Windows 10: new windows 10 pro not discoverable by other pc's on homegroup

Discus and support new windows 10 pro not discoverable by other pc's on homegroup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had a home network with Five windows pc's, Three windows 10 and Two windows 7. I just upgraded one of my windows 7 PC's to windows 10. I cant see the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by joeabrams1, Jan 27, 2019.

1. new windows 10 pro not discoverable by other pc's on homegroup

I had a home network with Five windows pc's, Three windows 10 and Two windows 7. I just upgraded one of my windows 7 PC's to windows 10. I cant see the new windows 10 pc on my homegroup network. I can see the other pc's on the new win10 computer, but cant see the new computer from any of the other ones. can anyone help!!

:)

joeabrams1, Jan 27, 2019
  2. David Haz Win User

Set up Homegroup with a dual band router

When you create a HomeGroup using the PC device, does it appear on your Surface device?

We suggest that you check the network discovery of the HomeGroup that you have created if it is discoverable by other devices. You may change the settings by following these steps:

• Open HomeGroup.
    • Select the settings you want.

If you need further assistance, feel free to ask us.

Regards.

David Haz, Jan 27, 2019
  3. Unable to connect to Homegroup on Windows 10 Pro 1709

Problem:

• My two Windows 10 PCs are unable to connect to a Homegroup.
    • When attempting to join a Homegroup, the connection wizard will sit and spin for minutes before returning "Windows no longer detects a homegroup on this network."
    • This happens whether I try to host the Homegroup on PC 1 or on PC 2.

Specs:

• PC 1
      • Windows 10 Pro 1709 (Build 16299.125)
      • Windows Firewall turned on
      • Sharing to devices on same network turned on
      • File History drive recommended in Homegroup
      • Never connected to another Homegroup before
    • PC 2
      • Windows 10 Pro 1709 (Build 16299.125)
      • Windows Firewall turned on
      • Sharing to devices on same network turned on
      • Never connected to another Homegroup before

Troubleshooting Attempted:

• Confirm both PCs are connected to same WiFi network
    • Confirm network is listed as Private and Trusted on both PCs
    • Confirm that each PC can connect to the other via Explorer
    • Confirm that each PC can see the Homegroup hosted by the other
    • Attempt hosting Homegroup on PC 1 and on PC 2
    • Change password for Homegroup
    • Stop and Restart Peer Networking and associated Services
    • Synchronize System Time
    • Rename Workgroup
    • Restart after all appropriate steps

At this point, I'm running out of ideas. Could someone help me find resolve this?

greggers-p, Jan 27, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

new windows 10 pro not discoverable by other pc's on homegroup

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

new windows 10 pro not discoverable by other pc's on homegroup

1. new windows 10 pro not discoverable by other pc's on homegroup - Similar Threads - pro discoverable pc's

2. PC not discoverable on network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC not discoverable on network.: Hello, I am trying to set up two computers on my network so that they can share a folder between them. I followed a video that explained how to enable network discoverability through the network share center.Here is a quick list of what I did. 1 turned on "network discover on...
  3. PC not discoverable on network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC not discoverable on network.: Hello, I am trying to set up two computers on my network so that they can share a folder between them. I followed a video that explained how to enable network discoverability through the network share center.Here is a quick list of what I did. 1 turned on "network discover on...
  4. Soundbar not discoverable on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Soundbar not discoverable on PC: Hello everyone,I have a Samsung Soundbar HWM360 which is not discoverable by my PC's via bluetooth running windows 10. It does not show up under Audio, nor it is discoverable upon searching for new devices.- My iPhone/Pixel is able to pair with my Soundbar, and so is my...
  5. Soundbar not discoverable on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Soundbar not discoverable on PC: Hello everyone,I have a Samsung Soundbar HWM360 which is not discoverable by my PC's via bluetooth running windows 10. It does not show up under Audio, nor it is discoverable upon searching for new devices.- My iPhone/Pixel is able to pair with my Soundbar, and so is my...
  6. Soundbar not discoverable on PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Make this PC discoverable - Windows 10

Make this PC discoverable - Windows 10: Good Morning. I have a Chromecast device, I can't cast anything, I visited Google support and it says that I have to enable the option "Make other devices discover this PC" and try doing what they told me, nothing, the option did not appear. Could you help me make it...
  8. Problem connecting to other PC using Homegroup.

Problem connecting to other PC using Homegroup.: I have Windows 10 installed on my Laptop and I have connected it to my Desktop PC running Windows 7 using Homegroup. I have enabled Advanced Sharing but still I am unable to connect to my Desktop PC from Laptop. I am showing a video regarding this issue : j8K8fOcPEp4...
  9. cant add a new PC to my homegroup..will not accept homegroup password

cant add a new PC to my homegroup..will not accept homegroup password: I am having a home group password recognition problem setting up a new W10 pc with an old W10 laptop. The new PC will not recognize the original homegroup pw originally set up from my laptop. Is there a way of deleting the old homegroup and setting up a new one from...
  10. Other PC's won't see my PC in homegroup

Other PC's won't see my PC in homegroup: Hi, I bump into some problem with Windows 10 with sharing folder in the same home network/workgroup. After I updated all home PC's on Windows 10, my is Pro others are Home versions, and I shared a specific folder, none of other PC's is able to see me or any other computer...