Windows 10: new windows 10 upgrade 2020 fails at 85% after rebooting

Discus and support new windows 10 upgrade 2020 fails at 85% after rebooting in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; new windows 10 upgrade may 2020 downloads well, prepares well, reboot's OKay, but just when it reaches at 85% installation after rebooting, it crashes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SANJEEVSETH1, May 31, 2020.

1. new windows 10 upgrade 2020 fails at 85% after rebooting

new windows 10 upgrade may 2020 downloads well, prepares well, reboot's OKay, but just when it reaches at 85% installation

after rebooting, it crashes with the blue screen, and reboots; removes all the the downloaded upgrade, and restores my Laptop Dell Laptop Windows 10 Pro - Intel core i5 - Third Generation, 2.5 Ghz, 8 GB RAM and 1TB HDD with integrated graphics to its previous state of windows pro 2019. There is around 60GB of available space in primary windows partition. My windows pro version is legal. I have tried installing with disabled Kaspersky internet securitylegal, but its been 6 failed attempts, with the crash occuring at the same 85% installation after reboot/restart. Please help urgently.

Regards, Sanjeev Seth

:)

SANJEEVSETH1, May 31, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 31, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 31, 2020
  4. aronchick Win User

new windows 10 upgrade 2020 fails at 85% after rebooting

Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, May 31, 2020
Thema:

new windows 10 upgrade 2020 fails at 85% after rebooting

1. new windows 10 upgrade 2020 fails at 85% after rebooting - Similar Threads - upgrade 2020 fails

2. Windows 11 Reinstall stuck at 85% and then reboots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Reinstall stuck at 85% and then reboots: Hey,I‘ve tried to reinstall Windows 11 and to kept the data.But after the installation reached 85% it just reboots and then jumps back to 70%. The whole ordeal just repeats for almost 2 hours now....
  3. Windows 11 Reinstall stuck at 85% and then reboots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Reinstall stuck at 85% and then reboots: Hey,I‘ve tried to reinstall Windows 11 and to kept the data.But after the installation reached 85% it just reboots and then jumps back to 70%. The whole ordeal just repeats for almost 2 hours now....
  4. Upgrade Windows 11 stuck at 85% installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Windows 11 stuck at 85% installing: Hello..Anyone have solutions?"Upgrade Windows 11 stuck at 85% installing"ThanksHarry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-windows-11-stuck-at-85-installing/54d7caa9-a7ed-4470-93e1-2c18f4b5653c
  5. Upgrade Windows 11 stuck at 85% installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade Windows 11 stuck at 85% installing: Hello..Anyone have solutions?"Upgrade Windows 11 stuck at 85% installing"ThanksHarry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-windows-11-stuck-at-85-installing/54d7caa9-a7ed-4470-93e1-2c18f4b5653c
  6. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Upgrade Fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Upgrade Fails: My Microsoft Flight Simulator had been working fine. The last time I started it up, it went into checking for upgrades, and found the 1.8... upgrade. I clicked the up[grade button and now it is stuck in a download loop playing the music even when in background with this...
  7. 85 is the new 100!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    85 is the new 100!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PalmerDixon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iq3uf4/85_is_the_new_100/
  8. Windows 10 Upgrade 2020

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Upgrade 2020: Hi Guys, It's been a long time since I was last chatting here, nice to be back, had to re register as I couldn't see a 'Forgotten Password' link, anyway I found a resolution to an issue I was having with Windows starting up through the night after sleep or hibernating, was a...
  9. Computer will not reboot/start after the new forced Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer will not reboot/start after the new forced Windows 10 upgrade: Yesterday, while trying to download a document to print, my computer completely shut off and will not restart. The new Windows 10 upgrade installed itself a couple of days before, then I kept getting the same message that they wanted to upgrade again, to snooze, pick a time...
  10. BSoD and reboot after 2020 Win 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD and reboot after 2020 Win 10 update: Laptop gets Blue Screen and page fault in non page area after the 2020 updates in Jan. and Feb. It happens several times a day usually every couple of hours with occasional back to back frequency. I have tried troubleshooting online e.g. changing the paging settings, disk...