Windows 10: New windows 10 PC keeps locking up or BSOD

Discus and support New windows 10 PC keeps locking up or BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; so I've just finished building my brand bew gaming PC and it j Keeps locking up or BSODing. The bsod error is "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT" It happens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Valor-816, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Valor-816 Win User

New windows 10 PC keeps locking up or BSOD

so I've just finished building my brand bew gaming PC and it j

Keeps locking up or BSODing.

The bsod error is "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT"

It happens when I'm just sitting on desktop.

The biggest problem is that it happens before I can finish any windows updates so I can't even just update

Specs are

CPU - Ryzen 5 3600

MB - MSI MAG B550M MORTAR wifi

RAM - 16g 3600

SSD - Samsung 870

GPU - Galax geforce 1060

At this point I'm all out of ideas.

I've been at it for three days and I'm so fed up with it.

I need some help please!

:)

Valor-816, Sep 20, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 20, 2020
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Sep 20, 2020
  4. r.h.p Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

1. New windows 10 PC keeps locking up or BSOD - Similar Threads - keeps locking BSOD

2. Windows Keeps Locking Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Keeps Locking Up: I'll be browsing the internet or whatever and suddenly the mouse cursor locks up and then a moment later the whole PC does and I have to manually restart it. It happens at least once a day. I don't know what's causing this but it's a problem because sometimes it happens...
  3. Windows Keeps Locking Up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Keeps Locking Up: I'll be browsing the internet or whatever and suddenly the mouse cursor locks up and then a moment later the whole PC does and I have to manually restart it. It happens at least once a day. I don't know what's causing this but it's a problem because sometimes it happens...
  4. Windows Keeps Locking Up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD Keep popping up after build a new pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Keep popping up after build a new pc.: Ive built 3/4 pcs and ive never ran into this issue of blue screens trying to research and see what i might be any help would be appreciated. Used Dbugger to see what i could be no luck dont know how to read this.Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25136.1001...
  6. BSOD Keep popping up after build a new pc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Keep popping up after build a new pc.: Ive built 3/4 pcs and ive never ran into this issue of blue screens trying to research and see what i might be any help would be appreciated. Used Dbugger to see what i could be no luck dont know how to read this.Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25136.1001...
  7. BSOD Keep popping up after build a new pc.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Windows 10 Keeps Locking up and sleeping

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Keeps Locking up and sleeping: Windows 10 keep locking up and sleeping at random times does it for all the computers in the company. Checked the server and the group policy and nothing was changed or added. Tried disabling the sleep and still cannot get the the automatic lock to stop. Tried to max out the...
  9. Laptop keeps locking up on Windows 10

Laptop keeps locking up on Windows 10: I have a Lenovo T530 running windows 10 and it's locking up and the only thing that works is the mouse,i have to do a hard reset to get it to work.But i only works for a couple of minutes then locks up again.Please any help....
  10. PC locks up randomly (No BSOD)

PC locks up randomly (No BSOD): Not sure if my title is too vague, but here is my issue. Recently built a new PC, running Win 10 pro. Had issue with graphics card and removed to RMA it. Got new CPU to utilize integrated graphics ports. Every once in a while (about once or twice a week) PC will lock-up,...