Windows 10: New Windows 9 Details Leak

Discus and support New Windows 9 Details Leak in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 9 is expected to be the next full Windows version prepared by Microsoft and although the company has until now remained tight-lipped on what's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Jun 22, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

New Windows 9 Details Leak

More

labeeman, Jun 22, 2014
  2. LittleJay Win User

Why just give Enterprise users the option to turn off Metro? If they want Windows 9 to be a huge success, then they should have that option for all versions IMHO.

:)

LittleJay, Jun 22, 2014
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Memory leak issue

The term "memory leak" means that an application fails to return all its RAM to the operating system when it exits. The leftover RAM is unusable to the operating system.

Step one is to identify the application that is leaking memory. Step two is to contact the application's developers and provide as much detailed data on the memory leak as you can. For example: which processes are still in RAM after the application exits
    and how much RAM they occupy. Application developers never want their applications to leak memory and they will be grateful for the details you provide, particularly if they can replicate the leak on their own computers.

BulldogXX, Jun 22, 2014
  4. BulldogXX Win User

Possible Memory Leaks in Windows 10

A memory leak occurs when an application closes and fails to release all its RAM back to the operating system.

The first step in dealing with a memory leak is to determine which application is leaking memory.

The next step is to contact that application's technical support with complete details of the memory leak, since the developers will want to fix the problem ASAP.

BulldogXX, Jun 22, 2014
  5. Boozad Win User
    Agreed, but to be fair with the installation of Start8 I never see the Metro UI on W8.1. As long as there's an option to cut the Start screen off by other means I don't really care what MS do.

Boozad, Jun 22, 2014
  6. LittleJay Win User
    Does Start8 disable Metro completely? If not, then being able to do it upon installation would be better IMHO.

LittleJay, Jun 22, 2014
  7. Ztruker Win User
    I use Start8 and the only way I can get to the Metro desktop is by pressing Windows key + C or select Windows 8 Menu from the Start8 Start Menu.

I can't use any Metro apps because I have UAC completely disabled.

Ztruker, Jun 23, 2014
  8. Rickkins Win User

Yea, if I could completely eliminated all traces of metro during installation I would prefer to do so.

Rickkins, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. New Windows 9 Details Leak - Similar Threads - Details Leak

2. Details and fixing the security problem of "read and change all your data on all websites"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Details and fixing the security problem of "read and change all your data on all websites"...: hello friendsMost of the extensions that are very important to me need this permissionFirst, I had a question:activating this permission means that the extension has the ability to see the passwords that we type in the login page or the passwords written in the security page...
  3. Details and fixing the security problem of "read and change all your data on all websites"...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Details and fixing the security problem of "read and change all your data on all websites"...: hello friendsMost of the extensions that are very important to me need this permissionFirst, I had a question:activating this permission means that the extension has the ability to see the passwords that we type in the login page or the passwords written in the security page...
  4. Detailed logs for wireless network in Win 10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Detailed logs for wireless network in Win 10 Enterprise: We have various Windows 10 Enterprise clients domain managed that have issues with our wireless network large commercial enterprise network using WPA2-Enterprise - not a home router.The network is managed by another team. I need to prove malfunctions to that team.The...
  5. Detailed logs for wireless network in Win 10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Detailed logs for wireless network in Win 10 Enterprise: We have various Windows 10 Enterprise clients domain managed that have issues with our wireless network large commercial enterprise network using WPA2-Enterprise - not a home router.The network is managed by another team. I need to prove malfunctions to that team.The...
  6. Detailed logs for wireless network in Win 10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. windows 10 freezing/memory leaking when editing mp3 tags from folder details panel

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 freezing/memory leaking when editing mp3 tags from folder details panel: Anyone else experiencing this? Mine is a modest PC with 8 gigs of ram, maybe not enough to set mp3s artist/title? I'm running windows 10 21h1, next month I'll be forced to upgrade to 22h2 but I don't think will change anything. submitted by /u/No_Cookie3005 [link]...
  8. New leak details Windows 10 update with modern design overhaul

in Windows 10 News
    New leak details Windows 10 update with modern design overhaul: As part of the Sun Valley update, Windows 10 is in the process of getting a new interface with Windows 10X-like Action Center and rounded corners. The Sun Valley update is also known as ‘Windows 10++’ internally and it will deliver a sweeping visual rejuvenation of Windows...
  9. Leak reveal details of Windows 10 20H1 and 20H2 update

in Windows 10 News
    Leak reveal details of Windows 10 20H1 and 20H2 update: Windows 10 November 2019 Update codenamed ’19H2′ is not a big release and it comes with improvements only. The key highlights include a new search experience in File Explorer, performance improvements and longer battery life on some devices. Microsoft’s Spring 2019 Update...
  10. Leak reveal details of upcoming big Windows 10 feature updates

in Windows 10 News
    Leak reveal details of upcoming big Windows 10 feature updates: The next two Windows 10 updates “19H2” and “20H1” are set to arrive in November and Spring 2019 respectively. While Windows 10 19H2 (November 2019 Update) is a small update, 20H1 is expected to be a full-fledged update with new features and major improvements. If the...