Windows 10: New Windows 10 update making everything slow

Discus and support New Windows 10 update making everything slow in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So apparently Windows decided to automatically update itself while I was away from the PC. When I’m trying to log in, it takes ridiculously long around... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Koopuh, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Koopuh Win User

New Windows 10 update making everything slow

So apparently Windows decided to automatically update itself while I was away from the PC. When I’m trying to log in, it takes ridiculously long around 30-40 minutes. So I tried restarting, but startup is SUPER slow to the point that I’m stuck waiting for a black screen of death. Why is my PC slow after this recent update?

:)

Koopuh, Jan 16, 2020
  2. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 16, 2020
  4. New Windows 10 update making everything slow

Windows 10 on Asus Slow

Hi Danny,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the operating system as it is slow after upgrading to Windows 10. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • When exactly does the system slow performance issue persists?
    • Does the issue confined while performing any specific task on Windows 10?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows Updates and driver updates after upgrading to Windows 10?

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check it if helps.

Step 1: Run the System maintenance troubleshooter.

System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

• Press Windows key and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and hit Enter.
    • Click on View all in the left pane of the window.
    • Select System Maintenance.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

New Windows 10 update making everything slow

1. New Windows 10 update making everything slow - Similar Threads - update making everything

2. Random lag spikes that make everything on my pc be slow.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random lag spikes that make everything on my pc be slow.: So my pc does this weird thing where it does a lag spike every few seconds that affects audio, mouse and video. I tried everything to fix it by reinstalling and updating drivers, reinstalling windows and everything else. The problem seemed to only appear when a game was...
  3. Random lag spikes that make everything on my pc be slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random lag spikes that make everything on my pc be slow.: So my pc does this weird thing where it does a lag spike every few seconds that affects audio, mouse and video. I tried everything to fix it by reinstalling and updating drivers, reinstalling windows and everything else. The problem seemed to only appear when a game was...
  4. Mcafee updated slowed down everything

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mcafee updated slowed down everything: I purchased a brand new laptop Monday 1/18/2021, recieved it Tuesday. Worked amazingly. Super fast, just great all around. Wednesday night, I get a notification that McAfee needs to update. I made the mistake up allowing the laptop to restart in order to do the update. Ever...
  5. How to make everything transparent in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make everything transparent in Windows 10: How i can make everything Transparent in windows 10 same like MacOS? windows gave just limited transparency effect please help me. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-everything-transparent-in-windows-10/27407030-7b08-45cf-8cd9-beb07c29cf8d
  6. Everything new in Windows 10 May 2020 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Everything new in Windows 10 May 2020 Update: Windows 10 May 2020 Update, also known as version 2004, will begin rolling out to consumers between May 26 and May 28. Windows 10 May 2020 Update is much bigger than the November 2019 Update (version 1909) and it comes with a long list of new features and improvements for...
  7. Recent updates make windows 10 restart very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recent updates make windows 10 restart very slow: I installed the recent updates KB4556441 and KB4551853 on my Surface Pro 6 2 days ago. Since then it takes the Surface much longer to restart in the morning. I get a black screen, where I see my cursor but nothing else. I have not changed anything else in this time. Not...
  8. Windows update makes everything slow.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update makes everything slow.: After finally agreeing to your 200th time new version reminder, I decided to update windows. I hated it, my laptop was running extremely slow. I went back to previous version which made my ASUS go to black screen unable to get out of a cycle of blackscreen and loading balls....
  9. Windows Defender slowing everything

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender slowing everything: We have had 4-5 users over the last 2 business days reporting extreme system slowness all of a sudden. This appears to be cause by the ‘antimalware service executeable’ in task manager, using high CPU and Disk write capacity (up to 150MB/s). This makes our affected laptops...
  10. What the HELL is Win 10 doing that makes everything so slow???

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What the HELL is Win 10 doing that makes everything so slow???: After installing some updates a short while ago navigation on my computer started slowing down. Every day it gets a bit worse and today it is taking up to 20 seconds before a page/folder will load. This happens while I am faffing on the Internet and even if I am simply...