Windows 10: New WIndows Update Fails - Result: No Audio Input or Output Devices found

Discus and support New WIndows Update Fails - Result: No Audio Input or Output Devices found in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The current update I don't know the OS Build because it fails keeps failing then rolling it's self back to the current version. My current OS Build is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BleednBlue, Sep 16, 2020 at 11:37 AM.

1. New WIndows Update Fails - Result: No Audio Input or Output Devices found

The current update I don't know the OS Build because it fails keeps failing then rolling it's self back to the current version. My current OS Build is 19041.450

After the Windows Update Fails, the system reboots and all is working properly. However, after I reboot manually second reboot after failed windows update I get no sound.

The bar at bottom of screen get speaker with red cross with message No Audio Input or Output Devices found however device manager says the audio devices all say working OK.

The only fix that works for me is to do a system restore from a point prior to the failed update.

The exact problem can be found in the link below. Is there a solution yet?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...d/53bcd0eb-dcea-48fe-b235-986ede92740a?page=1

:)

2. No audio input or output devices found

After the last update of Windows 10, no audio devices are listed

Searching in the device manager: all audio devices say it works fine

The sound setting says: no output or input devices were found.

JohnPennington3, Sep 16, 2020 at 11:45 AM
  3. No Audio Input or Output Devices found

After latest windows 10 update no audio devices are listed/

Looking in device manager - the audio devices all say working OK

But on bar at bottem of screen get speaker with red cross -- Playing audio - Audio trouble shouter cannot find any problems ..

Sound settings say - No output or Input devices found.

Have tried to re-install Realtek audio drivers for motherboard -- installed but no change

David_Bexhill, Sep 16, 2020 at 11:45 AM
  4. New WIndows Update Fails - Result: No Audio Input or Output Devices found

No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Sep 16, 2020 at 11:45 AM
Thema:

New WIndows Update Fails - Result: No Audio Input or Output Devices found

1. New WIndows Update Fails - Result: No Audio Input or Output Devices found - Similar Threads - Update Fails Result

2. Help! No audio input devices found

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! No audio input devices found: I just purchased a new laptop (HP envy 360) and am experiencing audio issues! It will not pick up my audio no matter what I do. Under sound settings, the input option is listed as “no audio input devices found.” When i plug in my headphones (that have a working microphone),...
  3. Set Permanent Audio Input/Output Devices

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Set Permanent Audio Input/Output Devices: Windows has been driving me up the wall lately, but unfortunately I can't fully migrate to Linux for a number of reasons. I use Voicemeeter to control/route my audio where I need it for various applications. Works a treat and means I have my audio input and output devices...
  4. no input or output audio devices found

in Windows 10 Customization
    no input or output audio devices found: My computer used to play audio and one day it stopped and says no audio playback devices are found on this computer. When I run the troubleshooter it says the update should take care of it and to restart your computer. Which I have done multiple times. Any ideas?...
  5. No audio output/input device detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio output/input device detected: I've been suing these headphones with my computer for over a month with no problems, but then I installed AMD video driver and suddenly my computer started saying there were no audio devices plugged in. I went to troubleshoot my audio in the Realtek device manager but it had...
  6. No audio input or output devices found

No audio input or output devices found: After the last update of Windows 10, no audio devices are listed Searching in the device manager: all audio devices say it works fine The sound setting says: no output or input devices were found....
  7. No Audio Output Device Found

No Audio Output Device Found: I turned on my Samsung Galaxy Book runnin 64bit Windows 10 a shot time ago and discovered no sound. Hovering over the speaker icon displays the "No audio output device found". I have attempted nearly every troubleshooter I can find online. Each of the items in the device...
  8. No Audio Input or Output Devices found

No Audio Input or Output Devices found: After latest windows 10 update no audio devices are listed/ Looking in device manager - the audio devices all say working OK But on bar at bottem of screen get speaker with red cross -- Playing audio - Audio trouble shouter cannot find any problems .. Sound settings say...
  9. Trying to reinstall audio input and output device

Trying to reinstall audio input and output device: my audio stopped working so I searched up what to do and it said to uninstall and reinstall the sound device so I then accidently uninstalled audio input and output and no I do't know how to reinstall it. also i'm on windows 10....
  10. No audio input device found

No audio input device found: Cortana 't respond to my voice after recognising "Hey Cortana". Other voice inputs like Ok Google work fine. Help!!! 64287