Windows 10: New Windows 10 install with old GPU

Discus and support New Windows 10 install with old GPU in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm building a new system with Windows 10 64 bit--I don't have integrated graphics, so I'm looking at using an older video card, but I'm hearing that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Anthony33333, Jan 5, 2019.

1. New Windows 10 install with old GPU

I'm building a new system with Windows 10 64 bit--I don't have integrated graphics, so I'm looking at using an older video card, but I'm hearing that Windows 10 updates are rendering many older cards obsolete. I'm not looking to game with this system; it is used for photo editing though.

The best performing card I have on hand is a Nvidia Geforce 470--will this card cause problems with Windows 10? I also have an AMD HD 6850 and an AMD HD 7450 (slower cards, especially the 7450)--could use one of these if there's a better chance of it working (for at least the next year, hopefully longer).

:)

Anthony33333, Jan 5, 2019
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jan 5, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 5, 2019
  4. r.h.p Win User

New Windows 10 install with old GPU

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

New Windows 10 install with old GPU

1. New Windows 10 install with old GPU - Similar Threads - install old GPU

2. PC freezes after installation of new GPU and now with old GPU too

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes after installation of new GPU and now with old GPU too: Hi yesterday I bought the rtx 4060 ti after I installed it for about 3 hours everything went fine. I tested some games to look how much the performance improved. My specs:32gb rami7 14700K Rtx 4060 ti 8gbMainboard: Asus Prime Z790-P 14th gen ready650W PSUBut now my whole pc...
  3. PC freezes after installation of new GPU and now with old GPU too

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezes after installation of new GPU and now with old GPU too: Hi yesterday I bought the rtx 4060 ti after I installed it for about 3 hours everything went fine. I tested some games to look how much the performance improved. My specs:32gb rami7 14700K Rtx 4060 ti 8gbMainboard: Asus Prime Z790-P 14th gen ready650W PSUBut now my whole pc...
  4. PC freezes after installation of new GPU and now with old GPU too

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. New Windows 10 Installation on new SSD made old Windows 10 on Old SSD Unbootable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Windows 10 Installation on new SSD made old Windows 10 on Old SSD Unbootable: I installed a new Windows 10 OS on a new SSD without any issues. After I finished checking the new Windows 10 installation I noticed that the boot screen now shows 2 Windows 10 to boot into. The one that goes to the new Windows 10 OS started with no problem, but the one that...
  6. New Windows 10 Installation on new SSD made old Windows 10 on Old SSD Unbootable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Windows 10 Installation on new SSD made old Windows 10 on Old SSD Unbootable: I installed a new Windows 10 OS on a new SSD without any issues. After I finished checking the new Windows 10 installation I noticed that the boot screen now shows 2 Windows 10 to boot into. The one that goes to the new Windows 10 OS started with no problem, but the one that...
  7. New Windows 10 Install, Old OneDrive Installation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Windows 10 Install, Old OneDrive Installation: I have a C: as my OS/System drive while my OneDrive Folder/Files are on my E: Drive. I am replacing my C: drive with a larger drive and after re-installing Win10 and installing Onedrive I cannot access my old OneDrive folder on E: I get an error similar to "System cannot...
  8. Installing new GPU.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Installing new GPU.: Hey gang. Got really lucky today and snagged a MSI ventus 3x oc RTX 3080. I currently have a Gigabyte. GTX 1080. Besides uninstalling the Gigabyte program. Do I need to uninstall the current Nvidia driver's or can I just pop the card in and use it? 169346
  9. windows 10 and new install, old programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 and new install, old programs: Considering: 1 a clean, new install always works great; 2 that does not take too much time; 3 but it requires all programs to install again; 4 and that can take a lot of time: - finding the installation files; - finfing the keys needed for installation; - having not...
  10. Windows 10 trying to install updates for old gpu drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 trying to install updates for old gpu drivers: Hi I recently upgraded from a AMD gpu to a Nvidia gpu. I used the AMD clean up utility tool to remove all AMD software before I installed my Nvidia drivers. The new gpu is working fine. However, Windows keeps trying to install old AMD drivers through the Windows Update...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. installing old gpu windows 10