Windows 10: New windows 10 user needing help with slow internet speeds

Discus and support New windows 10 user needing help with slow internet speeds in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ok, I uninstalled the old drivers, took out the adapter, installed the new ones and then plugged it back in when it told me too. Hooked back up to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Aemon, Sep 2, 2016.

1. AndreTen Win User

New windows 10 user needing help with slow internet speeds

So your situation get worse? No internet at all.
    Can you (or did you already tried that) change DNS to Google one: 8.8.8.8
    Second, can you access router? Check logs - if router has that option - about connection problems.
    Third, what antivirus do you use, and also third party firewall (if any)

If this don't work, you'll have to try older driver (and also restart PC after uninstallrestart just after reinstall). Internet search showed, that this adapter had some problems before, and only this year Netgear provided suitable drivers. before it was recommended to use Microsoft drivers, but for Realtek chipset.

Edit. another thing. Go to power settings and check USB settings: USB selective suspend an set it to Enabled.

AndreTen, Sep 4, 2016
  2. Aemon Win User

Okay, I reset my network again and that seemed to allow me to get back where I was, super super slow but at least connected.

I looked up how to change the DNS thing to Google and I gave it a try. That seemed to help some. I can actually get to webpages now, though everything is still slow. I finally managed to get to speed test.net and I am only at 2 mbps (I can usually get to the 20s or 30s with my laptop). At least it is something *Smile

Not sure how to check if I can access the router. How would I go about doing that?

Antivirus and firewall I guess are stock Windows 10 stuff. Is that Windows Defender? I didn't install or change anything since the upgrade.

Edit: Just saw your last edit. I went to power settings and the USB selective suspend setting was already enabled.

Aemon, Sep 4, 2016
  3. AndreTen Win User
    If you look at network properties (where you set the DNS..) click on details. Router address is usually that of DHCP server.
    While in Network and Sharing center (in Control panel, or in Settings - network) check if you network is Private or Public. It should be Private.

AndreTen, Sep 4, 2016
  4. Aemon Win User

Ok, I set my network to private and I found my network connection details. There is physical address as well as some IPv4 addresses. IS one of those what you are looking for?

Also, when I made my network private it says "Ready to Create" next to Homegroup now. Do I need to do anything with that?

Thanks again, you are amazing!

Aemon, Sep 4, 2016
  5. AndreTen Win User
    Setting network to private is good for now. You don't need to create Homegroup for now.
    Other thing came to mind... Does connection says "secured" ? When connecting to your network the first time, did you enter network key (password), or not. Asking this to confirm that you are not on some kind of guest network...

IP addres of your router is something like 192.168.1.1

Check your speed again. It may already be better.

Here is a link to Microsoft guide for fixing network connection. I just found it now, but we worked almost all of them. If connection fail again, try the section about resetting TCP /IP.

It's getting late here, so I will check back again tomorrow. Good luck *Smile

AndreTen, Sep 4, 2016
  6. Aemon Win User
    I'll take a look at that site and see what I can do.

It does say secured on my network connection.

Thanks again and good night!

Aemon, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. New windows 10 user needing help with slow internet speeds - Similar Threads - user needing help

2. Slow Internet Speed in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Internet Speed in Windows 10: Hello there,I have purchased Lenovo V15 ADA but somedays ago for some reasons my harddisk was damaged and I have to replace it with nvme ssd but the problem comes there, berofe my laptop was damaged my internet speed was working properly at full speed, I have a broadband...
  3. Slow Internet Speed in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow Internet Speed in Windows 10: Hello there,I have purchased Lenovo V15 ADA but somedays ago for some reasons my harddisk was damaged and I have to replace it with nvme ssd but the problem comes there, berofe my laptop was damaged my internet speed was working properly at full speed, I have a broadband...
  4. Slow Internet Speed in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Slow Internet Speed

Slow Internet Speed: Hello, I've been having problems with my internet on Windows 10.Usually my Download MB per second is 12 MB to 32 MB fast, but since I got a new windows after my old was broken, my internet has been acting weird, it takes literally 10 minutes for me to just download a 10 MB...
  6. Slow Internet Speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow Internet Speed: Hello, I've been having problems with my internet on Windows 10.Usually my Download MB per second is 12 MB to 32 MB fast, but since I got a new windows after my old was broken, my internet has been acting weird, it takes literally 10 minutes for me to just download a 10 MB...
  7. Slow internet speed on a new PC

Slow internet speed on a new PC: Hi! Im having a problem with the internet connection on my Windows 10 brand new PC. The speed should be 150mbps and on speedtest it shows that exact speed on all my devices exepct for the new PC. I tried plugging it with the ethernet cabel, turning off wifi and it still...
  8. windows 10 internet speed (need help)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 internet speed (need help): ok, so for the last 2 weeks my internet has been running awfully slow, in task manager its normally about 0-10% based on what im doing, now its between 0-1% and i cant even watch a fucking YT video. im pissed af, any fux i found dindnt work and on my other computer with...
  9. slowed internet speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    slowed internet speed: [ATTACH] ILitt(Customer)asked a question. Tuesday, April 9, 2019 5:54 AM I have a 300MB internet connection. It ran fine for several months and then the speed dropped to 89MB. I have had a tech service guy here and Spectrum. Both tell me my router and modem are...
  10. Slow speed of internet

Slow speed of internet: Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS server) is not responding https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/slow-speed-of-internet/e2ad41f0-f2f1-4bc8-b564-75963e4c272a