Windows 10: New Windows Defender event 5007 re. ProductAppDataPath

Discus and support New Windows Defender event 5007 re. ProductAppDataPath in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I keep a close eye on my Windows Defender event log and I noticed that, starting yesterday, a new event began showing up every time the PC is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MrMoerby, Nov 17, 2020.

1. MrMoerby Win User

New Windows Defender event 5007 re. ProductAppDataPath

I keep a close eye on my Windows Defender event log and I noticed that, starting yesterday, a new event began showing up every time the PC is restarted. Anyone else seeing it? The event id is 5007.

Code:
    Don't think it's anything to worry about since I see it on both my PC's so I'm 99% sure it's something MS pushed out via an update but still, doesn't hurt to ask.

:)

MrMoerby, Nov 17, 2020
  2. Anshul511 Win User

Windows 10 Event Error ID 10016 & 5007

I am using a new laptop windows 10 where Disk space always shows about 99-100% for 1-2 hr while starting laptop when no application is launched. I checked Event Viewer as recommended in some blogs and finds below Error events.

Can you please suggest how to fix these 2 errors:

Error-1:

Event ID: 10016, Source: DistributedCOM

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{6B3B8D23-FA8D-40B9-8DBD-B950333E2C52}

and APPID

{4839DDB7-58C2-48F5-8283-E1D1807D0D7D}

to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Error-2:

Event ID: 5007 , Source: Netwtw04

The description for Event ID 5007 from source Netwtw04 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.
    If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.
    The following information was included with the event:
    \Device\NDMP1

Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260

The specified resource type cannot be found in the image file

Anshul511, Nov 17, 2020
  3. Anshul511 Win User
    Windows 10 Event Error ID 10016 & 5007

Hi Eileen,

Thanks for the inputs. I tried to execute recommended steps & here is what i need more information on:

Error-1: Event ID: 10016, Source: DistributedCOM

I am good till step 3 but in step 4 'Customize' option is grey & i am not able to edit it.

Error-2: Event ID: 5007 , Source: Netwtw04

In step 2 i selected Network adapters > the network adapter name, i see 3 names
    : a> Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network), b> Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI), c> Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260

Which one or all should i select & uninstall/reinstall?

Anshul511, Nov 17, 2020
  4. Tryx3 Win User

Windows defender ofline scan

Peter,

Event viewer maintains a record of the scan starting at

Application & service logs,

Microsoft,

Windows,

Windows defender,

Operational,

Event IDs 2030, 5007

• WDO failures that Windows knew about would be recorded as EventID 2031
    • but WDO failures while Windows was not running would not be recorded.

But there is no record of its completion unless it finds malware detections to report in

Windows defender security centre,

Virus & threat protection,

Scan history.

• The Last scan entry in that dialog refers to Windows defender itself not WDO.

Denis

Tryx3, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

1. New Windows Defender event 5007 re. ProductAppDataPath - Similar Threads - Defender event 5007

2. New Event Details in "Windows Defender > Operational" Log Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Event Details in "Windows Defender > Operational" Log Event Viewer: I've discovered that starting from the 29th of November, there is a new kind of event in Event Viewer > Applications and Services > Windows Defender > OperationalEvent 5007 is nothing new, that's like the most standard event you'll find in there, but the contents of some of...
  3. New Event Details in "Windows Defender > Operational" Log Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Event Details in "Windows Defender > Operational" Log Event Viewer: I've discovered that starting from the 29th of November, there is a new kind of event in Event Viewer > Applications and Services > Windows Defender > OperationalEvent 5007 is nothing new, that's like the most standard event you'll find in there, but the contents of some of...
  4. New Event Details in "Windows Defender > Operational" Log Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Event ID 5007 for Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event ID 5007 for Windows Defender: Hi everyone, I was trying unsuccesfully to clear the history for Controlled Folder Access.After erasing the content of "Operational" in the event log followig this guide posted on this community, I rebooted the PC.From my interpretation, the confguration basically change to a...
  6. Event ID 5007 for Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event ID 5007 for Windows Defender: Hi everyone, I was trying unsuccesfully to clear the history for Controlled Folder Access.After erasing the content of "Operational" in the event log followig this guide posted on this community, I rebooted the PC.From my interpretation, the confguration basically change to a...
  7. Event ID 5007 for Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. windows defender event viewer

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows defender event viewer: Hi , I have a concern regarding the windows event viewer Microsoft-Windows-Windows Defender/Operational. How to fetch the current signature version alone for the defender event id 2000 . I have written a code below LPWSTR pwsPath = L"Microsoft-Windows-Windows...
  9. RE: Windows Defender

RE: Windows Defender: I am trying to find out if there is a way to disable or uninstall Windows Defender. I am running Windows 10. Is this something that is built into the software? Thank you....
  10. Re Install Windows Defender

Re Install Windows Defender: I disabled Defender, and installed Trend Micro. I now want to let the Trend expire and reinstall Defender, but can't figure out how to do it. I've tried Control Pane, but get message that says "Defender Disabled" but no "Enable" button. Help, please. 36237

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lots of 5007 logs defender

2. microsoft defender antivirus event id 5007