Windows 10: New Windows 10 installation to SSD drive

Discus and support New Windows 10 installation to SSD drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello My laptop hard drive failed and as I had to change the hard drive anyway I decided to upgrade to a SSD drive. I also purchased a new Window 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BobMason5, May 23, 2020.

1. BobMason5 Win User

New Windows 10 installation to SSD drive

Hello

My laptop hard drive failed and as I had to change the hard drive anyway I decided to upgrade to a SSD drive. I also purchased a new Window 10 Pro installation disk. I have been trying to install the disk drive and widows on my laptop and I am getting the well known error message the windows can not be installed because “A media driver your computer needs is missing. This could be a DVD, USB or hard disk driver. If you have a CD, DVD or USB with the driver on it, please insert it now." I thick I have tried all of the suggestions I could find and have reformatted the drive on to different formats but nothing seems to work. My laptop is a Sony Vaio i7 processor with 8gb ram and it was running Windows 10 Pro until the drive died. The only difference is the SSD which I have tried in an external drive enclosure on a USB 3 socket on another laptop and the drive seems to be OK. I must admit that I am lost any help would be appreciated

Thanks

:)

BobMason5, May 23, 2020
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, May 23, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 23, 2020
  4. r.h.p Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, May 23, 2020
Thema:

1. New Windows 10 installation to SSD drive - Similar Threads - installation SSD drive

2. Installing Windows 10 on new SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Windows 10 on new SSD: hello, i am adding a new ssd to my commputer. currently windows 10 is running on my hdd. oem license. can the same oem license support both windows on ssd and hdd?i might wipe down the hdd or remove it down the road.. since windows is in hdd first, does it mean the boot...
  3. Switched boot drive to new SSD, new windows install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switched boot drive to new SSD, new windows install: Hi, I inherited a computer from a friend. It had Windows 10 on it but an older HDD and older components, maybe 2010-2012ish. As far as i can tell they work fine. The OS and HDD is just real sluggish. So I got a 1TB SSD and attempted to install it to be the boot drive. I...
  4. Migrating a Windows 10 installation to a new SSD drive

Migrating a Windows 10 installation to a new SSD drive: Before I ask my question, I've read this post so I understand the basic procedure. My exact situation however is that I intend to keep the existing drive with Windows on it installed, but just transfer my Windows installation to a new SSD that I plan on installing. What do...
  5. I'm trying to install Windows 10 on a new SSD drive

I'm trying to install Windows 10 on a new SSD drive: Hi Guys As of yet, I haven't installed the SSD, At the moment I'm using WinPESE x64 on the laptop, I can't use the Windows Creation Tool because I get an error message, I've download a Windows 10 (1903 x64) without the Media Creation Tool, I have a USB stick formatted,...
  6. RE INSTALL WINDOWS 10 INTO A NEW SSD HARD DRIVE

RE INSTALL WINDOWS 10 INTO A NEW SSD HARD DRIVE: I've faced an issue with my old Hard drive as my hp laptop keeps on re-booting after hp logo when starting but my windows is not starting. so I ran System Quick Test and found out that my Hard Drive Short DST Check : Failed so I bought a new SSD and installed it. My...
  7. Install Windows 10 Pro on new SSD hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Install Windows 10 Pro on new SSD hard drive: My church has received a Dell Latitude E5540 as a donation. The hard drive has been wiped and boots up only to bios. I want to replace the hard drive with an SSD and install Windows 10 Pro. How to do I buy Windows 10 Pro and install it?...
  8. Windows 10 OEM fresh install on SSD (new drive)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 OEM fresh install on SSD (new drive): hi, i need help on windows 10 OEM installation. So i bought SSD and want to install it on my laptop. i have the Windows 10 Home single language OEM key installed. the question is how can i install windows on the SSD with oem key? do i need the Windwos 10 Home Single language...
  9. New Windows 10 install on new SSD

New Windows 10 install on new SSD: I am installing Windows 10 on a new SSD and have got to a screen that says "Make it Yours." This screen will not let me do anything. (locked up) I restarted the computer and it just goes back to the same screen with the same problem. NEED HELP!!! Thanks...
  10. Windows 10 re-installation sequence for new SSD drive

Windows 10 re-installation sequence for new SSD drive: What is the ideal order of steps (and steps themselves) to install a new 250g SSD drive, and have windows 10 run on it, but leave my current mechanical HD that has windows 10 currently on it in the pc as well for my content, etc? 71880