Windows 10: New Windows 10 Laptop at 100% Disk Usage

Discus and support New Windows 10 Laptop at 100% Disk Usage in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, my Mom purchased a new computer a while back and always complained about it being incredibly slow. I finally took it for her to try and fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TheAlpenglow, Mar 9, 2019.

1. New Windows 10 Laptop at 100% Disk Usage

Hello, my Mom purchased a new computer a while back and always complained about it being incredibly slow.

I finally took it for her to try and fix and noticed that the disk usage is always at 100%.

This does not seem normal, and as a result is slows down the entire system. Even trying to pop open the windows menu takes seconds.

I do not know how to diagnose what is consuming the disk usage, or how to resolve this.

Please help, thank you.

I am on Windows Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.471)

System SKU: Aspire E5-575_115F_1.27

:)

TheAlpenglow, Mar 9, 2019
  2. garybear89, Mar 9, 2019
  3. 100% disk usage

The most common cause of 100% disk usage appears to be Superfetch and Prefetch, but there are also other causes. You can try disabling both these features and see if it helps.

This article provides steps to disable prefecth and superfetch:

-
    How to Fix 100% Disk Usage Error in Windows 10

Salman Patwegar, Mar 9, 2019
  4. New Windows 10 Laptop at 100% Disk Usage

PavolBugos, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

New Windows 10 Laptop at 100% Disk Usage

1. New Windows 10 Laptop at 100% Disk Usage - Similar Threads - Laptop 100% Disk

2. Laptop at 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop at 100% disk usage: I have a dell laptop that is about 5 years old that I have been using off and on for gaming on the go. Recently however the laptop will become slow as a slug and I am seeing 100% disk usage even when the computer sits idol and nothing is running. I am running windows version...
  3. 100% disk usage and laptop heating

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    100% disk usage and laptop heating: Hi Few days before i did a full antivirus scan with my McAfee antivirus software after some time i touched my laptop it was heating ver badly this did not happen before and my disk usage was 100 % Then i reserted my laptop my laptop drive started heating and and i could...
  4. 100% disk usage on a windows 10 hp laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    100% disk usage on a windows 10 hp laptop: Every time I use my laptop it lags and hangs on every program. After checking task manager Noticed it is at %100 disk usage all of the time even when task manager was showing little to no programs using my disk. How can I go about solving this?...
  5. Windows 10 100% Disk usage..

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 100% Disk usage..: Hello all, First of all I apologize for my english I am not good enough. So my problem is that my computer is really slow for no reason. On the Task Manager the disk usage is on 100% and when its on 0% and I open any program it turns one more time to 100... I've already...
  6. New Laptop 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New Laptop 100% disk usage: Good Day, Maybe this has been answered but if someone can redirect me to the solution - I would like to know why my new laptop is always at 100% disk usage. It is possible that its a 3rd party anti virus? I don't want to disable any services as windows 10 is an expensive...
  7. Hard Disk Usage 100% in New Laptops

Hard Disk Usage 100% in New Laptops: I bought some laptops recently with configuration of i5 8th Gen/8GB RAM and AMD Rayden 5 graphic card 2GB. Just after the first boot all showed me 100% disk usage with Windows 10. The methods I tried to resolve issue: 1. Disabled Superfetch 2. Disabled Windows Search 3....
  8. 100% disk usage, windows 10

100% disk usage, windows 10: I have bought a new laptop last week and its disk usage is 100%. I am using Intel 15 8th Gen and 4GB RAM with Windows 10. Any update from Microsoft? What should I do? My new laptop is not working as per expectation....
  9. 100% disk usage on new laptop

100% disk usage on new laptop: Hi, So I bought this laptop the other day strictly for on the road work in excel/word and the like browsing and email. Nothing super intensive. It's not a great a great laptop by any stretch but it will meet my needs an it was cheap, only paid $115 for it brand new....
  10. Windows 10 100% disk usage

Windows 10 100% disk usage: So the laptop updated (1607) and surprise surprise it's been sluggish since. [img] I think I may move over to Linux, this is beyond a joke. 66642