Windows 10: New Windows 10 PC - 32gb RAM BSOD

Discus and support New Windows 10 PC - 32gb RAM BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So my windows 10 pc is only a few days old and when it is under any sort of load (rendering video) it gets a BSOD saying Memory Management. 32gb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dumbieRed, Jun 2, 2016.

1. dumbieRed Win User

New Windows 10 PC - 32gb RAM BSOD

So my windows 10 pc is only a few days old and when it is under any sort of load (rendering video) it gets a BSOD saying Memory Management.

32gb RAM - 4 x 8gb Corsair Vengence LPX DDR4 2133mhz

:)

dumbieRed, Jun 2, 2016

2. I am unable to use all the RAM in my computer.

<Original Title: Ram upgrade.>

I have windows 10 home 64 bit...i upgraded from 16gb of ram to 32gb of ram....when i check to see if my ram is recognized it says i have 32gb installed and 23.2 usable...how do i make all 32gb usable?

DonaldWard78, Jun 2, 2016
  3. Games are so choppy and ridiculously slow after Windows 10 upgrade

A number of people are noting this.

I did a fresh install of windows 10 on a new ssd.

Games that ran smooth as butter on the exact same pc using windows 7 are now very choppy.

I use a titan x and i7 4790k plus 32gb ram so hardly lacking horsepower!

Button2000, Jun 2, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Looks like your Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 driver is the problem.

Code: ffffd000`21df56d8 fffff800`d2b56628Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys nvlddmkm+0x1e6628[/quote] Please use DDU to completely uninstall all things Nvidia then download and install the latest Nvidia driver for your card. The best way to do this is to install Nvidia GeForce Experience and use it to find, download and install the latest driver.

The very latest is the 368.22 driver. Not sure what GFE will show you. May want to try this one first.

Ztruker, Jun 2, 2016
  5. dumbieRed Win User
    Please use DDU to completely uninstall all things Nvidia then download and install the latest Nvidia driver for your card. The best way to do this is to install Nvidia GeForce Experience and use it to find, download and install the latest driver.

The very latest is the 368.22 driver. Not sure what GFE will show you. May want to try this one first.[/quote] Tried this and it has not worked...
    Attachment 83015

dumbieRed, Jun 2, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    You already have the latest driver. Try going to an older driver, see if that helps.

Are you over clocking GPU or CPU?

All the dumps say win32kbase.sys is the cause. This is a Windows kernel module so definitely not the cause. If trying older Nvidia drivers doesn't fix this then it's time to try Driver Verifier:

Driver Verifier is a diagnostic tool built into Windows 10, it is designed to verify both native Microsoft drivers and third party drivers. Driver Verifier's verification process involves putting heavy stress on drivers with the intention of making bad, outdated, incompatible or misbehaving drivers fail. The required result is a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) which will generate a crash dump for debugging purposes.
    Machines exposed to Driver Verifier will run very sluggishly due to the stress being applied to the drivers. Follow these directions:

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable in Windows 10

Warning:
    It is not advised to run Driver Verifier for more than 48 hours at a time. Disable Driver Verifier after 48 hours or after receiving a BSOD, whichever happens soonest.

Always create a Restore Point prior to enabling Driver Verifier.

Ztruker, Jun 3, 2016
  7. dumbieRed Win User
    Ok if this helps to solving this issue at all... I removed two sticks of the RAM and did all of the takss that were causing it to BSOD without an issue... I put the sticks back in after 2 days and wham straight away BSOD again...

dumbieRed, Jun 5, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

You can try swapping removed ram with installed ram, one at a time to locate the defective one. Replace it and you should be good to go.

Nice work by the way.

Ztruker, Jun 5, 2016
  9. dumbieRed Win User
    Is there a chance that this is the machines inability to handle 32gb?
    Are there any ways to test defective sticks? It just seems that it only causes it when all 4 sticks are installed...

dumbieRed, Jun 6, 2016
  10. Ztruker Win User
    32GB is not a problem: 4 x DDR4 DIMM sockets supporting up to 64 GB of system memory

It will take a long time to test 32GB, run overnight is best.

Download Memtest86+ (you want the 2nd one Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip)). Unzip it then create a CD from the iso file using your CD burning software. There is a good freeware burner called ImgBurn which will do this easily.

