Windows 10: New windows update crashed my whole computer (nov 2018)

Discus and support New windows update crashed my whole computer (nov 2018) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hello, my custom built computer was working just fine before i accepted the newest Microsoft update. After the lengthy update, my computer took a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by willy4221, Nov 24, 2018.

1. willy4221 Win User

New windows update crashed my whole computer (nov 2018)

hello,

my custom built computer was working just fine before i accepted the newest Microsoft update. After the lengthy update, my computer took a long time to boot up and once i type my password in i get an error that my "computer cant be found." and i'm left with a black screen with only my cursor and the recycling bin on the screen.

i was wondering is what exactly happend? and if there some sort of fix to this or should i just take my pc in and have it repaired?

its highly frustrating, and would like some answers thank you!

:)

willy4221, Nov 24, 2018
  2. yangwu90 Win User

Multiple BSOD Crashes After April 2018 Windows 10 Update

I recently updated my new HP Envy 13t ultrabook (bought Feb 2018) to the April 2018 Windows 10 update (OS Version 1803, build 17134.1), and since then the computer has had multiple BSOD crashes. The stop code
    errors for these crashes includes everything from:

• UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION
    • CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
    • SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    • MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    • KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (dxgknl.sys failure).
    There are also instances when the disk space has been stuck on 100% for no apparent reason, even when only running 1 or 2 programs. The computer seems to crash on varying random occasions (even when the computer
    is asleep), and I have not been able to pinpoint the causes for these failures. I have tried everything from:

• running full computer scans (both on Windows Defender and pre-installed McAfee. No malware or virus was found),
    • disabling/uninstalling the pre-installed anti-virus software,
    • running SFC (no integrity violations found),
    • checking for errors and optimizing/defragmenting the hard drives,
    • updating every single driver through Device Manager,
    • updating HP drivers,
    • installing a couple PC scanners and trying to manually resolve issues, and
    • even running a clean Windows 10 update through "Reset this PC" recovery tool,
    but nothing has seemed to work as I continue to have these frustrating random crashes. I have barely installed any new software and the crashes only started occurring after upgrading to the new Windows 10 update.

I am asking the community for any tips or suggestions on how I may combat my computer issues and resolve my BSOD crashes. Thank you all in advance for help.

yangwu90, Nov 24, 2018
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Nov 24, 2018
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 10 April 2018 Update(SCU) Partially Breaks MKV File Support?

I updated to main computer to the April 2018 Update, AKA Spring Creators Update, and it seems like they've taken a step backward with MKV file support. When I go into the properties of an MKV file on the Fall Creators Update, if I go to the details tab it gives me a bunch of detail about he media file, like resolution, framerate, audio information and bitrate. However, if I go into the same file's properties on the April 2018 Update, almost all of the information is blank, it only gives me a runtime and bitrate.

I really just want to confirm that this isn't just my computer and other's are experiencing the same thing.

FCU:

New windows update crashed my whole computer (nov 2018) fcu-png.png

April 2018 Update:

New windows update crashed my whole computer (nov 2018) scu-png.png

newtekie1, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

1. New windows update crashed my whole computer (nov 2018) - Similar Threads - update crashed whole

2. steam crashes my whole computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    steam crashes my whole computer: it just crashes my whole computer like I can't play my games i have a msi gf75 thin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/steam-crashes-my-whole-computer/f89972fe-b7f4-45d4-ba32-ae3e6a9ebbc1
  3. steam crashes my whole computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    steam crashes my whole computer: it just crashes my whole computer like I can't play my games i have a msi gf75 thin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/steam-crashes-my-whole-computer/f89972fe-b7f4-45d4-ba32-ae3e6a9ebbc1
  4. steam crashes my whole computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Nov 2018 automatic update deletes RAID

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Nov 2018 automatic update deletes RAID: I posted before the holidays and due to travel, did not have a chance to fix before the holidays. Please send me a link to get this OS Booting again. The OS is on my RAID drive. If I need to download a driver for my Intel Rapid Storage Technology RAID, please let me know...
  6. Microsoft update December 2018 crashed my computer

Microsoft update December 2018 crashed my computer: I have a 3 week old Lenovo Legion T530 desktop computer. This is the first Windows update and it has crashed my machine. It will not boot and I just get the Blue screen with various options that do not work. Thank you Microsoft for screwing up a new computer and possibly my...
  7. Nov 2018 Windows Update & Missing AppData

Nov 2018 Windows Update & Missing AppData: Latest Windows update (Nov. 2018) resulted in a black screen. MS assisted with Custom Reinstall, but PC is now running exceptionally slow & not all of my User data was copied over to the Windows.old file. I am now unable to run anything to try to fix the PC and will likely...
  8. Nov 2018 automatic update deletes RAID

Nov 2018 automatic update deletes RAID: My OS was on my RAID and functioning fine before this November 2018 update. Windows loads into RAM, but cannot find desktop (because it cannot see the OS and the User account profile files). This is maddening why Microsoft will FORCE an update that kills a system. Why can't...
  9. Windows 10 Updates for Nov. 2018

Windows 10 Updates for Nov. 2018: All, when I search for updates, they say they have downloaded and installed and even restarted my computer. When I go to "view update history" nothing shows up. Is this something new? The question I really have is: have my updates been installed and why are they not showing...
  10. Windows 10 Update issue Nov 7, 2018

Windows 10 Update issue Nov 7, 2018: I recently had an issue when updating my Windows 10. Everything went through fine save for the important feature update. Here are some screenshots below so you can see the issue. Can someone help me out here? The architecture this system runs is 1706 according to a winver...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 bsod kernel_data_inpage_error area cdd.dll

2. update everything and computer still crashes nov 2018

3. microsoft update crashed my computer 2018