wireless display anymore.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to wireless display anymore.: I have a Yoga 7i Lenovo with Windows 11, and I've been able to cast to my television just fine until about a week ago. It's a TCL Roku TV. I haven't changed any settings and I've restarted both devices several times, but I still says, "Couldn't Connect." My iPhone still...
  6. Can't Install Wireless Display

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Install Wireless Display: Why can't I install wireless display? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-wireless-display/73d9da20-5cce-4a1b-a8ee-eced542f5cc1
  7. New Windows 10 Install, Now Can't Connect to Wireless Display

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Windows 10 Install, Now Can't Connect to Wireless Display: First time poster here. . . I have an Asus ZenBook UX305FA laptop that I recently upgraded to Windows 10. Prior to the upgrade, I was able to share my laptop display wirelessly with my Sony TV and Blu-Ray player, using the player's Screen Mirroring function. Since the...
  8. Can't connect to wireless display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't connect to wireless display: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/rzfzr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/duy3dk/cant_connect_to_wireless_display/
  9. Can't connect TV to wireless display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't connect TV to wireless display: I can't connect my Windows 10 desktop to my Samsung 7 Series TV as a wireless display. I have no problem connecting the TV to my Windows 10 laptop, but when I try to do connect my desktop it either fails to connect or it connects but the picture is all messed up. 134679
  10. Can't connect to wireless display

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect to wireless display: I have a Panasonic TV that has support for screen mirroring (Miracast). I checked through dxdiag, command prompt and Connect Store app, and all of them confirm that my laptop is compatible with this feature. However, I cannot connect to my TV wirelessly, Windows can find the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. New Windows 10 Install Now Cant Connect to Wireless Display