DO NOT burn the .iso file directly to CD. It must be used as input to a program that knows what to do with it, like the one I mentioned above.

You can do this on any computer that has a working CD Burner.

You can also use a Flash drive instead of a CD.

Download - Auto-installer for USB Key (Win 9x/2k/xp/7) *NEW!*.
    Unzip and run Memtest86+ USB Installer.exe.
    It will format the flash drive if you tell it to. I used a small, 16MB flash drive and it had 8.5GB left when done.

Boot the CD or Flash drive and run Memtest86+ for at least 3 complete passes unless it shows errors sooner than that. An overnight run is even better.

Check your PSU voltages. Speedfan will give you a pretty good idea of what they are. Better would be to boot to BIOS Setup and record the values there.

Ztruker, Jun 6, 2016
  11. dumbieRed Win User
    So far I am 92% through test 1 and have 654000 errors so far! How do I decipher these errors?

dumbieRed, Jun 8, 2016
  12. axe0 New Member
    You can stop the test after you see the first error appearing *Smile
    Follow this tutorial to see how you can find out what exactly is causing the errors.

Thema:

1. New Windows 10 PC - 32gb RAM BSOD - Similar Threads - 32gb RAM BSOD

2. 45% ram usage on idle with 32GB of ram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    45% ram usage on idle with 32GB of ram: Hello, I built my PC this week and I'm already having this issue of high ram usage, any fix I can do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/45-ram-usage-on-idle-with-32gb-of-ram/f78ce375-ea1f-49a8-bca2-4b84d9ace324
  3. Windows shows 15.9 of 32gb ram

Windows shows 15.9 of 32gb ram: I added 16 more GB to my PC and it showed 32GB.I had to reinstall Windows and now I get 15.9 of 32gb ram.Showa hardware reserved 16.1GBI have tested ram sticks on their own and they work fine. But if I install 1 I get 15.9GB, when before it was 16GGB of ramIf I add 8x8x8 I...
  4. Windows shows 15.9 of 32gb ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows shows 15.9 of 32gb ram: I added 16 more GB to my PC and it showed 32GB.I had to reinstall Windows and now I get 15.9 of 32gb ram.Showa hardware reserved 16.1GBI have tested ram sticks on their own and they work fine. But if I install 1 I get 15.9GB, when before it was 16GGB of ramIf I add 8x8x8 I...
  5. 32GB ram not working correctly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    32GB ram not working correctly.: So I brought some DDR4 3200Mhz CL16 2x16GB ram kit and on windows it says 32GB 16GB usable and when I try to enable the XMP profile so the ram runs at 3200Mhz it just doesn't set it to that speed....
  6. 32GB ram not working correctly.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    32GB ram not working correctly.: So I brought some DDR4 3200Mhz CL16 2x16GB ram kit and on windows it says 32GB 16GB usable and when I try to enable the XMP profile so the ram runs at 3200Mhz it just doesn't set it to that speed....
  7. 32GB ram not working correctly.

8. 32GB Ram crashes windows.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    32GB Ram crashes windows.: Hi, I recently bought new ram for my pc 16GB, 2400MHz. And I already had a ram stick 16GB, 2400MHz. When I add the other ram stick, my windows crashes after or at the moment I log in. When I remove one of them it works. Neither of the sticks appear to be faulty as they...
  9. i inserted new RAM [32GB] but rather 32GB shows usable 24GB is RAM mal

i inserted new RAM [32GB] but rather 32GB shows usable 24GB is RAM mal: i inserted new RAM [32GB DDR2 used chips ECC] but rather 32GB shows usable 24GB is RAM malfunction????? on boot i get error slot 2...well? [img] [img] [img] 156989
  10. RAM Upgrade to 32GB, windows 10 won't start

RAM Upgrade to 32GB, windows 10 won't start: I recently purchased 32GB of Crucial DDR3 to upgrade my PC. My mother board supports up to 32GB (4 x 8). Currently I have 16GB installed (4 x 4) Running Windows 10 64 Bit Pro installed on my 128GB SSD. When I change out the memory, and boot up the PC, it gets past my BIOS,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bsod with 32 gb ram