Windows 10: New Windows update closes programs upon returning from sleep mode

Discus and support New Windows update closes programs upon returning from sleep mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Yet another problem with the new Windows update (1903). Often, when it returns from sleep mode, it closes several of my programs or apps. Sometimes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TimBrown957, Sep 4, 2019.

1. New Windows update closes programs upon returning from sleep mode

Yet another problem with the new Windows update (1903).

Often, when it returns from sleep mode, it closes several of my programs or apps. Sometimes it does this, sometimes it doesn't.

:)

TimBrown957, Sep 4, 2019
  2. eodowney Win User

Windows 10 Closing All Programs in Sleep Mode

I updated my computer yesterday and now whenever it goes into sleep mode, it closes all open programs. Hybrid sleep isn't allowed so that's not the issue. It's very annoying because the whole point of me not shutting it down is that I can keep my programs
    open.

eodowney, Sep 4, 2019
  3. Ar Rom Win User
    Windows 10 sleep mode closes all programs

Hi Richard,

The issue regarding the sleep mode closing your programs might be due to missing or corrupted system files that have occurred when you updated Windows. We recommend that you use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot this concern. To perform a System
    File Checker scan, follow the steps on this
    link

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Ar Rom, Sep 4, 2019
  4. New Windows update closes programs upon returning from sleep mode

Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

New Windows update closes programs upon returning from sleep mode

1. New Windows update closes programs upon returning from sleep mode - Similar Threads - update closes programs

2. programs reopen upon close

in Windows 10 Customization
    programs reopen upon close: Hi guys, I have a question about my PC with win10. Every time when I close a program ex Word, Skype, Zoom, it will automatically reopen again. I will have to close it the second time in order to close it completely. Please help, it is annoying. Thanks in advance!...
  3. Windows 11 Not Returning From Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Not Returning From Sleep Mode: Hi GuysI'm having issues with a new build specs as below.Processor 12th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-12700KF 3.60 GHz Installed RAM 64.0 GB 63.8 GB usable Device ID FB446C71-05C1-402A-B911-10B514086F2A Product ID 00326-10000-00000-AA642 System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based...
  4. Windows 11 Not Returning From Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Not Returning From Sleep Mode: Hi GuysI'm having issues with a new build specs as below.Processor 12th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-12700KF 3.60 GHz Installed RAM 64.0 GB 63.8 GB usable Device ID FB446C71-05C1-402A-B911-10B514086F2A Product ID 00326-10000-00000-AA642 System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based...
  5. Windows 10 closing applications upon sleep or coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 closing applications upon sleep or coming out of sleep mode: This questions was asked her, but has been locked and there is no solution yet. So I am asking it again so we can find a solution....
  6. Programs close upon sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Programs close upon sleep: So whether my pc goes to sleep on it’s own or I set it to sleep, whenever I wake it back up all my programs were closed. I googled, YouTubed, reached out to a tech, etc and tried following everything. I still can find the fix. I just built the pc a couple of days ago. Any...
  7. windows slowdown at return from sleep mode and hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    windows slowdown at return from sleep mode and hibernate: Windows 10 Pro 1909 (OS Build 18363.535) MSI GE73 Raider RGB 8RE since about the December cumulative update for windows 10, when I wake the system, the login screen is acting like I am running windows on a 20 year old machine, not one less than a year old. the cursor...
  8. WiFi connection always lost upon return from sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi connection always lost upon return from sleep: This concerns a desktop computer in our home, Windows 10 Pro, v1903, build xxxxx.476 We have lots of devices constantly or often on our home wifi - Windows 7 and 10 computers, Apple products, "smart" thermostat, and iphone and Android devices. Generally no issues. But one...
  9. Return From Sleep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Return From Sleep: My pc goes into sleep mode after 15 minutes, when I then press the spacebar to return to normal operation I get a random picture on screen, plus so odd overlayed messages. Then press enter and it asks for a password, press enter again and it logs in and goes back to normal -...
  10. Returning from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Returning from sleep: I have rather a strange problem. On returning from sleep mode when I open a program (any program) the PC will open multi copies of the program that I've clicked on. Taskbar won't open. Windows is up to date and my bios has been patched. Tried uninstalling KB4056892 - no...