Windows 10: New Windows 10 update with widget in the right corner

Discus and support New Windows 10 update with widget in the right corner in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The new weather icon would not show the CURRENT weather temperature unless I clicked to see the full widget screen. So, I deleted the thing. Can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoannaEnnis, Jun 19, 2021.

1. New Windows 10 update with widget in the right corner

The new weather icon would not show the CURRENT weather temperature unless I clicked to see the full widget screen. So, I deleted the thing. Can't find it in my Recycle Bin. I managed to get it back, but I can't seem to load the weather report on the widget screen, and the weather icon has now disappeared and is only showing the "news & interest" icon . I tried again on "Manage Interests" and it won't show my preferences. What can I do to get my interests and fix the weather icon, and to show the CURRENT weather on the taskbar icon.?

:)

JoannaEnnis, Jun 19, 2021
  2. thomaseg1 Win User

Windows 10 Insider Preview Dev Build 21301 (RS_PRERELEASE) - Jan. 27 Insider

Windows 10’s taskbar is getting a big update with new weather and news widget - The Verge
    To disable the taskbar news widget, use these steps:

• Right-click the taskbar on Windows 10.
    • Select the News and interests menu and choose the Hidden option. Disable taskbar News and Interests.
    • (Optional) Select the Show icon only option if you want to keep the widget using less space in the taskbar.
    I don't know if it works

It works

thomaseg1, Jun 19, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 19, 2021
  4. jimbo45 Win User

New Windows 10 update with widget in the right corner

Windows 10 Insider Preview Dev Build 21301 (RS_PRERELEASE) - Jan. 27 Insider

Hi there

After a reboot it's gone --

Thanks !!!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jun 19, 2021
Thema:

New Windows 10 update with widget in the right corner

1. New Windows 10 update with widget in the right corner - Similar Threads - update widget right

2. Calendar Widget bottom right corner won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calendar Widget bottom right corner won't open: I don't know why it doesn't open, don't know what I did. Nothing I found online helped. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calendar-widget-bottom-right-corner-wont-open/d343cf42-e6d7-40c7-b11f-2f77b1bf3a4d
  3. Calendar Widget bottom right corner won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calendar Widget bottom right corner won't open: I don't know why it doesn't open, don't know what I did. Nothing I found online helped. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calendar-widget-bottom-right-corner-wont-open/d343cf42-e6d7-40c7-b11f-2f77b1bf3a4d
  4. How to move widgets to right like windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move widgets to right like windows 10 ?: hello is it possible to move widgets to rights while taskbar icon is placed in left like windows 10 ? I'm using windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-move-widgets-to-right-like-windows-10/0d32a45b-eb68-4ce0-b1f3-0c717cc3a5c3
  5. How to move widgets to right like windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move widgets to right like windows 10 ?: hello is it possible to move widgets to rights while taskbar icon is placed in left like windows 10 ? I'm using windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-move-widgets-to-right-like-windows-10/0d32a45b-eb68-4ce0-b1f3-0c717cc3a5c3
  6. Windows 10 Update... Now Weather Icon On Bottom Right Corner?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Update... Now Weather Icon On Bottom Right Corner?: Recently when i tried to shut down my laptop, saw windows 10 update and did it as i normally do. After the update, i notice on the bottom right corner to the left of the laptop battery icon, wifi connection, sound etc... it shows the weather and like cloudy etc. When you...
  7. Windows 10 new taskbar widget

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 new taskbar widget: Hi,I've updated to the latest windows and one of the new features is the taskbar widget. I have two questions:1. I am wondering if there is anyway to turn off all the news except to show stock market watchlist only.2. The default widget shows a weather icon only or icon/text...
  8. strange new circle icon lower right corner

strange new circle icon lower right corner: Hi, Since the last update, I have a strange icon that is hovering above but not a part of the taskbar. it is sitting above the notification tool, but is unclickable. it looks like 2 half arrows chasing each other. At first I thought it was an NVIDIA thing as it has their...
  9. stop popups in right bottom corner windows 10

stop popups in right bottom corner windows 10: Hi, I'm trying to get rid of annoying commercial popups in window 10. Already adjusted 'settings > Notifications and Actions', but to no avail. What else do I need to do?...
  10. right hand corner ads

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    right hand corner ads: I am suddenly getting ads in the lower right hand corner of my screen. How do I get rid of them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-hand-corner-ads/34335ffa-ba2a-4e75-bed3-1facef832c78"