Windows 10: New Windows 10 Pro license - is it possible to downgrade to the Windows 7 Pro?

Discus and support New Windows 10 Pro license - is it possible to downgrade to the Windows 7 Pro? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, is it possible to downgrade to the Windows 7Pro OS if I have a new Windows 10 Pro license? Some applications are incompatible with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PonkratovKirill, Sep 11, 2018.

1. New Windows 10 Pro license - is it possible to downgrade to the Windows 7 Pro?

Hi there, is it possible to downgrade to the Windows 7Pro OS if I have a new Windows 10 Pro license? Some applications are incompatible with the Windows 10. Thanks!

:)

PonkratovKirill, Sep 11, 2018
  2. R9
    r9 Win User

How to downgrade Win7 pro to WinXP

I have bought Windows 7 pro edition which is downgradable. The question is how to downgrade ?
    After the downgrade what is going to be the s/n of the XP is it going to be the same S/N of the Windows 7 pro that I have downgraded ?
    And is it possible to install Windows XP with the Windows 7 pro serial number ?
    And if I want to end up with XP downgrade is it the only way ?

3. ic_988 Win User
    How to Windows 10 Pro OEM downgrade to Windows 7 Pro

Understanding downgrade rights
    Updated 11/30/2016

Important: the information on this page is intended for system builders and the downgrade rights that apply to their customers. If you are a customer of a direct OEM, please contact your OEM for more information about downgrade rights. If
    you are a direct OEM, please contact your Microsoft Account Manager.

Downgrade and down-edition rights are an end-user right that Microsoft offers to customers for certain OEM products which meet the technical requirements for a Windows software downgrade. Downgrade rights are documented in the Microsoft Software License
    Terms that customers accept upon first running Windows and Windows Server software. Thanks to downgrade rights, end users who have acquired a later version of the software (such as Windows 10 Pro or Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard) can use an earlier version
    of the software until they are ready to migrate to a later version technology.

If a product includes downgrade rights, the license terms for that product will indicate which earlier versions of the software may be used.

Downgrade rights will vary depending on if the software was acquired via volume licensing, OEMs, or full packaged product (FPP).

Downgrade rights for Windows software
    The following OEM versions of Windows software are eligible for downgrade rights.

Windows 10 Pro includes downgrade rights to:

• Windows 8.1 Pro
    • Windows 7

Professional

Windows 8.1 Pro includes downgrade rights to:

• Windows 7 Professional
    • Windows Vista Business

Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate include downgrade rights to:

• Windows Vista Business and Windows Vista Ultimate
    • Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, or Windows XP x64 Edition
    Note Other OEM Windows 7 versions (for example, Windows 7 Home Basic and Windows 7 Home Premium) do not include downgrade rights.

Note downgrade rights are only available as long as Microsoft provides support for that earlier version, as outlined in the
    Windows lifecycle fact sheet.

Steps for an end user to downgrade Windows software

To downgrade eligible Windows software, end users must:

• Purchase a PC preinstalled with Windows software.
    • Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
    • Perform the downgrade process to the eligible downgrade product using the media/key from a genuine, previously licensed OEM or retail product.
    The downgrade process

Follow these steps to downgrade to an earlier version of Windows software:

• Use genuine Windows media and a corresponding product key for the version of Windows that is eligible for downgrade. The media/key should come from a previously licensed product from the OEM or retail channel.
    • End users who are licensed separately through Microsoft Volume Licensing (VL) may provide their VL media and key to a system builder to facilitate the downgrade on their own systems.
    • Insert the downgrade-eligible version of Windows media and follow the installation instructions.
    • Enter the product key.
    • If the software was previously activated, it cannot be activated online. In this case, the appropriate local Activation Support phone number will be displayed. Call the number and explain the circumstances. When it is determined that the end user has an
      eligible Windows license, the customer service representative will provide a single-use activation code to activate the software. Please note that Microsoft does not provide a full product key in this scenario.
    • Activate the software.
    For scenarios involving large volume downgrades, end users are encouraged to consider VL which provides the benefits of reimaging rights and volume activation, which can make the process of downgrading much easier.

