Windows 10: New Windows setup rebooting at region selection

Discus and support New Windows setup rebooting at region selection in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I just build with/for my daughter a new computer though there are some issues we are running into. The computer powers up normally. In BIOS,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PurMar, Jan 5, 2020.

1. PurMar Win User

New Windows setup rebooting at region selection

Hello,

I just build with/for my daughter a new computer though there are some issues we are running into.

The computer powers up normally. In BIOS, everything looks fine, memory is recognized, CPU is fine, HD detected....

We were able to install windows on the only M2 HD drive.

We connected a USB mouse and a USB keyboard.

The installation starts and upon selecting the US region, the computer restarts on the click of the mouse. At one point we were able to go all the way to the selection of WiFi the motherboard has built-in WiFi, but a click of the mouse also caused a reboot. We tried to avoid the mouse and use the keyboard only, but with "next" the PC rebooted again.

Booting from the Windows CD disc and selecting repair did not offer any repair. Basically it says that no repair found or something similar.

At this point we cannot move forward. Any advice on what is this about and how to fix it?

Thank you

:)

PurMar, Jan 5, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 5, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Jan 5, 2020
  4. New Windows setup rebooting at region selection

Cortana isn't supported in the region or language you've selected.

Ok Hi Guys,

there's a problem with the mic recognition setup on many setups. On my laptop this is how i got it to work after it just said it wasn't avail in my region. which is bollocks cos i'm UK.

Step 1

Know where your mic is located:
    In Recording Devices: Double click your mic, Goto Levels Tab; Push 30+ dB Boost: Goto Listen Tab click to listen to this device, click apply (not OK). talk loudly all around your case until you hear your voice clear and loud from the speakers or headphones.

Step 2

Run Mic Setup in Settings-Time & Language-Speech:
    Run Get Started: When it asks you to speak literally SHOUT into the mic with your lips touching the case. it will complete, click finish.

Step 3

Turn on Cortana where it used to say region not supported with the slider. Boom!

Worked on 3 devices so far with realtek not supported mics.

Once it's calibrated you can resume normal sitting position and talk loud and clear and she works fine.

It may take you through the mic setup again, just repeat shouting at it from very close like above and finish.

Hope this actually helps some people!

Peace

Robbie

Feel free to share and link this post around the net

nonspacial, Jan 5, 2020
Thema:

New Windows setup rebooting at region selection

1. New Windows setup rebooting at region selection - Similar Threads - setup rebooting region

2. Unable to Select Simplified Chinese in "Language and Region" Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Select Simplified Chinese in "Language and Region" Settings: Hi, everyone,I'm experiencing an issue with my "Language and Region" settings on my Microsoft device. I am unable to select "Simplified Chinese" as an option in "Add a language" because it appears to be grayed out. I've tried the solutions provided in Cannot select simplified...
  3. Windows 10 install freezing and hanging at “select region” part.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 install freezing and hanging at “select region” part.: Pre install of windows 10 “copying files, installing files, installing updates, finishing up”Works perfectly fine without any lag, crashes, or hanging. But once i get into the actual setup of the OS, every time i move my mouse, and or click enter on my keyboard, it hangs,...
  4. Windows 10 install freezing and hanging at “select region” part.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 install freezing and hanging at “select region” part.: Pre install of windows 10 “copying files, installing files, installing updates, finishing up”Works perfectly fine without any lag, crashes, or hanging. But once i get into the actual setup of the OS, every time i move my mouse, and or click enter on my keyboard, it hangs,...
  5. Windows 10 install freezing and hanging at “select region” part.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Windows 10 Recovery stuck at the Basics Region Selection Screen

Windows 10 Recovery stuck at the Basics Region Selection Screen: Hi, I'm in the process of recovering my MS Surface Laptop 3. Don't have the myrecoverykey. Created a Restore USB drive from Windows 10 on another laptop. Downloaded the recovery image SurfaceLaptop3_BMR_12_6.106.0 from MS web site. Copied all the files from recovery image...
  7. Hardware Profile Selection Setup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hardware Profile Selection Setup: I'm not quite sure where to begin with this, but here goes. Small business with currently 4 employees. We have multiple printers and scanners that are all connected to one headless unit. Typically that unit stays logged into my profile (security timeout so it's still secure)....
  8. Region and Languge tab in setup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Region and Languge tab in setup: Dear MS Team, My computer runs Windows 10 home edition. The problem I have is that in setup the region and language tab is empty and I cannot add or delete a language. I have 3 language keyboards to choose from: English (UK) English (USA) Hebrew...
  9. Bios HDD Reboot and Select... Windows

Bios HDD Reboot and Select... Windows: Hi, Ive been troubleshooting this problem for hours and hours and have not been able to find a solution. I had recently upgraded to Windows 10 from USB Installation using Windows Media Creator. I got an SSD NVMe M.2 to switch windows over to this morning before finding out...
  10. DVD player settings - region selection & # of changes limitation

in Windows 10 Support
    DVD player settings - region selection & # of changes limitation: Hello, Under the properties of my dvd player PLDS DVD-RW DH16AESH I reside in the US and currently there is no region selected. Under properties > Region there are a couple of paragraphs with information that some dvd's require the dvd player to be set for a specific...