Windows 10: New windows update has ***** word and printers

Discus and support New windows update has ***** word and printers in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So me and my classmates have update all ours computers and now word crashes a lot then we try to print and when we final get to the print screen word... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Michaelfunder, Oct 18, 2021.

1. New windows update has ***** word and printers

So me and my classmates have update all ours computers and now word crashes a lot then we try to print and when we final get to the print screen word still dont want to print. There is one guy who can print and that is because he is the only one who didten update. and now he cant print anymore becausehe updated windows ;CPls fix fast we have finals test soon

:)

Michaelfunder, Oct 18, 2021

2. Word & Printer Difficulties

Hi JoMartin1,

Please follow these steps to help you resolve your concern:

Troubleshoot the Word app.

1. Open the Word app in safe mode. Starting Word in safe mode can allow you to safely use it when it has encountered certain problems. Press Windows key + R and type this command: word /safe, and click OK.
    2. Follow the steps on the Repair an Office application article. It can automatically repair errors in
      Word files.
    3. Update the Word app. Go to File > Account > Update Options > Update Now. Installing any important recommendation and optimal updates can often correct problems by replacing out-of-date files and fixing vulnerabilities.
    4. Uninstall and reinstall the app. You may refer to this
      link

Troubleshoot the printer.

1. Run the Printer troubleshooter. Open settings> Troubleshoot> Printer> Run the troubleshooter> Restart the device.
    2. Update the printer driver. Select Device Manager. Expand Printers,
      find your printer in the list, right-click (or press and hold) it, then select Update Driver.

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Raymond Ave, Oct 18, 2021
  3. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 18, 2021
  4. New windows update has ***** word and printers

Printer? Word says there is no printer installed, Printers are listed under Devices and my default is set

Hello Mel,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Printer. We will certainly help you.

It would be grate if you can reply to this question to assist you further:

• Does the issue only occur when you are using Word?
    • Have you tried printing any other document like PDF?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?

Meanwhile we suggest you to try the steps from the links below and check:

Fix printer problems

Fix printer

Let us know the result. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Oct 18, 2021
Thema:

New windows update has ***** word and printers

1. New windows update has ***** word and printers - Similar Threads - update has *****

2. Printer Problems Word App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Problems Word App: I have recently added Word App to my laptop and now can't print anything from the laptop. Any ideas please?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-problems-word-app/45639627-8fbf-40ce-a194-ba2d8759f2de
  3. Printer Problems Word App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer Problems Word App: I have recently added Word App to my laptop and now can't print anything from the laptop. Any ideas please?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-problems-word-app/45639627-8fbf-40ce-a194-ba2d8759f2de
  4. Printer Problems Word App

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. New windows update has ***** word and printers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New windows update has ***** word and printers: So me and my classmates have update all ours computers and now word crashes a lot then we try to print and when we final get to the print screen word still dont want to print. There is one guy who can print and that is because he is the only one who didten update. and now he...
  6. New windows update has ***** word and printers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New windows update has ***** word and printers: So me and my classmates have update all ours computers and now word crashes a lot then we try to print and when we final get to the print screen word still dont want to print. There is one guy who can print and that is because he is the only one who didten update. and now he...
  7. why printer will not word

why printer will not word: why printer will not word? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-printer-will-not-word/87d60b0c-e93b-43d5-96a6-0288775ddab1
  8. After a windows update, Word has disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After a windows update, Word has disappeared: I did a windows 10 update last night. My Microsoft Office 2013 is gone which contained Word. I have several very important documents saved there. How can I restore it or find it now?...
  9. Word and new windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Word and new windows update: I finally had to uninstall windows 10 since my computer would not function after the last update, it kept locking up, I had no choice, and I knew I would loose some things, I didn't think about backing it up in safe mode...I an no longer find Microsoft word. Did I loose it?...
  10. Word & Printer Difficulties

Word & Printer Difficulties: Had the laptop & printer for a month. Everything's been working fine. Yesterday afternoon, creating a document in Word, when requested that it print, received the message that there is no printer installed. Wrong! Had been printing all morning just fine, just not in Word....