Windows 10: New Windows Installation created new user account and I can't link Documents, Pictures,...

Discus and support New Windows Installation created new user account and I can't link Documents, Pictures,... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I reinstalled WIndows 10 on my PC, but in doing this it created a new User account called 'Mail4.' My old user account was 'Brandon Pyle.' Both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Brandon Pyle, Mar 1, 2020.

1. New Windows Installation created new user account and I can't link Documents, Pictures,...

So I reinstalled WIndows 10 on my PC, but in doing this it created a new User account called 'Mail4.' My old user account was 'Brandon Pyle.' Both accounts show up in file explorer although the mail4 account is not registered as an account i can actually sign into and whatnot, it only shows up in file explorer.

Unfortunately, the Downloads, Pictures, Videos, etc. stock folders are linked to the mail4 account, so to access these folders from my Brandon Pyle account i have to navigate to C:/Users/Brandon Pyle/Documents instead of using the quick links.

So I decided to delete the folder associated with the mail4 account, but now when I click on the quick links for the documents folder and the other folders it gives an error that reads the folder is unavailable.

How do I fix this so when I click the Documents folder it automatically links to my Brandon Pyle account?

:)

Brandon Pyle, Mar 1, 2020

2. Am unable to create a new user. Accounts -> Add someone else to this PC options is not working to create a new account.

Hi Pawan,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the computer, sign-in and check with the status of this issue. As this might be a temporary issue.

Follow the below steps to create a new user account:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select User Accounts, click on Manage another account.
    • Select Add a new user in PC settings, click on
      Add someone else to this PC
      and follow onscreen instructions.
    Refer to: Create a local user account
    in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of creating a new user account for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 1, 2020
  3. New Account/User Issues

Hi,

When you create a new user account, Windows uses the Default user profile as a template to construct the files for the newly created user account. You might be experiencing issues creating new accounts due to a corrupt Default profile. To
    resolve the issue, we suggest reinstating the Default folder in the
    Users directory by following these steps:

• Open the C:\Users folder using Windows Explorer.
    • Rename the Default user profile folder to Default.OLD.
    • Download a zip of C:\Users\Default from a Windows 10 installation that doesn't have this problem.
    • Unzip the non-corrupt Default profile into C:\Users.
    • Try logging in to the new user account and check if the problem is resolved.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Mar 1, 2020
  4. New Windows Installation created new user account and I can't link Documents, Pictures,...

Unable to create new User account

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you logged in with a Microsoft account or Local account?

• Are you trying to create new user account using Administrator account?
    I suggest you to run SFC scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files

Run the System File Checker (SFC) scan to fix any corrupted files. Follow these steps:

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833?wa=wsignin1.0

Please get back to us with the information required, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

New Windows Installation created new user account and I can't link Documents, Pictures,...

1. New Windows Installation created new user account and I can't link Documents, Pictures,... - Similar Threads - Installation created user

2. Create a new documents or pictures folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create a new documents or pictures folder: Hi, I accidentally deleted documents and pictures folder from C:\Users\"My User"\I guess you can not just create a folder there and you have to do something with the registry, but I'm not sure what to do?I want the documents and pictures folder back :...
  3. Create a new documents or pictures folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create a new documents or pictures folder: Hi, I accidentally deleted documents and pictures folder from C:\Users\"My User"\I guess you can not just create a folder there and you have to do something with the registry, but I'm not sure what to do?I want the documents and pictures folder back :...
  4. Create new User account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create new User account: Split from this thread. Greetings and happy new year to you, Greg, Master of Windows 10! Would you do me the honor or assisting me with any advice how to repair my very LIGHT corrupted user in Win 10. I want to keep all the "links" the user has. My outlook mails mostly...
  5. Can't create new file in Documents directory.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't create new file in Documents directory.: Hi all, From some day weeks ago, I strangely found that I can not create new files in my Document directory and some other directories (e.g. Desktop) using some applications. Check this screenshot out. [ATTACH] Here's some further information I can provide: Creating new...
  6. can't create new user account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't create new user account: win 10 installed on a cow chip labeled ASUS. I can't create a new account. Only have one admin account, The tab to create a new user is missing. Tried to create one through Settings. Get message the snapin cannot be used. All this started when I tried to give read only rights...
  7. Can't Create A New User Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Create A New User Windows 10.: Whenever I try to create a new user in the windows settings, I get a popup that says that I need to choose an app to open this in, when I select yes, nothing happens, when I press no, the popup goes away. I have no idea what to do....
  8. new user account can't see pictures

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    new user account can't see pictures: I created a new user account for my spouse but we aren't able to access pics that are on the computer. I can't figure it out, any help appreciated. 93154
  9. Can't create a new local user account

Can't create a new local user account: I use a local Administrator level account, not a Microsoft account and am trying to create a new local user account to do some testing, but it doesn't work. When I click on Add someone else to this PC, I get a grey box for a second which goes away and that's it. No error,...
  10. Unable to Create New User Account

Unable to Create New User Account: I have tried creating a new User Account but like the Start Menu, it just won't open. Anyone else had this problem? 15808