Windows 10: New Windows 10 Installation - Don't know safe mode password

Discus and support New Windows 10 Installation - Don't know safe mode password in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I upgraded my SSD and did a fresh install of Windows 10. During installation, I logged in with my Microsoft account. Also, it asked me to set up a PIN,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mister-priv, Jan 1, 2021.

1. New Windows 10 Installation - Don't know safe mode password

I upgraded my SSD and did a fresh install of Windows 10. During installation, I logged in with my Microsoft account. Also, it asked me to set up a PIN, but not a password. I attempted to go into safe mode and the only login option is with a password. My Microsoft account password is not working to log into safe mode.

Any idea what Windows would have set my local password to? It doesn't seem to be any of my previous passwords (but I change passwords regularly and use secure passwords so I'm not sure).

submitted by /u/mister-priv
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mister-priv, Jan 1, 2021

2. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jan 1, 2021
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 1, 2021
  4. New Windows 10 Installation - Don't know safe mode password

Password not working in safe mode, windows 10

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• What happens exactly when you enter the password?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • How have you booted your computer into safe mode?
    • Are you using local or Microsoft account to login?

I suggest you to force restart your computer and check whether you can get back your computer to normal mode.

You may follow the steps from the below article to place the computer in safe mode and check if it helps.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

New Windows 10 Installation - Don't know safe mode password

1. New Windows 10 Installation - Don't know safe mode password - Similar Threads - Installation Don't safe

2. Windows 10 Safe Mode password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Safe Mode password: It has been so long since I installed Windows for the first time maybe NT? that I have forgotten what I set my Safe Mode password to. On occasion I have an issue where the suggestions are to first reboot into Safe Mode. But, when I try that, it will not accept any password I...
  3. Windows 10 Safe Mode password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Safe Mode password: It has been so long since I installed Windows for the first time maybe NT? that I have forgotten what I set my Safe Mode password to. On occasion I have an issue where the suggestions are to first reboot into Safe Mode. But, when I try that, it will not accept any password I...
  4. Windows 10 Safe Mode password

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. New password not working in safe mode.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    New password not working in safe mode.: Hi there! my new password for my microsoft account doesnt work for safe mode in windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-password-not-working-in-safe-mode/ebd9150d-fb71-457c-acb6-0f23004487b1
  6. Dont know password in safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Dont know password in safe mode: So recently I noticed a program was crashing alot and I thought it was because I had too many apps open when I start my computer so I wanted to start it in safe mode: minimal. When it had restarted I tried to login but noticed it would only accept my Password and not my pin...
  7. Windows 10 PC stuck in safe mode, don't know password, need to access normal mode.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 PC stuck in safe mode, don't know password, need to access normal mode.: I have a PC with Windows 10 which had various processes suspended meaning I couldn’t access the start menu or a number of desktop items. Having restarted the computer in safe mode I find myself at a login screen that previously used facial recognition but now asks for a...
  8. Stuck in safe mode don't know password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in safe mode don't know password: I am stuck in safe mode and I can't remember my password I tried "boot safe mode with networking" and "boot safe mode with command prompt" but they don't work/do anything. I can't even reset my computer because I need a password for that. Also its a laptop that came with...
  9. Stuck in safe mode don't know password

Stuck in safe mode don't know password: I rebooted my laptop into safe mode but the regular password I use to log into my windows account is not working. Now I don't know how to get back into regular boot because it keeps booting in safe mode. I tried to start command prompt but again is asks for password. How...
  10. Windows won't accept my PIN on safe mode but I don't know my Password to log in for Safe mode

Windows won't accept my PIN on safe mode but I don't know my Password to log in for Safe mode: I was trying to log in using the PIN I always use on normal boot, but It doesn't work on safe mode. Now, I've put my windows on safe mode with networking in MSconfig, and now I can't log in on windows. I don't know what Password/PIN I should use, because I've tried using...