Windows 10: New Windows update bricked my device

Discus and support New Windows update bricked my device in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! I have an MSI and yesterday after many many notifications that my device requires an update I finally gave in and clicked on Update Now.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CJElobara, Apr 15, 2020.

1. CJElobara Win User

New Windows update bricked my device

Hello!

I have an MSI and yesterday after many many notifications that my device requires an update I finally gave in and clicked on Update Now. Everything went fine until my laptop restarted and I was hit with the infamous blue screen YOUR DEVICE RAN INTO A PROBLEM AND NEEDS TO..... with each time a different stop code here are some I managed to remember MEMORY_MANAGEMENT/ DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. Then I was hit with the IT LOOKS LIKE WINDOWS DIDN'T LOAD CORRECTLY and I was left with the choice SEE REPAIR OPTIONS or RESTART MY PC. Now I know after various attempts that restarting my laptop doesn't solve it. So I clicked SEE REPAIR OPTIONS > TROUBLESHOOT > RESET THIS PC > REMOVE EVERYTHING. That didn't work as well basically everything I tried didn't work, a restore point, uninstalling update, reset to MSI factory, startup repair,... I tried contacting the support center but the virtual assistant was obviously no help at all. Was looking for a way to contact via e-mail however I couldn't find one for them. I somehow found a number that I will be calling tomorrow. I really need help, I don't understand much of what's happening and how I can possibly fix it. Here are some more info about my device and windows product.

- Windows 10 Home version 1903

- OS Build 10.0.18362.720

- MSI GF63 8RD

- 16GB RAM

:)

CJElobara, Apr 15, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond New Windows update bricked my device :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 15, 2020
  3. Lumia 520 bricked by Windows Phone Recovery Tool

As farby said, did you get the updated version AND verify the versions number as explained in post linked to?

So while the cause of the failure is know and the application is fixed there is no guarantee that a an already bricked phone will recover with the new version. Also I suggest you post your questions and results in the linked post as it is most likely the
    team working on this will post updates and see your responses.

Paul van der Heu, Apr 15, 2020
  4. New Windows update bricked my device

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

New Windows update bricked my device

1. New Windows update bricked my device - Similar Threads - update bricked device

2. New Windows update bricked my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Windows update bricked my pc: I don't know what version it was exactly, but whatever mandatory update that Windows forced my pc to do broke my pc. My pc was working perfectly fine, then one day I left my PC on while I was laying in bed and when I got back on my PC it was still on, but I couldn't get it to...
  3. New Windows update bricked my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Windows update bricked my pc: I don't know what version it was exactly, but whatever mandatory update that Windows forced my pc to do broke my pc. My pc was working perfectly fine, then one day I left my PC on while I was laying in bed and when I got back on my PC it was still on, but I couldn't get it to...
  4. New Windows update bricked my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Transfer Windows licence from bricked device to new device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Windows licence from bricked device to new device.: Hi,I've been in contact with tech support for months and they claim that it is impossible, but I refuse to believe that Windows does not have a protocol to deal with licence transfers from damaged devices.I bought a Windows 11 licence through the Windows store, activated it...
  6. Transfer Windows licence from bricked device to new device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer Windows licence from bricked device to new device.: Hi,I've been in contact with tech support for months and they claim that it is impossible, but I refuse to believe that Windows does not have a protocol to deal with licence transfers from damaged devices.I bought a Windows 11 licence through the Windows store, activated it...
  7. Window's update bricked my PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Window's update bricked my PC: My PC updated last night. Turned it on today and it fails to boot windows and i get the beep code for a keyboard error. I removed the keyboard and checked for bent pins but the problem persisted. Can't help but think it was the update. 142025
  8. Windows update bricked my computer

Windows update bricked my computer: After installing the latest update, my computer is giving me 4 options, continue, use a device, troubleshoot, and turn off your pc. I have tried everything, and nothing works. I have tried reseting my pc, got an error, I tried resetting my pc and wiping my files, got an...
  9. New Silex malware is bricking IoT devices

in Windows 10 News
    New Silex malware is bricking IoT devices: A new strain of malware is wiping the firmware of IoT devices in attacks reminiscent of the old BrickerBot malware that destroyed millions of devices back in 2017. Named Silex, this malware began operating earlier today, about three-four hours before this article's...
  10. New update bricked my computer

New update bricked my computer: This morning my computer worked perfectly fine. Then i installed an update and now my computer doesn’t work anymore. I believe it corrupted my start up files. Tried to restart from backup and it doesn’t work ether. Now it turns on and i enter the administrative password and...