Windows 10: New Windows OEM key not working after rebuilding my PC

Discus and support New Windows OEM key not working after rebuilding my PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hey I've just recently upgraded just about everything, minus my hardrive, ssd, and graphics card. I knew I needed to buy a new OEM version of windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Girn, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Girn Win User

New Windows OEM key not working after rebuilding my PC

Hey I've just recently upgraded just about everything, minus my hardrive, ssd, and graphics card. I knew I needed to buy a new OEM version of windows 10 so I went ahead and bought windows 10 Pro OEM from walmart. However it does not appear to be working, I keep getting the error code 0xc004f050. I tried running the troubleshooter but that won't work either and I don't have any updates pending.

:)

2. Windows 7 OEM key

Does anyone know how to get a OEM(Toshiba) windows 7 key to work on another PC? Contacted Microsoft to help and they wasted an hour of my time.

PoptartBoi, Mar 28, 2021
  3. Question On OEM Windows clean install......

"Flavors" of Windows licenses

Windows can be a little "odd" about license keys. There are at least 4 categories:
    • Retail
    • OEM
    • Volume (electronic download)
    • Corporate (no key needed)
    For guaranteed success, the license key and media should be in the same category. If you have retail media, you may not be able to install it using an OEM or Volume license key, even though the key is valid for that version of Windows. *Wtf :wtf: Apparently, this is part of Microsoft's anti-piracy scheme (i.e., all customers are guilty until proven innocent).

Static~Charge, Mar 28, 2021
  4. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done New Windows OEM key not working after rebuilding my PC :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

1. New Windows OEM key not working after rebuilding my PC - Similar Threads - OEM key working

2. My BIOS OEM key doesnt work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My BIOS OEM key doesnt work: So I found a windows 10 pro key online, I went in the activation, disabled my wifi and activated it, then restarted my pc and it said something about not having a license, so now im trying to go back to my original windows 10 home by entering my BIOS OEM key and then when I...
  3. My BIOS OEM key doesnt work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My BIOS OEM key doesnt work: So I found a windows 10 pro key online, I went in the activation, disabled my wifi and activated it, then restarted my pc and it said something about not having a license, so now im trying to go back to my original windows 10 home by entering my BIOS OEM key and then when I...
  4. Rebuilding my pc after hardware failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Rebuilding my pc after hardware failure: Hi Team, I can’t get through to a live agent support after hours of sitting in Q with virtual agent and the phone # says they’ve moved their support online... yay! Long story short, my pc failed last summer and I bought new components over the holidays. My Windows 10 key is...
  5. Rebuilding my No1 PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Rebuilding my No1 PC: I am rebuilding my No.1 PC/Workstation because instability. It reboots every 5-10mins. It seems it is the MB or CPU causing the reboot. Problem is that it is not stable enough for me to create a USB installation file using the Media Creation Tool. Usually reboots sometime in...
  6. No audio after rebuilding my pc with brand new windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio after rebuilding my pc with brand new windows 10 Pro: Windows 10 Professional Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041 Complete rebuild and brand new installation Took over 7 hours for Windows to clean my hard drive and install windows 10 Pro 19041 to a clean drive . All I want to do is to restore my audio to my output for my...
  7. Rebuild my PC...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Rebuild my PC...: I have a PC that came with windows 8 and I upgraded while it was free to Windows 10 PRO. I need to flatten it and reload windows. Will I lose my license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rebuild-my-pc/d9a9be3e-9869-42e0-87ff-e435ee581992
  8. PC rebuild and Windows key code

PC rebuild and Windows key code: My PC was upgraded from W7 to W10 about a year ago over the internet for free. The PC has now failed and needs a new mother brd and processor etc but will retain the HDs. The repairer has told me that he needs the key code to reactivate W10 in the new set up or he will charge...
  9. Windows OEM key stopped working?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows OEM key stopped working?: So basically. It all happened a few months ago while i changed something in my motherboard settings, i simply switched the cool and quiet for my ryzen processor off. It then said the key was expired for no reason at all? This is a prebuilt computer and the store that build...
  10. Transferring Non-OEM Windows 10 key to a new PC

Transferring Non-OEM Windows 10 key to a new PC: Hello! I recently built a new PC, and would like to transfer the current Windows license (on the computer that I am typing this on), to the new one. I'm having trouble finding the product key. The standard way of finding it, thru admin command prompt, is not working. Are...