Windows 10: New windows 10 upgrade doesn't recognize 3rd hard drive formated under windows 7

Discus and support New windows 10 upgrade doesn't recognize 3rd hard drive formated under windows 7 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have hard drive bay for a backup hard drive so the drive is easily removable and transportable. Since a recent windows 10 upgrade this 4 terabyte... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MartinLadd, Oct 6, 2019.

1. New windows 10 upgrade doesn't recognize 3rd hard drive formated under windows 7

I have hard drive bay for a backup hard drive so the drive is easily removable and transportable. Since a recent windows 10 upgrade this 4 terabyte hard drive isn't recognized using the bay (which has no electronics). I can put the same had drive into a "hard drive enclosure" (that does have electronics) and it works fine.

The way this bay works is like plugging it in with a sata cable. I do not hot swap this drive, I always put it in when the sy.tem is off.

:)

MartinLadd, Oct 6, 2019
  2. Hitman Win User

Windows 10 formatting ?

Hello all
    I have 3 hard drives
    1 sata 1 tb with Windows 10
    2 older drives that are ide that I use for apps and data and not clutter my main drive.

I will be replacing the 2 older drives with a 2 tb data drive

I am thinking of formatting my main drive and starting all new and reloading everything.

My problem is that I was on Windows 7 pro 64 bit and got Windows 10 pro 64 bit upgrade free.
    So don't have Windows 10 CD or a code for it. So if I format will I be able to get Windows 10 for free
    Or I'll I have to buy the CD.
    Don't really want to spend 200.00 bucks right now.

Have not formatted in a while what's the best way now a days ?

Thanks Ruben

Hitman, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Windows 10 formatting ?

You got a digital entitlement if you did the upgrade. But you must of had an original windows seven key which will work perfectly fine when upgrading to Windows 10. All you need to do is get that Windows 7 key and use it when you reinstall windows 10 on the new hard drive or formatted hard drive

The windows 10 installation media a.k.a. media creation tool will work perfectly fine for doing the transition. Or if you would like Here on tech power up there are several threads that have links to hosted ISO windows 10 images

So in short regardless of which path you choose to do the install all you need is that original key for windows seven if this is a prebuilt PC you should be able to acquire it with your sticker that stuck somewhere on the PCs back or bottom

Iso link
    Download Windows 10 Disc Image (ISO File)

jboydgolfer, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Flow Win User

New windows 10 upgrade doesn't recognize 3rd hard drive formated under windows 7

Windows 10 formatting ?

We upgraded windows 7 to 10. Many crashes and errors after that. So a format and clean install of windows 10. Activated automatically. Zero issues and no more crashes etc etc.
    So I'm inclined to say to just go for it. And if a problem, then use your windows 7 key.

Flow, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

New windows 10 upgrade doesn't recognize 3rd hard drive formated under windows 7

1. New windows 10 upgrade doesn't recognize 3rd hard drive formated under windows 7 - Similar Threads - upgrade doesn't recognize

2. Windows 7 Copy Not Recognized As Valid After Hard Drive Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Copy Not Recognized As Valid After Hard Drive Upgrade: I have an OEM copy of Windows 7. I had installed it on my computer some time ago, but the old hard drive was beginning to fail, so I purchased an SSD and reinstalled it on that. But whenever I try to activate the copy with the automatic phone service it doesn't recognize my...
  3. Windows 7 Copy Not Recognized As Valid After Hard Drive Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 Copy Not Recognized As Valid After Hard Drive Upgrade: I have an OEM copy of Windows 7. I had installed it on my computer some time ago, but the old hard drive was beginning to fail, so I purchased an SSD and reinstalled it on that. But whenever I try to activate the copy with the automatic phone service it doesn't recognize my...
  4. How to Transfer Windows 7 Upgraded to 10 Registration to a New Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to Transfer Windows 7 Upgraded to 10 Registration to a New Hard Drive: I was given a laptop that had a legitimate copy of Windows 7 home edition installed. I upgraded that to Windows 10 home when it was offered as a free upgrade. Sadly, the hard drive containing the OS died and I've lost all my files nothing valuable. I want to reinstall...
  5. Will upgrading Windows format hard drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will upgrading Windows format hard drive?: Hi, I am currently having Windows 10 Enterprise 1803 installed on my laptop. I want to upgrade it using the ISO file downloaded from Microsoft's official website. So, my question is, will upgrading windows clear my hard drive all partitions: c,d&e? Thanks, Regards,...
  6. Windows doesn't recognize hard drive

Windows doesn't recognize hard drive: My computer is somewhat old, but works well,Dell optiplex 755. It was purchased refurbished and works fine.It originally was an XP machine that the seller installed Win7 on. Some time ago I upgraded to Win10 and all was well until an update came along which said there...
  7. Windows 10 File Explorer doesn't recognize Hard Drives formatted under Windows 7

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 File Explorer doesn't recognize Hard Drives formatted under Windows 7: My computer running Windows 7 Pro died. The 2 1TB hard drives are fine. I've installed them on a new computer running Windows 10. The device manager sees them and says they are working fine. How do I get them to show up in File Explorer so I can access the data on them?...
  8. New Hard Drive - Windows 10 Upgrade

New Hard Drive - Windows 10 Upgrade: I have a Lenovo G580 laptop that came with Windows 8 originally installed. After the Windows 10 release, I upgraded. The hard drive has been slowing down, so decided to replace with a SSHD. Before doing that, I did the Windows 10,1903 update, then I created a Windows...
  9. Computer Doesn't Recognize Hard Drive

Computer Doesn't Recognize Hard Drive: So, I know that this isn't a specific Windows error, but I'm really troubled right now. Basically, my baby brother hit my computer really hard, and everytime I turned it on, it went in a loop. I tried reinstalling Win 10 via USB Stick, but when I got to the Disk partition...
  10. Upgrading to Windows 10 on a new Hard Drive

Upgrading to Windows 10 on a new Hard Drive: A friend of mine currently has Windows 7 installed and wants to get a new hard drive and then upgrade to Windows 10. Whats the current way to do this? 59709