Windows 10: New windows 10 update completely broke a lot of stuff

Discus and support New windows 10 update completely broke a lot of stuff in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So, I recently got a notification saying that my windows 10 version was unsupported and that I needed to update. So, I updated overnight and when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LelandKilborn, Jan 13, 2021.

1. New windows 10 update completely broke a lot of stuff

So, I recently got a notification saying that my windows 10 version was unsupported and that I needed to update. So, I updated overnight and when I woke up in the morning, almost everything on the taskbar was broken. My applications in the taskbar are fine and clickable, but the action menu is unclickable, and the windows button and the cortana search, will not open when I click them. When I use the windows button to open the start menu, none of the apps will open. Also, my headphones have stopped working, so I have to use my very latent bluetooth ones. On top of all of that, when it first updated, the volume keys didn't work, but they do now. As if this wasn't enough, since the wifi menu won't open, when I try to click view nearby networks in settings, the settings window crashs. When I run the ver command in the command prompt, it returns Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19042.662]. I have no idea what to do.

:)

LelandKilborn, Jan 13, 2021
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond New windows 10 update completely broke a lot of stuff :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 13, 2021
  4. chispy Win User

New windows 10 update completely broke a lot of stuff

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

New windows 10 update completely broke a lot of stuff

1. New windows 10 update completely broke a lot of stuff - Similar Threads - update completely broke

2. Windows 10 Bluetooth Completely Broke

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Bluetooth Completely Broke: A few days back I had opened my computer and took out my wireless earbuds, which should've connected to my PC automatically. For some reason, they connected to my brother's phone, which I have never connected them to. I couldn't reconnect the earbuds and I could not remove...
  3. Windows 10 Bluetooth Completely Broke

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Bluetooth Completely Broke: A few days back I had opened my computer and took out my wireless earbuds, which should've connected to my PC automatically. For some reason, they connected to my brother's phone, which I have never connected them to. I couldn't reconnect the earbuds and I could not remove...
  4. Stuff broke

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuff broke: I have logged back onto my pc with windows 11 after a week and a bit of not using it and my microsoft store, xbox app, EA launcher, Ubisoft connect and epic games launcher have all been signed out of and wont let me sing back in, and steam says im offline. microsoft store let...
  5. Stuff broke

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuff broke: I have logged back onto my pc with windows 11 after a week and a bit of not using it and my microsoft store, xbox app, EA launcher, Ubisoft connect and epic games launcher have all been signed out of and wont let me sing back in, and steam says im offline. microsoft store let...
  6. Auto Update wiped out lots of stuff

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto Update wiped out lots of stuff: my computer did an auto update to the latest Windows 10 version. It wiped out Microsoft Store, Photos app, all bookmarks, desktop shortcuts, etc... I have tried running troubleshoot says I'm signed in with a temp password which I am not....
  7. 1909 Update broke stuff

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    1909 Update broke stuff: Well here we go, After the 1909 update this morning, My Strafe RGB Mk2 keyboard is no longer recognized by my iCUE software and now Paintshop Pro X6 will no longer open or save an image. Not shjure what else is broken yet. Running WIndows Pro 64 1909 (OS Build 18363.959)....
  8. My Windows 10 completely broke

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Windows 10 completely broke: My laptop was working just fine. When it suddenly crashed and popped the KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED bluescreen error. For an hour after the crash everything was fine, but then it crashed again this time with the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. From now on after the second...
  9. Windows 10 Completely Broke

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Completely Broke: I have Windows 10. Recently GTA V has been running slower than usual, so I suspected viruses. I scanned for viruses and have none. I opened Edge after not having used it in a long time, and it's not connecting to the internet at all, while Google Chrome is working perfectly....
  10. Windows 10 Update Broke a Lot of PDF files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update Broke a Lot of PDF files: Ever since this latest Windows update - I have hundreds of PDF files that WILL NOT OPEN. (I have Windows 10 Professional) In Adobe, I get a message that says it's "either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged." Other programs that read PDFs will...