Windows 10: New windows install on locked surface pro with USB's disabled

Discus and support New windows install on locked surface pro with USB's disabled in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Trying to help a friend whose company bought some hardware from a company that went out of business. They have a surface pro running windows 10 that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by h8Entropy, Jun 1, 2019.

1. h8Entropy Win User

New windows install on locked surface pro with USB's disabled

Trying to help a friend whose company bought some hardware from a company that went out of business. They have a surface pro running windows 10 that was not unlocked, it boots to windows but they do not have accounts or admin password. USB's are disabled. Is there anything they can do to get a new windows 10 copy installed, or is this just a brick?

:)

h8Entropy, Jun 1, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, New windows install on locked surface pro with USB's disabled :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Jun 1, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Surface Connect to USB-C Adapter for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Announcing availability of the Surface Connect to USB-C Adapter for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Jun 1, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

1. New windows install on locked surface pro with USB's disabled - Similar Threads - install locked surface

2. Windows 11 install on new Surface Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 install on new Surface Pro: I'm trying to install Windows 11 on my new Surface Pro 8. I have an ISO image from my other Surface Pro. I boot the Surface Pro 8 using Windows Installation Media. The first Windows Installation screen appears. But I'm unable to advance to the next screen, regardless of which...
  3. Windows 11 install on new Surface Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 install on new Surface Pro: I'm trying to install Windows 11 on my new Surface Pro 8. I have an ISO image from my other Surface Pro. I boot the Surface Pro 8 using Windows Installation Media. The first Windows Installation screen appears. But I'm unable to advance to the next screen, regardless of which...
  4. Locked out of surface pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Locked out of surface pro: Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could help me. I was having a play around trying to attempt to get my facial recognition on my surface pro laptop. I was promted to uninstall the biometric driver and reinstall it. Unfortunately my laptop went to the home screen following the...
  5. New W10 Pro installation locks up.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New W10 Pro installation locks up.: Hi, Running 20H2 build 19042.867 Recently did a complete re installation on a news SSD From time to time it just stops. I have a few DCOM errors but one error pointed to possibly the Windows Driver Foundation so I went hunting. I cannot find WUDFSVC.dll on this...
  6. Surface Pro 7. Disable lock screen after wake

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Pro 7. Disable lock screen after wake: I've set up my Surface Pro 7 to automatically sign in after booting. I've set the "require sign in" option to never. I have disabled "show lock screen background picture on login screen" option. But Windows is still showing the lock screen when I wake the device. How do I...
  7. Surface Pro X USB to RS232 Installation Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro X USB to RS232 Installation Problem: Hi All, I am currently using a Microsoft Surface Pro X on Windows 10. I am struggling to a USB to Serial RS232 to install properly on the computer. I have tried StarTech ICUSB2321F and StarTech ICUSB232C, Moxa Uport 1110 and a FTDIChip US232R-100. None of them seem to work,...
  8. USB Not working on Surface Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    USB Not working on Surface Pro: I plug in a thumb drive to the only usb port and I get a message "the last usb used malfunctuned" and now nothing usb works. How do I fix this problem?...
  9. install norton antivirus on the new surface pro

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    install norton antivirus on the new surface pro: how can install norton antivirus on the new surface pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/install-norton-antivirus-on-the-new-surface-pro/7f2f854c-c89b-4214-8fc1-c42fdda1e13e"
  10. This is the new Microsoft Surface Pro

in Windows 10 News
    This is the new Microsoft Surface Pro: Microsoft is holding an event on Tuesday, May 23 in Shanghai, China where it will unveil a widely anticipated refresh of its Surface Pro 4 laptop-class Windows 10-powered tablet, known simply as the Surface Pro. But you won’t have to wait until then to check out the new model...