Windows 10: New windows store apps won't launch

Discus and support New windows store apps won't launch in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I got a new hard drive so I downloaded a few gamepass games on the windows store, none of them has worked so far. Some just do nothing when launched by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Foodle_, Apr 15, 2020.

1. New windows store apps won't launch

I got a new hard drive so I downloaded a few gamepass games on the windows store, none of them has worked so far. Some just do nothing when launched by the store, Xbox beta app or desktop and others flash an icon on the taskbar when opened. I tried moving them onto a different drive and they still don't work but all the games and apps I already had installed work fine even when moved onto the new hard drive.
    Any help appreciated.

submitted by /u/Foodle_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Foodle_, Apr 15, 2020

2. Get Windows 10 App won´t launch

Hello all,

I hope someone can help me. Finally after a lot of manual updates, my Get Windows 10 app is showing in the taskbar.

However, now when I left click it, right click Get Windows 10, right click Check your Update status, the app launches and immediately closes down again.

The options Go to Windows Update and Get to know Windows 10 do work.

Just the app won´t launch. Anyone ideas?

Windows 7 Home Premium

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz

8.00 GB RAM

64-bit operating system

JorisKurstjens, Apr 15, 2020
  3. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Apr 15, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

New windows store apps won't launch

Unable to launch Microsoft Store and Microsoft store apps.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how it could be when the applications doesn’t work as they are supposed to. We will look into this. However, please reply to the following questions to help you in a better way:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Are you aware of any changes made on the computer recently?

In the meantime, I suggest you to follow the steps from the article
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    to fix the issues with the Microsoft apps that are not launching. Also, follow the steps from the article

Microsoft Store doesn't launch
    to fix the issues you are facing in launching Store.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

New windows store apps won't launch

1. New windows store apps won't launch - Similar Threads - store apps won't

2. Microsoft Store and Photo App won't launch

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store and Photo App won't launch: Microsoft store and Photo App WON"T launch. I can see the icons are "pinned" but they do not open when clicked. Microsoft Store: Shows in the start menu - but cannot click on it / does not launch Photos: Icon is pinned to desktop but does not openMissing from start menu -...
  3. Microsoft Store and Apps won't launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store and Apps won't launch: My windows store and apps won't open, I have already tried to reinstall through powershell both the store itself and all the apps but it still doesn't work. I have also tried to reset and repair the apps through settings but it does not work as well....
  4. Microsoft Store-Apps won't launch

Microsoft Store-Apps won't launch: WX version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.985) Thank you all for the assistance! Tried to run the commands posted here via PowerShell, w/ admin, but still not luck. Microsoft Store tried to open but it disappears quick, other APPs like Photos won't launch at all. Recently upgraded to...
  5. Microsoft App store won't launch on windows 10 pro

Microsoft App store won't launch on windows 10 pro: Hi there , I am experiencing annoying problems, my surface book 2 App store, Maps ,weather app, camera.. won't launch. After trying many suggestions and solutions from this forum, I backup my files and reset windows 10 for my surface book- result is the same after...
  6. Windows store apps will not launch

Windows store apps will not launch: I cannot launch any windows store apps. Store, Snip 'n sketch and feedback up are not operational. none of these apps show up in Apps and Features in Settings. I have installed 2020-04 update and am current on all updates....
  7. Windows Store won't install new apps or launch Forza Horizon 4

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Store won't install new apps or launch Forza Horizon 4: I play some games on PC that I got from the Win10 store - Mainly Forza, both FM7 and FH4. Lately I've been unable to download FM7 (it stops at pending and won't move, it's been at this status for a few days now) or launch FH4 (the game just holds on the splash screen before...
  8. Windows Store Won't Launch

Windows Store Won't Launch: No matter what I have tried, my Microsoft store won't open. I ran the troubleshooter and it said that I have been signed in with a temporary profile and that Windows can't save my work or settings. How do I solve this?[ATTACH]...
  9. Windows Store Apps Won't Launch (Win10 Update 1903)

Windows Store Apps Won't Launch (Win10 Update 1903): None of my apps from the Windows Store will launch, nor can I download most things from the windows store. The processes launch (according to task manager), and then immediately close. My PC has all current (as of 10/26) windows updates. Windows 10 Pro with Update 1903. I...
  10. Store Apps won't launch

Store Apps won't launch: So after the yesterday's upgrade to Windows 10, I decided to download it again and make an USB for a fresh installation. Done that. But after I booted into the OS, I noticed that Store Apps won't launch at all. Even the defaults like Mail and Music and everything 'metro'. I...