Windows 10: new windows 10 laptop running badly

Discus and support new windows 10 laptop running badly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I bought a new lenovo laptop with windows 10 running in S mode and put some files from my old laptop which runs fine on the new one. Most of the files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AnneEKP, Mar 17, 2020.

1. AnneEKP Win User

new windows 10 laptop running badly

I bought a new lenovo laptop with windows 10 running in S mode and put some files from my old laptop which runs fine on the new one. Most of the files are Word docs, Powerpoint, PNG and JPEG images, and pdfs. I've used the new laptop a couple times since then and it is extremely slow. It can take 30 seconds to fully respond when I click on something. And not infrequently when I try to use the touchpad to select something, it behaves as if I was right clicking instead of left clicking. I have had times where I've spent a couple minutes trying to select the same thing before the computer finally registered it as a left click rather than a right click. Can anyone tell me what's wrong with my laptop and how to fix it?

:)

AnneEKP, Mar 17, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 17, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Worth upgrading to Windows 10 with my laptop?

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, by then all laptops have Windows 10 or other new OS when I buy a new laptop.
    Everything runs fine now and I prefer not to re-install all my games and software.

P4-630, Mar 17, 2020
  4. new windows 10 laptop running badly

Laptop running Windows 10 keeps freezing

Hi,

Since you already tried several troubleshooting steps, such us running a hardware diagnostic test on all hardware components, checked the system files, updated all drivers, and as well the BIOS, then this is perhaps an issue with the laptop itself. Now,
    to isolate what is causing performance issues on your laptop, we suggest that you perform a factory reset, then check if it's the same. To perform the suggest step, please refer to this article:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

If the issue persists after performing the suggested step, contact the laptop manufacturer to have it replaced.

Let us know the outcome.

Marque Lor, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

new windows 10 laptop running badly

1. new windows 10 laptop running badly - Similar Threads - laptop running badly

2. New laptop - msteams.exe bad image errors.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New laptop - msteams.exe bad image errors.: Hi,I bought a new laptop and the first time I powered it on I got the error messages below about 3-4 in total all msteams.exe - bad image. Other than displaying this message the laptop works fine. This happens each time I turn it on. Thank You...
  3. New laptop - msteams.exe bad image errors.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New laptop - msteams.exe bad image errors.: Hi,I bought a new laptop and the first time I powered it on I got the error messages below about 3-4 in total all msteams.exe - bad image. Other than displaying this message the laptop works fine. This happens each time I turn it on. Thank You...
  4. Brand New Windows 10 laptop is running incredibly slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brand New Windows 10 laptop is running incredibly slow: My brand new HP Windows 10 laptop is running incredibly slow. The only programs I've installed are Discord, Steam, Minecraft, Among Us, and Quiplash. I installed the Malware Bytes Free Trial but removed it. I've removed my google extensions. There is nothing in the start up...
  5. New Windows 10 is bad.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Windows 10 is bad.: Just bought a new computer today. Try to set it up buy installing my favorite apps. I can download them to a folder on the desk top but when I try to install them windows 10 hijacks it to the windows store where these apps don't exist. Didn't windows get their cut when I...
  6. Is it bad to leave my laptop running 24/7?

Is it bad to leave my laptop running 24/7?: So, I wanted to host my own Minecraft server but I can't afford a service like Google Cloud, Apex Hosting, Shockbyte, etc. And when I found out about Ngrok, I was like "Sweet, now the only obstacle in my way is that I would need to keep my laptop running 24/7". But.... I'm...
  7. Some issues with a new laptop running Windows 10 (obviously)

Some issues with a new laptop running Windows 10 (obviously): New ASUS laptop keeps freezing on right-clicking the desktop, folders occasionally take forever to load, and icons occasionally don't load at all. For reference, I took my SSD out of my old laptop and have taken the files from there, and put them onto my desktop. submitted...
  8. Is it normal for new laptop to run old window 10

Is it normal for new laptop to run old window 10: Hi, I am newbie here. Just bought Acer swift 3 a few days ago. It is running on window 10 version 1809, I can see that window 10 is recommending downloading 1909. Version 1809 is pretty old, is it normal for a new machine to run on 1809. Because I also did a fresh start, I...
  9. games running bad after new windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    games running bad after new windows update: is anyone else having problems with running forza games after the new update after the new update my fps seems to be stuck at 30 fps anyone know how to fix this or if windows is working on a update...
  10. Bad laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bad laptop: I purchased a HP laptop from Walmart online on 12/21/2018 but I didn't crack it open until a few days ago because my old Sony Vaio is still ticking. When it first started acting up I called HP support and they showed me how to retrieve windows 10 on an USB drive then...