Windows 10: New Windows 10 laptop can see my old Windows 10 PC, but not vice versa

Discus and support New Windows 10 laptop can see my old Windows 10 PC, but not vice versa in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, thanks for your help on this. I just got a new Windows 10 laptop. It can see all of my other computers - a Win10 notebook, two Win7 laptops,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by antispamgirltellem, Sep 22, 2018.

1. New Windows 10 laptop can see my old Windows 10 PC, but not vice versa

Hi all, thanks for your help on this.

I just got a new Windows 10 laptop. It can see all of my other computers - a Win10 notebook, two Win7 laptops, and a Win10 PC. Using the new Win10 laptop, I can open folders on the PC and fiddle with files therein.

I just tested on one of the Win7 laptops, and it can get into folders on the new Win10 laptop with no issues. It can also get into folders on the Win10 PC.

Conversely, my PC can see the Win10 notebook and two Win7 laptops in "Network" with no issues, but cannot see the new Win10 laptop. I've double checked they have the same workgroup name, and even tried changing the name and rebooting the PC, but that didn't help.

Does anyone have advice on this? I'm lost.

Thanks so much for your help!

:)

antispamgirltellem, Sep 22, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 22, 2018
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Sep 22, 2018
  4. r.h.p Win User

New Windows 10 laptop can see my old Windows 10 PC, but not vice versa

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

New Windows 10 laptop can see my old Windows 10 PC, but not vice versa

1. New Windows 10 laptop can see my old Windows 10 PC, but not vice versa - Similar Threads - laptop old vice

2. Convert VMware to VirtualBox and vice-versa

in Windows 10 News
    Convert VMware to VirtualBox and vice-versa: [IMG]A Virtual Machine is one of the cheapest ways to experience and use multiple operating systems on a single computer. Two of the biggest brands in the virtual machine industry are VMWare and VirtualBox. You can easily convert VMware to VirtualBox virtual machine and vice...
  3. One Win10 computer can see other on network, but not vice versa

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Win10 computer can see other on network, but not vice versa: I'm sure it's a common problem, but I can't find the solution. One of my Windows 10 computers Number 1 can see another on my home network Number 2, but Number 2 cannot see Number 1."Private" network.Bitdefender but problem remains even if firewall is off.Network discovery in...
  4. Can I transfer Windows 10 from my old laptop to my new PC?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I transfer Windows 10 from my old laptop to my new PC?: I just built my first PC, but I haven't bought windows. I don't want to spend $100+, so I was wondering if I could transfer my Windows 10 Home digital licence from my old laptop to my new PC. I bought my laptop at Costco....
  5. Numbers instead of letters on HP laptop and Vice Versa.

in Windows 10 Support
    Numbers instead of letters on HP laptop and Vice Versa.: I have had to plug in a keyboard because my windows 10 Laptop keyboard is typing numbers instead of letters and vice versa, I have tried the 'Shift Key and Ctrl' even 'Function and Number lock' its still the same, would a restore work? Thanks in advance. 157730
  6. Maximized window overlapping taskbar (or vice versa)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Maximized window overlapping taskbar (or vice versa): Hi People, Ever since i switched back to windows, this overlap has been bugging me. It's not killing but.it.IS.there! Searched the web like many others but couldn't find a solution, merely, a work-around or temporary solution. Things like autohide taskbar on/off. Place...
  7. I can access my laptop's files from my desktop computer but not vice versa.

I can access my laptop's files from my desktop computer but not vice versa.: Both my laptop and my desktop operate on Windows 10 and I have followed previously successful steps for sharing files between the two computers. Why can I not access my desktop's files from my laptop suddenly, today? Did anybody else have the same problem? Could you please...
  8. Windows 10 cannot see files on Windows 7 but not vice versa. Please see details; this is...

Windows 10 cannot see files on Windows 7 but not vice versa. Please see details; this is...: I have a home network with Windows computers, some running Win 10 Home, some Win 7 Home, one XP, and a Linux running Samba. Everyone can see and change everyone else's files - EXCEPT Win 10 cannot see Win 7. To preempt going down dead-end roads, please note: Everyone...
  9. Headphones recognized as speakers and vice versa...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones recognized as speakers and vice versa...: I've had this problem for a while now. It has corrected itself in the past but the latest update has brought this up again. What would be the most painless way of correcting this issue. Running troubleshooter does nothing. It would mean a lot to get this fixed as painlessly...
  10. Japanese applications on English Windows 10 and vice-versa

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Japanese applications on English Windows 10 and vice-versa: I would like to know if I can install and run Japanese applications on an English-based version of Windows 10. This was not possible on any version up to and including Windows 8. The best one would hope for was to change the default language of menus, etc. For example, in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 pc can see shared files on windows 7 pc but not vice versa