Windows 10: new Windows 10pro machine does not see network computers

Discus and support new Windows 10pro machine does not see network computers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a new Windows 10 Professional desktop computer which won't see the other computers on the network: a Windows 7 Pro desktop and a Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by peterkf68, Sep 13, 2018.

1. peterkf68 Win User

new Windows 10pro machine does not see network computers

I have a new Windows 10 Professional desktop computer which won't see the other computers on the network: a Windows 7 Pro desktop and a Windows 10 Home laptop. It will, however, see and print to a network-installed printer. Both the win7 desktop and win10 laptop can see and fully access shared folders on the new win10pro desktop, moving files to and from and editing at will. My Network and Sharing Center settings are correct and I have run through the MS "try this" steps without success. Can anyone help? Thanks!

:)

peterkf68, Sep 13, 2018

2. transfer my retail digital license to a new machine void of any OS

Final result: I was unable to load 10Pro on my new machine. I was able to easily upgrade 10Home to 10Pro on my older machine.

RobertArnow, Sep 13, 2018
  3. taward Win User
    One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Sep 13, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

Basic Network guide

I'll be adding a small page on doing this in windows vista soon, since XP is the same with a step or two less, i assume people will figure it out.

Mussels, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

1. new Windows 10pro machine does not see network computers - Similar Threads - 10pro machine does

2. Recognising machines on new network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recognising machines on new network: We moved house and changed ISP. The original ISP set 192.168.178.xxx / 255.255.255.0 as our network scheme. The new ISP has 192.168.0.xxx / 255.255.255.0 as their scheme. Our home server was set with a fixed IP 192.168.178.100 and when I came to pack up I didn't think to...
  3. Recognising machines on new network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recognising machines on new network: We moved house and changed ISP. The original ISP set 192.168.178.xxx / 255.255.255.0 as our network scheme. The new ISP has 192.168.0.xxx / 255.255.255.0 as their scheme. Our home server was set with a fixed IP 192.168.178.100 and when I came to pack up I didn't think to...
  4. Recognising machines on new network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. windows 10pro never downloaded to my machine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10pro never downloaded to my machine: windows 10 pro never updated to my system i finally got a hold of a rep but call was dropped and he never recalled.. i purchased from Microsoft store no key or anything.. i just want a refund if you cant give me a link to download so i can update my system my case number is...
  6. Windows 10 does not see other network computers

Windows 10 does not see other network computers: There are 5 computers on this network, 4 running Windows 10 and 1 running Windows 7. The primary Windows 10 computer does not see anything on the network. All the other computers see all the network devices, including this primary computer. All settings in Network and...
  7. New Win10 Machine Can Only See Two of Three Other Machines on Network

New Win10 Machine Can Only See Two of Three Other Machines on Network: I have a 3 machine Homegroup network consisting of one Win7 and two Win10's, and 1 network printer. All 3 machines can see everything on the other two machines and the printer. All 3 machines, and the new machine, are on the same WiFi network. I'm trying to add a new Win10...
  8. New Win10 Machine Can Only See Two of Three Other Machines on Network

New Win10 Machine Can Only See Two of Three Other Machines on Network: I have a 3 machine Homegroup network consisting of one Win7 and two Win10's, and 1 network printer. All 3 machines can see everything on the other two machines and the printer. All 3 machines, and the new machine, are on the same WiFi network. I'm trying to add a new Win10...
  9. File Explorer Does Not See A Network Computer

File Explorer Does Not See A Network Computer: Am using Windows 10 version 10 build 18362l.145 on three machines all on my Private Network. Machines 1 and 2 show each other in File Explorer/Network. But Machine 3 shows only itself there. 1 and 2 show 3 and can access 3 at will. Each machine has Network discovery turned...
  10. File Explorer Does Not See A Network Computer

File Explorer Does Not See A Network Computer: I have two computers on my private network, Dell-Desktop and Acer-Laptop. File Explorer on the Dell does not see the Acer. The Acer's File Explorer sees the Dell just fine and allows me to access the shared files on the Dell. I can, from the command line on the Dell, ping...