Windows 10: New windows laptop connection issues only to cnn.com

Discus and support New windows laptop connection issues only to cnn.com in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a brand new Dell XPS 13 9370. It is working perfectly with one exception: I have problems connecting to https://www.cnn.com. With Edge, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by davelasker, Dec 11, 2018.

1. New windows laptop connection issues only to cnn.com

I have a brand new Dell XPS 13 9370. It is working perfectly with one exception: I have problems connecting to https://www.cnn.com.

With Edge, it fails 100% of the time with the error: Can’t connect securely to this page. This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner.

Google Chrome fails to connect about 75% of the time, but is able to connect about 25% of the time. When it fails, I get the error message: This site can't be reached. The connection was reset. Try: Checking the connection, Checking the proxy and the firewall, Running Windows Network Diagnostics. ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

Firefox fails to connect about half the time, and is able to connect about half of the time. When it fails, I get the error: Secure Connection Failed. The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading. The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified. Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

The computer was shipped with McAfee anti-virus. I thought that might be the cause of the problem, so I uninstalled it. That didn't fix the problem. Disabling Windows Defender doesn't fix the problem. InternetO to use TLS 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2 are all checked. SSL 3.0 was unchecked, but checking it didn't fix the problem. I added cnn.com as a trusted site with low security, which didn't fix the problem.

I am able to duplicate the problem in multiple locations so I don't think it's a LAN configuration issue. Other Windows 10 PCs in the same location don't have the problem. And I don't think it's a CNN problem; if CNN's website had a problem I think I would see that when searching the web.

Any suggestions how to diagnose the problem would be appreciated.

:)

davelasker, Dec 11, 2018

2. CNN App Opens and Then Closes

Of late, the CNN app opens but closes after selecting the news story I wish to read. This is occurring on my phone as well as my wife's. We have tried rebooting and also reinstalling the CNN app but the behavior is still noted. We both use the Nokia
    822 and don't see this issue with other apps at the present time. Since CNN is my favorite news app, I would love to get this remedied. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Da Hokester, Dec 11, 2018
  3. Cnn App no longer available

Thank you for your reply. I ran the troubleshooter and the response was that the Windows Store cache may be damaged. It then ran Reset and open windows store, then I received the response that it had not been fixed. The report is attached.

In the meantime, I was talking to Dell, and they suggested I uninstall the CNN, and then reinstall from the Play Store, however I could not find the same version of CNN, so I downloaded Simple CNN Newreader - I do not like it as much as the original, and
    still it does not show up with all the stories listed on the link of notifications in the lower right hand corner. Thank you for your help and I look forward to your response.

GaeLinfoot, Dec 11, 2018
  4. New windows laptop connection issues only to cnn.com

connect new laptop to old printer

Hi Yon,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about adding a printer to your device. We will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted or outdated printer drivers after upgrade to Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if the drivers are compatible to Windows 10 Operating System?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps you to add the printer.

Step 1: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

Follow:

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to check the status of
    Print Spooler service and check.

Print Spooler service, spools print service and handles interactions with the printer.
    If you turn off this service you won’t be able to print or see your printer.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for Printer Spooler service, right click on it and
      Start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Now check if you are able to install the driver.

Step 3: I suggest you to refer to the below thread, check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Greg Carmack - MS MVP
    on January 10, 2016 and check if it helps.

Unable to connect my Printer to Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 11, 2018
Thema:

New windows laptop connection issues only to cnn.com

1. New windows laptop connection issues only to cnn.com - Similar Threads - laptop connection issues

2. windows 11 com port issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 com port issue: I am trying to program radios with my computer. I upgraded to windows 11 from windows 10 and i have been getting errors that the com port is not recognized or an error message, How do i resolve this issue?...
  3. windows 11 com port issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 com port issue: I am trying to program radios with my computer. I upgraded to windows 11 from windows 10 and i have been getting errors that the com port is not recognized or an error message, How do i resolve this issue?...
  4. New laptop keeps having internet connection issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New laptop keeps having internet connection issues: Like the title says, my laptop keeps having issues connecting to the internet and I'm at a loss.A little over a month ago, I moved into a new apartment with a new wifi network and for whatever reason my laptop just does not seem to want to connect to it. It will be connected...
  5. New laptop issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New laptop issues: Just recently purchased a new ASUS laptop with Windows 10 and I keep repeatly getting a popup message from Windows giving me the option to either delete all apps from my computer and save my personal files, or to delete all apps and personal files from my computer. There is...
  6. com port issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    com port issues: I am an amateur radio operator, I have two radios hooked up to two different com ports, there are additional programs that need to access these radios, N1MM logging software, SKCC logging software, and a few other programs. I shut everything down before I turn off my...
  7. CNN video won't load

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CNN video won't load: After this last Windows 10 update, videos won't load on CNN. I usually don't care for video if there is text. However, I really, really need to see cute puppies running around the Georgia aquarium. It would be helpful to dumb down the changes updates make for those of us...
  8. Com Port Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Com Port Issue: Added Com port to windows 10 from legacy add option and got the error message below when I try to use the device: Windows cannot determine the settings for this device. Consult the documentation that came with this device and use the Resource tab to set the configuration....
  9. New windows laptop connection issues only to cnn.com

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New windows laptop connection issues only to cnn.com: I have a brand new Dell XPS 13 9370. It is working perfectly with one exception: I have problems connecting to https://www.cnn.com. With Edge, it fails 100% of the time with the error: Can’t connect securely to this page. This might be because the site uses outdated or...
  10. CNN app for Windows is dead

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CNN app for Windows is dead: Used to use it quite often. Noticed it has been dead for about a week or so then started searching to see what's going on. This is what I found: http://www.windowscentral.com/cnn-re...ne-app-july-18 Another app gone from the already pathetic Windows Store... 56968