Authorizing a third party to exercise downgrade rights for an end user

Because downgrade rights apply to end users, they are not designed for third-party facilitation, which has many complications. Also, such facilitation is not suitable for carrying out on a large scale.

ic_988, Sep 11, 2018
  4. New Windows 10 Pro license - is it possible to downgrade to the Windows 7 Pro?

Andre Da Costa, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

New Windows 10 Pro license - is it possible to downgrade to the Windows 7 Pro?

1. New Windows 10 Pro license - is it possible to downgrade to the Windows 7 Pro? - Similar Threads - Pro license possible

2. Is it possible to downgrade Windows 10 Pro to the Home edition?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is it possible to downgrade Windows 10 Pro to the Home edition?: I have a computer that has Windows 10 Pro that I want to donate to a charitable foundation that houses and educates at-risk teenagers. The Director does not want the students to have access to the Pro version of Windows 10; all his existing computers have the Home version...
  3. After Windows 7 Pro End Of support , Is it possible to downgrade Windows 10 pro to windows...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Windows 7 Pro End Of support , Is it possible to downgrade Windows 10 pro to windows...: Hello, earlier we had the option to downgrade Windows 10 pro volume license to Windows 7 pro. But I am not sure after end of support of windows 7 it is possible or not. can anyone please confirm? TIA Regards Sejal...
  4. Windows 10 Pro license downgraded to Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro license downgraded to Home: Yesterday my Win10 Pro license which I've had for years was downgraded to Home. What caused the downgrade and how do I get the Pro license back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-license-downgraded-to-home/d63d57af-b758-4eca-9eeb-f31a62c9e481
  5. 7 pro to 10 pro possible upgrade?

7 pro to 10 pro possible upgrade?: Hello all! Hopefully last post/question before I actually get my new 10 system up and running (Monday!). This just dawned on me right now. My computer that is on the verge of death, and being replaced is Win7 Pro (x64). The system I've purchased to replace it comes...
  6. Downgrading Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro. Is it possible?

Downgrading Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro. Is it possible?: Hi, I have a laptop with Windows 10 Enterprise installed in it. The thing is when I purchased the laptop I had no idea about any OS and how to install any. So, one of my elder cousins purchased a copy of the Enterprise edition and installed it on my laptop and now I want it...
  7. bought windows 10 pro license, want to downgrade to 8.1 pro

bought windows 10 pro license, want to downgrade to 8.1 pro: Hello, after installing windows 10 pro i began having problems with eyestrain. I tried all the obvious things:scale text, disable/enable cleartype, color callibration, change to dark theme, lower resolution to make it intentionally look less sharp, installing iris to reduce...
  8. Windows 10 Pro OEM downgrade to Windows 7 Pro

Windows 10 Pro OEM downgrade to Windows 7 Pro: Hi, I need to use Windows 7 Pro due to hardware compatibility concern. I read from "http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/D/1/2D14FE17-66C2-4D4C-AF73-E122930B60F6/Windows-10-Volume-Licensing-Guide.pdf", page 14 that Windows 10 Pro OEM version is entitled to downgrade...
  9. Windows 10 Pro from downgrade option back to Windows 7 Pro

Windows 10 Pro from downgrade option back to Windows 7 Pro: I purchased a new PC sometime back and opted to downgrade back to Windows 7 Pro from the included Windows 10 Pro OS. Can I now activate the Windows 10 Pro? How do I do this?...
  10. downgrade from windows 10 pro to windows 10 home is it possible

downgrade from windows 10 pro to windows 10 home is it possible: uninstall windows 10 pro and install windows 10 home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/downgrade-from-windows-10-pro-to-windows-10-home/13f2bf08-a27e-4017-a5fe-0223c036b420

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i use windows 10 pro license to install downgraded xp professional