Windows 10: New Windows 10...Version 2.0

Discus and support New Windows 10...Version 2.0 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; From this Post...New Windows 10? I thought I would not get the 1903 Update. But I did! After the Critical Update, I got another Update the next day.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by milford, Oct 9, 2019.

1. milford Win User

New Windows 10...Version 2.0

From this Post...New Windows 10?

I thought I would not get the 1903 Update. But I did!

After the Critical Update, I got another Update the next day. After that installed, the "I'm not quite ready for 1903" notice was gone. So I checked for Updates and it said I was up-to-date. No mention of 1903. So I Googled 1903 Update, found the Windows 10 Update Assistant and ran that. It said my CPU, memory, and Disk Space were O.K. So I hit the install button and 3 hours later, I have Version 1903, Build 18362.356 and I don't like it.

I.m using Revo Uninstaller for removing Software. With the 1903 update, all the Programs showing have an installation date of 10/07/2019. I no longer know the original installation dates.

My Lock Screen background is a blur. Any picture I try there, comes out as a blur.

1903 is SLOW. When I try to open anything, it takes about 10 seconds to open. I have run sfc /Scannow, Ccleaner, Defrag and Optimize, with no improvement.

Any comments? Improvements? Put up with it?

:)

milford, Oct 9, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 9, 2019
  3. malware Win User
    Intel Updates Core 2 Quad Q9550 to E-0 Stepping

We continue our Monday news list with another Intel story that brings to our attention information concerning the company and more specificly its 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad Q9550 chips that will move from the current C-1 to the newer E-0 stepping. The updated chips will start selling on August 22nd, featuring the following changes:
    • New SSpec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • CPUID will change from 0x10677 to 0x1067A
    • Package change to Halide free package
    Apart from that, the new stepping CPUs will not include any other changes. Of course, like most new stepping parts a BIOS update will be needed.

Product Change Notification 108663 - 00

Source: TechConnect Magazine

malware, Oct 9, 2019
  4. malware Win User

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400/E8500 and Xeon E3110 Moving to E-0 Stepping Next Month

After moving all 45nm Xeon DP quad core processors from the C-O to the E-0 stepping, Intel announced today that three more 45nm processors will also be upgraded to E-0. The two desktop Core 2 Duo E8400 and E8500 plus the server Xeon E3110 CPUs will all be updated to the E-0 stepping next month. Changes that will come with the E-0 stepping include:

• - CPUID will change from 0x10676 to 0x1067A
      - Power Status Indicator (PSI) is supported
      - PECI implementation change
      - New instructions added - XSAVE/XRSTOR
      - New ISA extension for save/restoring context of x87, SSE, and future processor state
      - New feature added - ACNT2
      - Improved mechanism for determining processor utilization. To be used for more efficient P-state determination.
      - Package change to Halide free package
    The E-0 processors will not require any BIOS updates. They'll be easily recognisable by the new sSpec numbers: SLB9J for E8400, SLB9K for E8500 and SLB9C for E3110.

Source: TechConnect Magazine, HARDSPELL

malware, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

1. New Windows 10...Version 2.0 - Similar Threads - Version

2. Need help with old version of Windows 10 notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with old version of Windows 10 notepad: I have the notepad exec but when I try to open saved notepad it asks what program to open it, it was working yesterday but not today. I have Windows 11 23H2.I have checked answers to the notepad topic but these are how to get it where as my problem is that it no longer opens,...
  3. Need help with old version of Windows 10 notepad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with old version of Windows 10 notepad: I have the notepad exec but when I try to open saved notepad it asks what program to open it, it was working yesterday but not today. I have Windows 11 23H2.I have checked answers to the notepad topic but these are how to get it where as my problem is that it no longer opens,...
  4. 2024-04 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2024-04 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems...: i have been having this problem for about 3 months and each time it does the same thing. it installs up to 50% and then fails each time. i have looked at previous suggestions to fix it and some have looked promising but have not been successful and i am scared that i am going...
  5. 2024-04 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems...

2024-04 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems...: i have been having this problem for about 3 months and each time it does the same thing. it installs up to 50% and then fails each time. i have looked at previous suggestions to fix it and some have looked promising but have not been successful and i am scared that i am going...
  6. How to solve double characters in Windows 11 version 21H2.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to solve double characters in Windows 11 version 21H2.: I get double characters when typing in any Windows 11 field. I also was not able to update my Windows 11 version 21H2.According my Windows 11 system, but my system is up to date. Apparently there is an update for solving this problem but it is not installed when I manually...
  7. How to solve double characters in Windows 11 version 21H2.

How to solve double characters in Windows 11 version 21H2.: I get double characters when typing in any Windows 11 field. I also was not able to update my Windows 11 version 21H2.According my Windows 11 system, but my system is up to date. Apparently there is an update for solving this problem but it is not installed when I manually...
  8. What is the "windows Features" default settings for windows 10 Home version 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the "windows Features" default settings for windows 10 Home version 22H2: I want the default settings of the windows feature on and off menu for the windows 10 Pro version of 22H2. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-windows-features-default-settings-for/6d94e603-85ea-4c5e-b8d4-45e1ce4a7847
  9. What is the "windows Features" default settings for windows 10 Home version 22H2

What is the "windows Features" default settings for windows 10 Home version 22H2: I want the default settings of the windows feature on and off menu for the windows 10 Pro version of 22H2. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-windows-features-default-settings-for/6d94e603-85ea-4c5e-b8d4-45e1ce4a7847
  10. What is the "windows Features" default settings for windows 10 Home version 22H2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging