Windows 10: New windows edge is in startup apps

Discus and support New windows edge is in startup apps in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I put in the new Microsoft edge and it was in my start up. I don't want it in my start up apps. I turned it off but when I rebooted it went to edge.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MICJMA22, May 27, 2020.

1. MICJMA22 Win User

New windows edge is in startup apps

I put in the new Microsoft edge and it was in my start up. I don't want it in my start up apps. I turned it off but when I rebooted it went to edge. Could someone help me get it out of my startup apps? It's a big drain on startup. You cannot just shut it off in startup apps so hopefully there's is another way. Thanks

:)

MICJMA22, May 27, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, May 27, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User
    Adding programs to startup with Windows 7?

You could add entries to the registry to launch the apps on startup, but it's easier to just add them to the startup foler as Newt suggested.

Kreij, May 27, 2020
  4. New windows edge is in startup apps

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 27, 2020
Thema:

New windows edge is in startup apps

1. New windows edge is in startup apps - Similar Threads - edge startup apps

2. Microsoft Edge on startup apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge on startup apps: I noticed i had this set to on in startup apps since i dont use edge I am considering off switching it to off but i'd like to know what switching it to off actually doesedge DOESNT automatically open when i log in and my pc already starts up pretty quick so i'm wondering of...
  3. Microsoft Edge on startup apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge on startup apps: I noticed i had this set to on in startup apps since i dont use edge I am considering off switching it to off but i'd like to know what switching it to off actually doesedge DOESNT automatically open when i log in and my pc already starts up pretty quick so i'm wondering of...
  4. Microsoft Edge on startup apps

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Microsoft Edge startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Edge startup: How do I stop Microsoft Edge opening on windows 10 startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-startup/5aa682d6-a9b1-492b-af66-bfb57ca1bb59
  6. Windows 10 to get new Edge features and a new way to reset apps

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 to get new Edge features and a new way to reset apps: Microsoft has confirmed that they are working on at least two new Chromium Edge-focused multitasking features. In addition, Microsoft says it will finally allow users to reset and fix the broken UWP apps using a new PowerShell command “Reset-AppxPackage”. Access tabs for...
  7. The New Edge

in Browsers and Email
    The New Edge: Well, its seems like ice cubes may make it a few minutes in hell; I am using the new Edge and it seems to be working very well. Now mind you, I hate Chrome and Edge emulates it; but, it is much faster loading, switching pages, etc., so maybe I'll test-o it for awhile longer....
  8. New Edge

in Browsers and Email
    New Edge: seems quite good now I have customised it, solid, and fast. Spent a while in settings first though to eradicate some rubbish. 155260
  9. The new Edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The new Edge: I had to reset my laptop and I got the new version of Edge which I don't like . How can I go back to the older version ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-new-edge/8fcee68e-6a86-4968-8808-dfe12c0978dc
  10. windows says i need a new app to install edge. what app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows says i need a new app to install edge. what app?: windows says i need a new app to install edge. what app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/windows-says-i-need-a-new-app-to-install-edge-what/03a16a4a-65c1-4d38-81a1-ccc9c1888613