Windows 10: New WIndows Update Fails - Result: No Audio Input or Output Devices found

Discus and support New WIndows Update Fails - Result: No Audio Input or Output Devices found in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The current update I don't know the OS Build because it fails keeps failing then rolling it's self back to the current version. My current OS Build is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BleednBlue, Sep 16, 2020.

1. New WIndows Update Fails - Result: No Audio Input or Output Devices found

The current update I don't know the OS Build because it fails keeps failing then rolling it's self back to the current version. My current OS Build is 19041.450

After the Windows Update Fails, the system reboots and all is working properly. However, after I reboot manually second reboot after failed windows update I get no sound.

The bar at bottom of screen get speaker with red cross with message No Audio Input or Output Devices found however device manager says the audio devices all say working OK.

The only fix that works for me is to do a system restore from a point prior to the failed update.

The exact problem can be found in the link below. Is there a solution yet?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...d/53bcd0eb-dcea-48fe-b235-986ede92740a?page=1

:)

BleednBlue, Sep 16, 2020

2. No audio input or output devices found

After the last update of Windows 10, no audio devices are listed

Searching in the device manager: all audio devices say it works fine

The sound setting says: no output or input devices were found.

JohnPennington3, Sep 16, 2020
  3. No Audio Input or Output Devices found

After latest windows 10 update no audio devices are listed/

Looking in device manager - the audio devices all say working OK

But on bar at bottem of screen get speaker with red cross -- Playing audio - Audio trouble shouter cannot find any problems ..

Sound settings say - No output or Input devices found.

Have tried to re-install Realtek audio drivers for motherboard -- installed but no change

David_Bexhill, Sep 16, 2020
  4. New WIndows Update Fails - Result: No Audio Input or Output Devices found

No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

New WIndows Update Fails - Result: No Audio Input or Output Devices found

1. New WIndows Update Fails - Result: No Audio Input or Output Devices found - Similar Threads - Update Fails Result

2. "no audio output/input devices found" problem; no solutions work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "no audio output/input devices found" problem; no solutions work: I just updated a bunch of drivers on my computer. After the update, audio completely stopped working, and when I went to troubleshoot, it found no input or output devices. By now, I've updated, uninstalled, and reinstalled my audio devices countless times. I took a screenshot...
  3. "no audio output/input devices found" problem; no solutions work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "no audio output/input devices found" problem; no solutions work: I just updated a bunch of drivers on my computer. After the update, audio completely stopped working, and when I went to troubleshoot, it found no input or output devices. By now, I've updated, uninstalled, and reinstalled my audio devices countless times. I took a screenshot...
  4. No output/input devices found after KB5008215 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No output/input devices found after KB5008215 update: Hello,I noticed that after windows installed the update KB5008215 a few days ago, my laptop has stopped recognising my built-in sound/mic devices. I looked a bit on the issue, and the drivers are all okay and updated. I also uninstalled and re-installed the drivers, restarted...
  5. No input and output devices found on laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No input and output devices found on laptop: [ATTACH] The only output device found is my Google Home and it works fine. But then not even the laptop's speakers and mic are there. And when I plug in my headphones they don't show up either. Pretty sure this all happened after a driver update. What can I do?...
  6. No input device found, output device not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No input device found, output device not working.: Hello, I've recently purchased an Alienware computer and have been been experiencing issues. The audio on the computer doesn't seem to work. I can't hear anything coming out, and the computer cant hear me. I have headphones, with a microphone that needs to be plugged in....
  7. no input or output audio devices found

in Windows 10 Customization
    no input or output audio devices found: My computer used to play audio and one day it stopped and says no audio playback devices are found on this computer. When I run the troubleshooter it says the update should take care of it and to restart your computer. Which I have done multiple times. Any ideas?...
  8. No audio input or output devices found

No audio input or output devices found: After the last update of Windows 10, no audio devices are listed Searching in the device manager: all audio devices say it works fine The sound setting says: no output or input devices were found....
  9. No Audio Output Device Found

No Audio Output Device Found: I turned on my Samsung Galaxy Book runnin 64bit Windows 10 a shot time ago and discovered no sound. Hovering over the speaker icon displays the "No audio output device found". I have attempted nearly every troubleshooter I can find online. Each of the items in the device...
  10. No Audio Input or Output Devices found

No Audio Input or Output Devices found: After latest windows 10 update no audio devices are listed/ Looking in device manager - the audio devices all say working OK But on bar at bottem of screen get speaker with red cross -- Playing audio - Audio trouble shouter cannot find any problems .. Sound settings say...