Windows 10: New Windows update affecting my pc performance

Discus and support New Windows update affecting my pc performance in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The new Windows Update has drastically affected my PC's performance. It's lagging a lot, programms keeps saying Not Responding, laptop takes too long... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/far_from_earth, Nov 5, 2020.

1. New Windows update affecting my pc performance

The new Windows Update has drastically affected my PC's performance. It's lagging a lot, programms keeps saying Not Responding, laptop takes too long to turn on, keeps freezing. None of these problems were there before this new update. Is there anyway i can once again improve my PC performance?

submitted by /u/far_from_earth
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/far_from_earth, Nov 5, 2020
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Nov 5, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond New Windows update affecting my pc performance :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 5, 2020
  4. New Windows update affecting my pc performance

Windows 10 update has affected my PC ability to see wifi and very slow

Hi Carolyn,

Based on the details that you have shared in your post, the issue has started after the latest Windows update. It's possible that there have been changes that occurred in the settings that may have affected your Wi-Fi connection and the computer's overall
    performance. For us to better assist you, we would like to ask for more details regarding your concern.

• What specific update have you installed prior to the issue? To check, follow these steps: Open
      Settings app > Update & security > View installed update history.
    • When you mentioned that your computer does not recognize your Wi-Fi, does that also mean it does not detect other Wi-Fi connection available?
    • To isolate the issue, we'd also like to know if the technician has tried any troubleshooting steps to address the Wi-Fi and slow performance issue.

In the meantime, kindly refer to the articles below for initial troubleshooting and let us know if there's an improvement.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

New Windows update affecting my pc performance

1. New Windows update affecting my pc performance - Similar Threads - update affecting performance

2. will windows 11 affect my laptop's performance?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    will windows 11 affect my laptop's performance?: i want to update my laptop to windows 11 but im afraid it will affect my laptop's performance so, will it affect my laptop performance?my specs are : Ryzen 3 3250u ram 8 memory ssd 512 gb amd radeon graphics...
  3. will windows 11 affect my laptop's performance?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    will windows 11 affect my laptop's performance?: i want to update my laptop to windows 11 but im afraid it will affect my laptop's performance so, will it affect my laptop performance?my specs are : Ryzen 3 3250u ram 8 memory ssd 512 gb amd radeon graphics...
  4. Windows update 21H1 is affecting gaming performance.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update 21H1 is affecting gaming performance.: I've spent thousands of dollars for a new computer & hardware, only for 2 years of performance. What is the point of spending all this money for a high-end computer, if it only lasts until a windows 10 update or graphics driver screws up the performance? The 21h1 update has...
  5. StartMenuExperienceHost.exe affect performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    StartMenuExperienceHost.exe affect performance: My operating system version is WINDOWS 10 VERSION 1909 / 18363.900 StartMenuExperienceHost.exe is eating up almost all of my Memory/Ram! If anyone comes up with a solution to this problem, please let me know!!! Thanks...
  6. I did a fresh restart in the Windows insider build and my pc's performance was affected

in Windows 10 Customization
    I did a fresh restart in the Windows insider build and my pc's performance was affected: I was trying out the new build in the Windows Insider program and saw that my CPU and memory usage where to high. I later proceeded to make a reset. I didn't know until now that i could go back to a stable version. Later on playing online games and browsing i noticed that my...
  7. Does dual-booting affect windows performance?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does dual-booting affect windows performance?: Note: This question is because I'm trying to diagnose the cause for low performance. Personal context: I have been using windows forever, and around 5 years back I started using ubuntu because of school and now job related work. I have also dual-booted many systems and they...
  8. Google Updater affects Laptop performance

Google Updater affects Laptop performance: It appears that Google Updating service is affecting the performance of my lsptop. I have removed Google Chrome but the Google Updating Service is still showing in msconfig. When i disable the two entries the Laptop works perfectly. Please advise how they can be removed....
  9. New windows update fixed my PC performance issues

New windows update fixed my PC performance issues: I had issues about my PC performance with WIN 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-my-old-computers-faster-than-my-new-hp/4abea7fd-b3fa-44f7-9fa4-b14db834943a When I updated to the new windows version last night the performance issues were gone...
  10. Wlanext.exe crashes on PC start - does not seem to affect performance.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wlanext.exe crashes on PC start - does not seem to affect performance.: Hi I recently bought a TP Link Archer T9UH Wireless adapter to provide 5 ghz connectivity for my Dell Inspiron PC, which only has internal 2.4 ghz. It mostly seems to work fine, though very occasionally I need to restart the PC because it has not connected on startup. If I...